Watchout for a trojan virus with this application!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by stefanie, Nov 17, 2005.

1. stefanie

stefanie Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx geforce 5500 oc 336/430
    When I was a Nube I thought Norton was great. Well it is if you have 4gbs of the best RAM on the market and a cpu that has not been devolped yet with a speed of 5000 GHZ. It is a hog, but it works. HA hA

2. dominant1

dominant1 Guest

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    Norton cant hold a candle to PC-Cillin. When i Worked for Best buy in the Geek squad area most of the problems customers had were spyware and virus infections. %85 of those pc's had norton anti virus already installed on their pc's. We would uninstall norton plug the pc into our store network where the pc - cillin file was located, run it and find hundreds of viruses that norton never caught. When the customer returned we told them to pick up a copy of pc- cilling for $30 bucks and they never had a problem again. After 1 year norton wants you to pay $20.00 more for definition updates. pc -cillin is always free after you buy it..

http://www.digitalriver.com/v2.0-img/operations/trendmic/site/multi.htm

I'll say it again Norton Sucks!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2005
  3. stefanie

stefanie Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx geforce 5500 oc 336/430
    They should add Norton as a spyware..he he

4. Pat the Cat

Pat the Cat Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 6800 Ultra 425/1120
    BIG thanks. I lost the link a while ago.

Funnily enough, after I'd downloaded a utility from Fresh. Spooky coincidence!

5. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    Ever used McAfee. It's about 10x worse than Norton. My dad had it on his. Worked fine for a while but then it slowed the system to a crawl. I mean slow. Took about 5min to open a file. 10min for a program. It had rooted itself in there that it was almost impossible to delete. Took me a couple days to fix it. DO NOT USE MCAFEE!