7800GTX KO edition question...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by darthanakin23, Dec 1, 2005.

1. I got two EVGA 7800's and their not the KO version but the ACS3 version thats clocked at 470. It has the same exact heatsink as the KO edition. Now my question is will the first card or even the second one have any issues with my Asus A8N-SLI-Deluxe motherboard. I am mainly worried about the chipset fan, now the reason I haven't tried the cards yet is because they are being shipped to me from Newegg as we speak. Please does anyone have any information on this?

P.S. I got this motherboard before their little heatpipe cooling revision...:-/

2. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

If the cards are the same model there will be no problem.

About the chipset fan, isnt there a list for supported cards?

Check its not very near the PCI-E slots and the processor socket.

3. Yes the EVGA 7800GTX w/ACS3 cards I am getting have the identical heatsink and fan as the KO edition. I am still confused, since I don't have the cards here physically, I cannot see if they will fit and not interfere with the A8N-SLI Deluxe's heatsink and fan for the chipset. Can anybody help me out on this? Is anyone using the KO edition with my same motherboard? Or do you know someone who is using the KO edition with my motherboard?

Thanks in advance for the help...

To clear things up, I am worried about my first 7800GTX w/ACS3 getting in the way of the heatsink and fan the A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard has for the chipset...Want to make sure the card or the chipset fan don't get in each other's way, physically.

4. Nobody out there can help me out?

5. Art_Vandaleigh

Art_Vandaleigh Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTX SC
    It shouldnt be a problem. I have SLI with the huge NV5 silencers that are right over top the chipset fan, and it does not effect its temps.

6. Thanks for the response!

7. bail_w

bail_w Banned

GPU:
    BFG 7800GTX @ 515/1395
    i suggest you change your motherboard to DFI or A8N32 :0

8. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid
    Why? He's got a great mobo to begin with...

9. Just got the two cards and running in SLI with no problems. Thanks to everyone for helping me. I also don't see a reason to upgrade my motherboard yet, until next year for the new AMD socket. Also I got the ASUS board because I noticed it gives my two cards more room in between then other mobo's. Also these cards at full load haven't even gone over 60 celsius, but I do have good cooling in my rig.

P.S. Bail_W I will ship my two Ultra's Monday.

10. bail_w

bail_w Banned

GPU:
    BFG 7800GTX @ 515/1395
    well if you not doing some serious overclocking or gaming . asus might be the best choice. anyway check you pm

11. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid
    Are you smoking something illegal? I hightly doubt your DFI board would do much better, IF ANY, than my ASUS board in gaming! Man I hate it when people become fanboys for certain companies.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  12. bail_w

bail_w Banned

GPU:
    BFG 7800GTX @ 515/1395
    DID YOU READ WTF I SAY? OVERCLOCKING TOO... OWN IN YOUR F**** FACE

13. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid
    What the hell is that supposed to mean? You should learn to relax a little and not try to insult people by cursing at them. You obviously don't know what your talking about when it comes to our mobos. I didn't say mine could overclock better than yours, I said they play games just as well. You've taken enough of my time, I have better things to do than argue with someone who's acting like an idiot.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2005
  14. I didn't mean to start a fight. Lets just say for gaming, both motherboards are great! Let's leave it at then, by the way thanks for all your help...

P.S. I got both cards and they run great! The full load temp doesn't go above 60 celsius. I love it and thats the top card, the bottom card probably has a lower temp than that.

15. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid
    You didn't start the fight, his ignorance started the fight, lol.

Glad to hear that everything went ok for ya. How's the performance increase on games? If it highly noticeable, or just a little better. I've been tossing the SLI idea up the air for the last couple weeks.