Help!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Gimble, Nov 15, 2005.

1. PaladinJ

PaladinJ Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC
    I went and found the manual for that Intel 915GAG (at least I think it's for it). I believe I read somewhere that the board is supposed to automatically disable the onboard video when you have a pci-e graphics card in there, I think that would explain why you couldn't plug your monitor back into the onboard video when windows was loaded up. Try changing these settings in the "advanced chipset features" menu in the bios:

---Go to the "PCI Express Root Port Func" menu, and select "enable for your pci-e port and "v1.0a" for your pci-e compliancy mode.
    ---Then for your "Init Display First", choose "PEG", and where it says "PEG Force X1", turn it on to enable.

If none of that works, and if you have anything plugged into your other pci slots, try taking those out. Also, take out all your USB stuff and anything extra that you have plugged in and try it with that.

2. Gimble

Gimble Active Member

GPU:
    Visiontek 4850
    Is there certain process that I need to have running, because I did disable alot...maybe thats the problem??

3. techno33

techno33 Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia 6100
    in the bios?...........set everything to default if you did and then only put pci-e as your default video.dont change anything else then boot up disabling processes can be bad......................especially if you dont know which is which

4. PaladinJ

PaladinJ Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC
    ya you might just either try clearing the bios, or if there is an option to revert to default, try that

5. Gimble

Gimble Active Member

GPU:
    Visiontek 4850
    no process in windows im talking about.

6. Gimble

Gimble Active Member

GPU:
    Visiontek 4850
    Im starting to think i dont have enough power...could this be a symptom?

7. techno33

techno33 Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia 6100
    well id go back and renable the processes in windows.....then try it(disabling stuff you dont know about can really screw your computer over)

8. PaladinJ

PaladinJ Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC
    when in doubt, backup and reformat :)

9. Gimble

Gimble Active Member

GPU:
    Visiontek 4850
    grrrrr

10. techno33

techno33 Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia 6100
    yea like i said before might just be a bad instal of windows....................

11. Gimble

Gimble Active Member

GPU:
    Visiontek 4850
    I had things running perfect before I got the new card...so cant be bad install of windows..I enabled all the process I disabled, and also went out and got a 500watt power supply and still no luck.

12. Gimble

Gimble Active Member

GPU:
    Visiontek 4850
    Just found out that there are 2 types of PCI-E...theres x1 and x16, now this might be my source of the problem. I think I have a x1 PCI-E x1 on my motherboard and the video card is x16 and maybe thats why its not working correctly.

13. techno33

techno33 Member Guru

GPU:
    nvidia 6100

uhhhhhhhhhh yea................. well pci-e16 is slightly bigger then agp and pci-e is about quater of the size..............if this is the case your card is not compatible with your motherboard but you would not see a load up screen......... or the bios find in the maunal what type of slots your motherboard has...........and if you have it installed in the right one

14. PaladinJ

PaladinJ Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC
    I'm pretty sure you have the card installed in the right spot, pci-e x-1s are very short slots, and if your card fit into any slot on your mobo, it would only be the x-16