360 Vs. PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ryman03, Nov 12, 2005.

?

Which system do you prefer in terms of graphics and gameplay?

1. CPU

81.9%
  2. 360

6.9%
  3. I still play Atari!

1.7%
  4. I don't care, and in this case I shouldn't be voting.

9.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsv004

jsv004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    I agree, it has become pointless, non-sense and a waste of time.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2005
  2. Silent Option

Silent Option Master Guru

GPU:
    Two EVGA FTW GTX 260 in S
    attention admin please lock the thread.

3. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Important notice.

If you have bought an xbox360, keep it well ventilated, as alot of them are burning out, and whatever u do, don't leave them on a carpet.

4. Red~Mage

Red~Mage Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800XL
    Source?

Didn't the original Xbox have this problem too?

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    oh my GOD!! look at what you're freakin asking! it's already known that the Revo's remote will have a control stick attachment, and a regular old run-of-the-mill controller attachment is in the works...... even using 2 remotes...... and you're asking what genre's will be out of the question? INSANE! if you ask me, MORE genre's will be possible on Revolution.... possibly even RTS's with it's remote (which i think i may have seen screenshots of what could be done with it) since the remote itself is basically a controller AND a motion/position sensing gun. there can be sword fights...... MMOFPSF (massively multiplayer online first person sword fighter) if someone chooses to try to make such a genre for the Revolution. it will, by the looks/sound of it, REVOLUTIONIZE the way FPS's are played on the console. no more lock-on system in Metroid games..... just aim and fire. all that while Xbox will be stuck with it's Halo 3. pfft. just think about it a bit longer than for 5 seconds..... it's not too hard to imagine why Revolution will be good.

6. Red~Mage

Red~Mage Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon X800XL
    Pardon my ignorance, I had no idea a normal controller was in the works (probably because I haven't hear one word about it).

Still, my points remain valid (unless you prove me again).

Nintendo simply alienates.

If it doesn't have the third party support this time around (again) it will fail yet again.

7. Ryman03

Ryman03 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX260 OC
    I'm sorry, but why would we want to lock this thread, that would be pointless. First off, these forums are based around graphics and that is what we are comparing here, graphics.

Now there have been some great arguments on who thinks what is better and I believe that more good arguments will arise now that the 360 is actually out, once more people get their hands on it. It is all just for people to explain why they think one is better than the other by backing it up with evidence and resources.

8. Silent Option

GPU:
    we were only given a few evidence but most of what posted were posted are crap.

9. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    You guys know that the developers only had a couple months with the final 360 hardware right? You really have to wait a year to see what it has to offer. Most(all?) of the games right now are ports and didn't have a lot of time to be fully optimized. Look at tony hawk, it looks almost like the friggin xbox 1 version! Once you see some games designed from the ground up then you will see what the 360 has to offer. Till then, this discussion is kinda moot. Oh yeah, I think the revolution controller looks like it's gonna be on par(or even better?) with mouse/keyboard in fps's also. Regarding the ps3, yes it will probably be slightly more powerful than 360 but harder to leverage that power so they are roughly equal(although the 360 gpu is a huge question mark cuz it's new technology for gpu's). Lastly, on to the pc. The pc will always be the most powerful and sli/crossfire proves that point. Factor in price points and ease of use and the whole discussion leans to consoles. Cuz truthfully, graphics wise, call of duty 2 on xbox 360 or sli 7800gtx look pretty much the same. Down the road is where your sli rig will pay off as the 360 levels out and improvement slows to a crawl and the sli rig has no problem keeping up with the latest releases. *sigh* too long of a post.

10. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

*gets to work on convertinr mouse and keyboard to work on Revolution*

11. jsv004

jsv004 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 SLI
    I am very curious as to where the Revolution will stand when it's released, ever since Nintendo64 came out, it's been rough for them, they have loss alot of solid ground from the gaming industry since then. Even though they said that they wont compete with Sony or MS and releasing an innovated controller, will it be enough to keep them in the game? They might have some interesting games and their new controller might be something but will this controller and effort really be enough to keep nintendo breathing? I'll prolly keep tabs on Nintendo after Revolution gets released to see wether they'll make it or not as this may end up being nintendo's last attempt to rise up as a tough gaming competitor or it's downfall.

I hope Revolution does well atleast, i grew up playing nintendo and SNES so i'll be cheering for them, even though i won't buy it.:p
    But if it fails then it could be the end for nintendo i'm afraid.:(

As for Xbox360, i'll buy 1 as soon as a good RGP comes out, the graphics may not be as good as my PC's but xbox360's graphics still looks good though and i'm patiently waiting for the 2 RGP's they are working for the Xbox360 to be released. Same goes for the PS3.

12. Drizzt

Drizzt Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7800GT @ Stock OC
    X-Box 360 vs PC is not... hmm nice sig Silent Option... X-Box 360 vs PC is not about the hardware, the graphics or the price. It's about the games. Gaming has always been about the games. I'll take my 1000+ PC games (Yes I'm including emulators) over the 10 crap X-Box 360 games any day, thanks.

There is one major area where consoles dominate computers... Social gatherings. When I have people over it's a lot easier and more casual to pick up a controller turn on the tv and hit the power button and start gaming while sitting next to each other chatting. Name me one good multiplayer game for the computer where you don't need more than one computer.... Oh and plz don't say Civilization.. Not everyone wants to play 10 hours straight in one sitting to finish one game.

Maybe in time people and programmers will realize all consoles really are; are computers. I can put my tower in the living room, hook it up to the HDTV, and plug in 4 gaming pads. I now have a console.

13. simonknight

simonknight Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GS OC AGP
    Wing Commander Armada

14. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    super nintendo is better than a PC -- simply because you can play Chrono Trigger on it - Mhahaha (don't tell me you can emulate Chrono Trigger on your Pc...cuz its 1000x better on a SNES anyway OK OK OK OK :p:p)..flame on

15. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850

16. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
  17. Silent Option

GPU:
    thanks..

18. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    I have an old Gravis Gamepad that's exactly like the Snes one, and with an emulator you can play just like the snes with that gamepad! Flame On! ;) (you have to have such a gamepad, the feeling is lost if you play snes games with a keyboard)

19. GuitarScott

GuitarScott Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT 512MB

omfg. my hero's. hahahahah

:0

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

haha Xbox360 :peeleft:

:knock:

20. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU: