EVGA a good brand?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by outlaw88, Dec 7, 2005.

1. outlaw88

outlaw88 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    JW if EVGA is a good brand. Looking to get some 7800GT's and EVGA seems to have the best prices, i've never used EVGA before so any input would be good.

2. Good

Good Member

GPU:
    AMD 7750
    My kid has one 6800 nu, after 6 months i may say that it is great! even overclocking.

3. TheRevern

TheRevern Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780GTX OCC 3gb
    yeah they are a good brand, if you ever have a problem email them and they help you and are very easy to work with and have a 90 day trade up program (not sure if all do) and auto overclock of cards and better heatsinks for some

4. Daly

Daly Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA NVIDIA 6800GT 256mb
    my 6800GT from eVGA has treated me extremely well...no probs

5. Cullam3n

Cullam3n Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 6800 256mb
    They are a great brand... I recommend them. My boy has the eVGA 6800 Ultra AGP, no problems there. They also are one of the few that give you case badges :)

6. digitard

digitard Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA/7800GT/256mb (OC 480/1150)
    I just bought a 7800GT from EVGA last week... so far, awsome. The card runs idle at 39c and peak in the high 40's. My old LEADTEK 6800GT ran in the 60's idle!

Card is perfect!

7. GuitarScott

GuitarScott Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT 512MB
    i have 2 7800gt's by them.. and they never gave me a lick of trouble.

one word of caution.. if you get their mobo, sorry now. they are a vcard company.. not a mobo company, they know little about them.

8. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    I have one and no problems here. I have there agp 6800gt.

9. ARMYguy

ARMYguy Guest

GPU:
    Titan V

Iv heard that their mother board is actually very decent, especially since it comes with some vcards for free. It wont beat out the best like asus and what not, but to be fair it is fast and stable, just not the best.

10. chazly413

chazly413 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce 970 4GB
    i bought my 6800gs from them. It's a very good card. basically a 6800 on steroids with a 7800gt cooling system. idles 39 max load 54. Very nice company. I here they even make some bios for people just for their needs! step up is good for qualifying cards. say you buy a 7800gtx just as soon as 512mb came out. you could buy the 512mb for the price difference of the two cards! great policy, no one can match it

11. jerin222

jerin222 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA - GeForce 7800GT OC 256MB
    Top quality stuff. Best warranty out there :)

12. batryn

batryn Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 9800GTX 810/2000/236
    ive had really good luck with evga. they have a good warrenty and are relativly cheap. i recamend them

13. GuitarScott

GuitarScott Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT 512MB
    the motherboard is re-branded from jetway.. they supply oem manu's.

i had 3 RMA's with the same exact problem. (keyboard ps/2 port didn't work)

went to circuit city and bought the board i have now.. and it worked the first time i tried.

i was on the phone for a total of 5 hours with evga about the motherboards, and they just said mostly.. (have you tried another cpu?.. like i have a spare?, have you made sure everything is seated correctly? [i've been doing this for a couple years..])

it was just retarded of them to give out things they had no clue about.. its like when a company gives you that free no name gift with their product and it comes to you broken.. then they don't wanna help you.

14. keikdasneek

keikdasneek Guest

One of the best brands out there.

15. ViciousXUSMC

ViciousXUSMC Banned

GPU:
    Geforce 7800GTX@497/1300
    Best warrenty (double life time warrenty you can do anything to your card you want and as long as its not phisically damaged it will be covered, this includes overclocking the piss out of it, changing heat sinks, you name it you can do it and not void your warrenty, the reason its a double life time warrenty is when you sell the card, the person you sell it to also gets to keep the warrenty so helps you sell the card)

Great support, they have the fastest help of any support team I have ever seen, just browsing there forums they have 2 techs there answerign questions and helping out, as well as company high ups that can pull favors for you and stuff like that, they even have this one tech thats making custom bios for people on request!

Price is average, not much diffent than other brands.

Cards look good! I like the black/silver

eVGA exclusive goodies like black pearl water cooled cards that come pre assembled for you, these things clock like monsters!

And my favroite of all.

the eVGA step up program, anytime within 90 days of your purchase if you should choose to want to own a higher up card, you can "trade in" your current card for FULL retail value twords the purchase of a higher up card.

So I am currently using that program to upgrade from a 7800 GTX 256 to a 7800 GTX 512 only have to pay about 200$ + S/H while everybody else is forced to try to sell there cards for as much as posible to other people if they want to upgrade... You cant beat that deal!

eVGA is a great if not the greatest video card company

16. digitard

digitard Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA/7800GT/256mb (OC 480/1150)
    I love the fact my Leadtek 6800GT idle'd at 60c to 64c, and peaked in the high 70's... took a AC Silencer to get it to idle in the 50's.

I take my EVGA 7800GT CO SE out of the box and it idles in the 38c range, and peaks in the 40's. You cant ask for more from stock cooling and its quiet.

17. -ToasT-

-ToasT- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670
    EVGA is among the best in the business.

18. outlaw88

outlaw88 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Thanks guys, I was just a little skeptical because im usually a firm believer in "you get what you pay for" and being that eVGA (from my research anyway) has the best prices for the 7800GT I just wanted to make sure it was high quality stuff before I went ahead and got some