81.84 messes up with my monitor brightness and contrast

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Krohling, Oct 7, 2005.

1. REGENERATI0N

REGENERATI0N Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    The latest NGO nVidia Optimized driver fix it..

2. Reggel

Reggel New Member

GPU:
    AMD 7950
    Sadly but NGO Optimised driver doesn't help... I still have the same problem. I can't set the contrast manually on my monitor...
    I have an LG F900B

3. REGENERATI0N

REGENERATI0N Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    ROFL! I have LG Flatron F900B too and it's working here good. Try to run some driver cleaner or clean cache.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  4. evert.999

evert.999 Active Member

GPU:
    vga 512kb
    jep, same problem here!
    I can't even change the contrast while i am in DOS (boot disk) or bios! so the driver f*cked up my monitor OSD software somehow... i think going to call LG for a monitor replacedment...

5. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

omg.. reset the monitor to factory defaults

6. evert.999

evert.999 Active Member

GPU:
    vga 512kb
    if it was so easy i didn't post here ;)

resetting, recalling, doesn't work! contrast stays on 100% i can change the brightness, but the buttons for changing the contrast are locked somehow! resintalling driver doesn't work, as i mention i even cant change the settings while i am not in windows...

its very wicked problem!

7. rapier

rapier Member Guru

GPU:
    Two xfx 7950 GX2 SLI Mode
    @ kny3twalker
    Did the profane language help? Not a bit, I assume, it just annoyance for averybody else.
    The only way to solve the problem is:
    FallenAngel:
    That was stated well before your posting, why did you not believe FallenAngel? :bolt:

And - btw - stop cursing, please!

8. amdecko

amdecko New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6600 GT
    I had same problem.
    Using direct access feature (81.95) has side effect, that monitor special servis menu is aktivated (LG F900P). If you try to change contrast while servis menu aktivated than your settings will be messed. It is really serious bug.

To solve that
    You must switch off your monitor (with power button) than switch on. That should restore default OSD menu and unlock contrast.
    If your contrast stays dark even at 100% than you must manually aktivate monitor servis menu and raise contrast there.

But!!!...enabling and using service menu can be little tricky and for advanced users only. Try searching google for more documentation or call LG service.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2005