Mixed&matched Vendors-sli

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by NecroDemonNZXT, Nov 9, 2005.

1. NecroDemonNZXT

NecroDemonNZXT Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    any1 who has used 2 different cards in SLI from {different manufacturers}, plz tell if it was a success with the latest 81.85 etc....thanx!

2. JetPig

JetPig Active Member

GPU:
    dual 6800 GTs
    i havne't, i bought my cards back when 71.xx came out. however it's advertised in the release notes that it works. also nvidia dded the ability to go to and from SLi without a reboot (makes dual monitors MUCH easier)

3. NecroDemonNZXT

NecroDemonNZXT Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4850
    nice!............im setting up my rig with the new 6600gt as master card and the other with the zalman vf700CU in the second pci-e slot........will i be able to work and gain fps with only one of them clocked , or should i clock them both to same clocks?????? plz if any1 could link me to a SLI HOW TO guide with pics, etc ill be really pleased :D

4. Utena

Utena Member

GPU:
    2x 6800GT
    My understanding is that they have to be the same card (ie 6800GT) and clocked at the same speed to do SLI properly.

5. fivefeet8

fivefeet8 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800gtx @625/2100
    Not anymore. You can have different manufacturers(bios's) and even differerent clockspeeds. It will still work.

YOU will need the same card though. 6800gt and 6800gt.