Will updating chipset drivers effect performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kadahaf, Dec 7, 2005.

1. xtaxy2

xtaxy2 Active Member

GPU:
    BFG Asylum GEforce FX 5200 256Mb AGP
    Yap you've got it,that's bcuz of 64 bit.:)

2. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

nvidia should not have wasted time on 64 bit windows and just kept working on vista

3. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

typo
    nvidia should not have wasted time on 64 bit windows and just kept working on vista

should've been
    MS should not have wasted time on 64 bit windows and just kept working on vista

4. xtaxy2

xtaxy2 Active Member

GPU:
    Well that's what Micro$$oft is for(seems like follow the leader,step by step)!Know what i mean?..Remember their new XBOX 360?Opps sorry its out of TOPIC!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005

5. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

lol,

and look at the crashes it had

i might upload a mini installer for the ethernet stuff (without the network manager software)

omg.. its impossible to unifiy the nforce2 ethernet stuff... within the nforce3 stuff

6. Marley

Marley Don José Cuervo

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 275 GTS
    See you guys can get along :D

I have not used a VIA chipset in awhile so you could be right about not updating esp if it is a .0a...... Same with Nvidia I try to stay away from any of the X0.XX drivers as they tend to be buggy I normally wait until X5.xx at least before updating (unless you guys say they are good).

One thing I know is you are correct if it is working dont update (the reason I am still with the 7x series of NV drivers). The only reason I am with the 7x series is I updated for BF2.

7. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

oh the 80's provide so much more lol hahahaha

the reason why they are taking so long to get to 82 is coz the wanna get it right

8. Scief

Scief Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT @Ultra
    Well, it seems that the original guestion is answered, so I have another guestion. Could updating mainboard drivers (in my case VIA), correct graphical corruption that I got when I updated my videocard's drivers? I've tested everything possible, it doesn't go away. If anyone likes to help me with this, feel free, no need to read anything else then the first post.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?threadid=157514

And you said the new 4in1 package is corrupted or something (fubarred? :) ), so I shouldn't install that? And this is a very old mobo, KT333. I'm now running on the second newest drivers (I think) that are here on Guru3D.

9. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

5.06 is bad

5.04 is ok

but if graphics drivers is causing you troubles then a chipset driver update won't fix it

10. xtaxy2

xtaxy2 Active Member

GPU:
    There sayin that Best friend is the best enemy.But for me and {HLH} is different,we'd been first to enemy.So,NOW,Best enemy is gonna be your best Friend!Right {HLH}?? :D

11. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

lol, i find alot of the people i used to have trouble with are my friends... i need to get new enemies

12. Scief

Scief Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT @Ultra
    Ok, I have a guestion and figured that it's unnecessary to start a new thread or PM people when we have this thread, so:
    I installed older VIA 4in1 package than I had, and then the same one I had before that again. The installer asked about my WinXP cd (it asked for SP2 cd???), I put it in and overwrote the files it asked. Then I took a look to device manager. It says I have Primary IDE channel, Secondary IDE channel and VIA Bus Master IDE controller, all drivers dated 1.7 2001. Isn't that kinda, old? I installed the newest IDE drivers (from Hyperion 5.06A, I didn't install anything else because HLH said it's a bad package) and it still says so.
    Is this a bug, and if it isn't, will older IDE drivers affect anything?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  13. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

nope lol, those are the newest via ide drivers... now do you see why i hate via so much?

14. [ZoNk]Kostas007

[ZoNk]Kostas007 Master Guru

GPU:
    7850 1GB
    via suckz!!!!!!!

15. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

Here Here!

16. zenkmander

zenkmander Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7950
    If only we had some tweaked VIA drivers like we do for Nforce. ;)

17. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

lol.. they are old and crappy... tweaking would probably break them lol

18. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    well, VIA is working good here, no complaints at all.

19. Wolverine69r

Wolverine69r Guest

your one of the few :p

20. Scief

Scief Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT @Ultra
    Ok, so I tried some old IDE drivers, IDE Accelerators. Device manager told that I had 22.10 2004 version instead of 1.7 2001 as with the newest IDE drivers so they actually were different drivers. When I logged in, all my shortcuts were in wrong places, and it told that it had detected some new device. But I got 4fps more in NFS MW. So, are there any good IDE drivers, I really liked the 4fps increase, but not the side effects, I got scared.