Possible Hand Gun Ban in Canada

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by zhackore, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moshpit

moshpit Guest

I have an interesting story to tell. About 6 months ago a punk tried to force his way in my door when his attempted scam of "selling stuff" didn't work and I told him to go away. I couldn't get to my gun OR the phone in time. What did I do? I ripped my Katana off the wall and in one move swung it to his neck. I was fully preppared to take his bloody head but he gave in instantly and dropped to his knees. My wife then called 911 and told them the situation, to which they said someone was on the way. 30 minutes later they showed up with me still holding the punk at swords tip to his throat. The Sherrif's deputy LAUGHED at him as he was handcuffing the scumbag. He then asked me why I hadn't excersized my right to shoot him the moment he broke in and I explained there was no time to get to a firearm. Responsable gun ownership means firearms are put WELL away and unreachable and unaccessable by little hands (my children). He shook his head and said this was a new one for him and he and his partner took the bastard away. The little ****er is already out of jail. He hasn't shown back up here yet, but now I have to keep a firearm ready and closer to reach since I know next time the little ****er will come armed if he gets over the piss in his pants I caused him last time.

Had I just shot him before they arrived, I would have totally gotten away with it and a life or death threat to my family would be gone forever. Texas is VERY understanding about home defense. Next time he gets the bullet.

For those of you living in the fantasy world that the police will protect you, get over it. That's pure BS and anybody with half a brain knows it. The police LAUGHED. I was purely offended that they could laugh like that during such a serious situation. The world is a HARD place. People are cruel and unfeeling and your ONLY hope is to defend yourself and those you love. Get over this expectation that everybody else lives in the same fantasy world that the police care. They see so much crap everyday that they don't. i bet those bastard cops were at a donut shop when they got the call and had to finish thier coffee before responding to our call.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2005
  2. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    And the number of times that's happened to you is...?

You Americans can keep your boom boom sticks and go shoot each other. We don't need them. What we do need is mandetory prison sentences for carrying a gun for the purpose of crime which is what the Conservatives are working to do.

Lol, that's just retarded. Box cutter = to open boxes. Gun = to kill or injure people/animals. There's the difference, a big one at that. A box cutter was never designed to hurt anybody. A gun isn't a tool.
    And I do believe that you people won't let me keep nail scissors in my carry on.

And I'm also sure the criminal will be there to pry the gun from your "cold dead hands" if he happens to be a little faster on the draw.

3. dakotase

dakotase Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X850XT PCI-E/NV5 Silencer
    Wasn't there talk about regulating 20lb Propane BBQ tanks after Columbine?

To those who want to give up our 2nd Amendment rights so easily, I have only one thing to say...these left wingers aren't going to stop with just banning guns, before you know it, forums such as these where everyone is given the opportunity to express their opinions may be next on their list. What would you do if you lost your 1st Amendment rights?

If you don't own a gun, that's fine, just don't put down law abiding citizens who do and want to protect what Constitutional rights they have irregardless of how old the Constitution is.

4. moshpit

moshpit Guest

Read my last post and then rethink what you just said, Oreneda. Reality shows your full of it on your weak reasoning. A Gun IS a tool. Nothing more. It's a piece of metal designed for the purpose of DEFENSE. No gun manufacturer makes his weapons thinking "hmmm, if I add this, the weapon will make a burgelars life MUCH easier". Dummy, he's thinking "if I add this, it'll be more reliable when somebody uses it to defend thier loved ones". Get it straight, nobody makes guns for illegal use. That card board cutter was designed for box cutting. What did it DO tho? killed 3k people. Get real man.

5. dakotase

dakotase Active Member

GPU:
    [/QUOTE]And I'm also sure the criminal will be there to pry the gun from your "cold dead hands" if he happens to be a little faster on the draw.[/QUOTE]

Duhh!

6. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Okay, what if your home was being invaded?

If the perpetrator is armed and if you try calling the police, he'll kill you instantly.

Are you saying the Conservatives are working to carry guns for criminal purposes? Or are they working for mandatory prison sentences for those carrying a gun? What if someone has a license to carry a concealed weapon and he does no crime with it? Please explain.

7. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    I still don't see any type of constructive solutions coming from the pro-gun users that will make me more comfortable with people carrying guns. All I see is them defending their rights blah blah blah... Tell me something NEW.

8. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    If someone robs me, I'll give him what he wants. Playing hero will get you dead. If he see's I have a gun, "boom.....headshot"...I'm dead, and I can't hit restart. I don't need a gun for protection, just common sense...

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  9. moshpit

moshpit Guest

Apologies, Oreneda, for going off on you like that. I have VERY strong feelings on this issue since I had to defend my home recently and have NO tolerance for those who promote the taking away of my abilities to defend my family. Guns are NOT built with ANY thought of illegal use. Just like box cutters, they're designed and built with a specific, LEGAL and honest usage in mind.

Smith and Wesson weapon designers go out of thier way to ensure a weapon is best suited for law enforcement, home defense, or hunting. No other purpose is intended. People missuse ANYTHING tho. Guns are NOT exclusive to this at all. Box cutters, Pencils, ANYTHING can be misused with deadly results. You cannot single out firearms like that and then say there's a difference. There REALLY isn't. NO COMPANY BUILDS FIREARMS INTENDED FOR ILLEGAL USE. Just like no company intended for thier box cutter to cost the lives of 3000 innocent people. Please find ONE historic situation where such a small number of guns did as much damage as those box cutters did. We're talking 5 or 6 box cutters here. So, point to me where 5 or 6 guns were used to accomplish the same level of loss.

Okay, defending my family from those who will get them anyway. There's something new. Or take away the guns and they'll come with crossbows next, or baseball bats, or very sharp pencils. Are you saying I should leave the defense of my family in the hands of police who cannot get here any quicker then 30 minutes? I scoff at that notion of letting my family DIE because of your shortsightedness.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2005
  10. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm sorry but this makes no sense to me. I have never had an incident where I have felt I've needed a gun. My parents haven't and neither have my grandparents. Guns may be necessary for defense in war time but we are not at war with anybody. Statistics show that the likelyhood of a home invasion is quite small and hardly any are random. At least that's the way it is here. In fact there are only 86 robberies per 100,000 people compaired to 2131 minor criminal code offenses for the same number. In fact, you are 10 times more likely to have someone break into your home when you are not there to defend your property then to have a home invasion. Your odds of having a violent robbery are only 0.086%. Based on these statistics, I don't see a need to have a gun to protect your family seeing the chances are so remote that you're ever going to use it. As I said, most violent crimes of the type are not random. If somebody wants to rob you badly enough, its unlikely that a little hand gun is going to stop them because they are likely packing some bigger heat.

11. god4sure

god4sure Elite Trini Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX / X300
    While I agree with this I am also of the point of view that citizens have a right to protect and defend themselves.

Gun ammnesty do not work as they are always a sizeable amount of guns in the hands of criminals.

The best way is to find and prevent ILLEGAL guns form getting into the wrong hands.....and that is gonna be tough

12. dakotase

dakotase Active Member

GPU:

And what's wrong with defending one's constitutional rights???

I don't recall any of us "pro-gunners" asking you to buy a gun. If you don't want a gun, OK by me. Just don't take a position against us.

13. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    most reasonable post yet. Which is where I'd like to steer this discussion. How do you stop the trade of illegal hand guns when the society you're livining is making hand guns readily available and pumps out millions of them every year. Hundreds of thousands of jobs are in the business of making hand guns. I HIGHLY doubt the US goverment is able to regulate every single hand gun store in america with a centralized database and policies.

Why don't these Hand Gun companies start funneling some of their massive profits into social programs to prevent the illegal possesion of guns.

1 person likes this.
  14. moshpit

moshpit Guest

And I say your wrong. It JUST happened to me about 6 months ago that i SAVED MY FAMILY and may have to yet again because the criminal system let the little $hit go who invaded my home. I did it with a sword last time and it cost me because now the little $hit is free and probably planning revenge. I'm SO glad that I have the option of finishing the job next time.

15. moshpit

moshpit Guest

I should probably stay out of the rest of this conversation. My personal experience makes it a VERY heated subject for me. I will NOT depend on the police to protect my family because they WON'T. It's up to each of us to defend what we love on our own or face losing it.

16. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    Well, play hero if you want to, but your kids may not have a father after you try. My home has been broken into before, but I wasn't home. I can understand how people feel violated, but anger/revenge...though normal...will only cause more trouble.

17. moshpit

moshpit Guest

HERO???? DUMBASS!! Are you FREAKING STUPID? The punk BROKE INTO MY HOME!!!! There's nothing heroic about it. I did what was necessary and from what I can see, YOU would be dead if it had been you instead of me in that situation. The punk had a knife. No gun, a knife. He never got it out, as he tried he found a sword at his throat. Next time he shows on my property he gets shot for it. My kids are 5 times safer with me then ANYBODY is with you!

18. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Eye for an eye and the whole world goes blind.

http://www.conservative.ca/EN/key_issues/stand_up_for_security/

It's important to remember that the Second Amendment does not exist in Canada. The Conservatives want minimum sentences if you have a weapon on your person for the purpose of crime and they want harsh sentences if you use a gun to commit one. The idea is not to punish those who own guns but those who use them to commit crime so relax. A total ban on guns is just my personal opinion and it relates to Canadian culture and not political affiliation.

19. moshpit

moshpit Guest

What does that have to do with self defense? You mean just let them kill my family and say "well, I was peacefull so my soul can rest easy with the loss of all I love"? BULL$HIT!!! You can say that all the way to the hospital after somebody has thier way with you and there's no police to save you.

20. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    you hit the nail on the head. The gun didn't help you at all, nor did it make the situation any better or worse; you were able to protect your family without the help of it. The criminal system is the one that failed you - guns had nothing to do with it.

to be perfectly honest - in order for a gun to be of most use it has to be IMMEDIATLY accessible.

Ex: One underneath you pillow - one in the bathroom, one in the kitchen, and one beside the remote control in your living room; otherwise a real experienced criminal will be on you within seconds. It's all a matter of chance.

There was a shooting here in Ottawa where two bystanders were shot for NO Reason by some crazy person in china town. Even if they had guns at least one of them would be dead anyway. Guns I believe creates an atmosphere of fear that someone will try something on you at anytime

-

additionally - What I found the most interesting about this discussion is the Polarity between Canadians and Americans. Here in .ca we somehow manage without the help of guns for the majority of us. In US you guys manage with guns... oh well - too complicated for me to understand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.