BFG rma issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by DrHycodan, Nov 3, 2005.

1. DrHycodan

DrHycodan Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080
    What did you get?

2. rought

rought Master Guru

GPU:
    twin XFX 6800GT sli
    i got a general recording to leave a voice mail.
    it also gave the tech support number so I think its just the info number.. not a direct line

3. DrHycodan

DrHycodan Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080
    So would a manager ever be available in the tech support?

4. rought

rought Master Guru

GPU:
    twin XFX 6800GT sli
    it would have had to leave a message .. which most likey mean no..
    the line is no different than the normal line.

5. Zedarian

Zedarian Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 9800GTX+ SLI
    dang wish i got this before i got a card that worked.

I'v also gotten a bad rma card(after having it sit on my desk for a week and a half i noticed that a capacitor was hanging by 1 wire and was about to fall off)
    i was soo hopeing that card would work too it even had like a custom BFG heatsink. like the case was clear with blue legs in them the fan was much more silent and instead of the copper being painted black it was left its copper color and weighed a LOT more.

anyways the 2nd rma card was good tho

the actual tech support was good and i like the overnight shipping
    (except they emailed the tracking number to me AFTER i already got the cards)

but somewhere when they send out so-called repaired cards they're no testing them to see if their actually fixed

anyways good luck to ya

6. pitydafoo

pitydafoo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 Ti 4GB
    Odd. I had nothing but good experiences with them when I returned my old card. What other companies have you dealt with that were so much better? They have the best customer service I've come across in PC's/parts.

7. rought

rought Master Guru

GPU:
    twin XFX 6800GT sli
    you got lucky....
    I average 1 card in 3 that work from BFG..
    only other companies I've have RMA'ed with were ASUS.. Western Digital ..Maxtor over 50 times....AMD..
    they were all great...maxtor hardrive dont last me.. i get 6 month out of one.thats it. Ive RMA'ed around 50-60 drives.. customer service is great though.hardrives are the worse...
    AMD is the best company of all....

8. pitydafoo

pitydafoo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 Ti 4GB
    I'll have to see how my brother does. He just returned two cards to them. Hopefully he'll have similar luck to me [​IMG] The support people have been nice to him thus far, though.

9. DrHycodan

DrHycodan Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080
    For anyone who's spoken to someone of higher command in BFG, please share some info on how to.

10. rought

rought Master Guru

GPU:
    twin XFX 6800GT sli
    the support guys are mixed.. some or good some are not...
    but they have no control over what gets sent to you....

11. pitydafoo

pitydafoo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 Ti 4GB
    Well, my brother finally got all both of his cards replaced. The first time, they sent him a 5700LE with no DVI to replace his ti4200. Since he was using DVI on this card, he told them this was unacceptable. They sent him another 5700LE that actually had DVI (which they don't list in their cards, so that was alittle odd). This card's shipment was screwed up twice, so it took a while to get it. When he returned his 5600, they just sent back another 5600 just like it. So, I can't say I'm thrilled with their service anymore, but I guess it's passable. My other brother also has one of their ti4200's, and its fan is on the way out. He's going to wait until they have something other than sucky 5700LE's to replace them.

12. nightwalker342

nightwalker342 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3090 FTW3
    I hate to say this but I would take the 5700LE ove the 4200. He got an upgrade so you can't really complain about that. I have the BFG 6800 Ultra OC that comes with the water cooler, I bought it on the release day. I have had to RMA it twice, once because it wouldn't run stable, the second time because the water block leaked and shorted out the card. Each time it took about a week for them to receive it, test it, and ship out a new one, so I can't complain at all about the RMA service. I've had my current one in my system now for about 6 months, no problems at all. I personally would say my worst experience was with PNY and their memory. I had a stick of 512 DDR 400 which I had for about 3 months and started getting errors with. I got a RMA for it and was told I needed to send in the original receipt for it. I did, and got it back about 3 weeks later saying they did not receive the receipt. I called them and told them I sent it in, and that all I had was a photo copy of the original I took before sending it out, and they said that wouldnt work, and denied my claim. I now use Geil, and have had no issues with their memory at all.

13. rought

rought Master Guru

GPU:
    twin XFX 6800GT sli
    I had a BFG 5950ultra go bad.. I sent it back on an RMA.. got back another bad card.. sent it back to get another bad card..this went on for 4 months and 5 bad cards they sent me one after another… after I raised hell . the manager was finally available.. and they sent me a working used card.. the card never clocked even close to what my original card did but it worked.. there RMA service is ****..

14. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB

15. rought

rought Master Guru

GPU:
    twin XFX 6800GT sli
    Hahah… that’s genius

16. pitydafoo

pitydafoo Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750 Ti 4GB
    I can absolutely complain about the first one they sent. It lost DVI. As for the 5700LE in general, I don't consider it an upgrade, since it uses slower ram, so it performas too poorly to use any of the new features it supports.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2005