Asus Live Update error , NT service registry error ?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Marri, Oct 13, 2005.

1. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC

This might be a fix, it worked for me. Well, really not a fix, it turned out that I had not set a setting in CMOS correctly. After flashing my MB to 1009-004 version, I had not reset the Init Display First setting to PCI-E. Default is PCI. Once I set that I had no trouble with Asus auto updater, SI selector, Boost......

That location is CMOS>Advanced>PCIPnP>Init Display First>set to PCI-E

That location is on an A8NSLI Premium MB

Hope it solves your problem

2. ragtag

ragtag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    Mine is set to PCI-E and i still have the problem.
    The problem also occured after installing audigy 2 beta driver.

3. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC

I got a simular problem after installing audigy 2 beta drivers also. SoundBlaster started telling me I didn't have a creative sound card when checking for updated audigy 2 drivers with their autoupdater. The online website where they scan your computer to see if you have the latest updates. On that one, I finally uninstalled the whole creative installment and reinstalled to get things back to normal.

With the Asus problem, I would double check all the cmos settings since everything is set back to default settings when you flash to a new bios version, or an older one too. My MB has the Asus CrashFree BIOS 2 utility on the MB cd that will put the original BIOS it came with (in my case 1006) back. I used that before I figured out I missed a setting. I just believe it has to be cmos giving out misinformation due to a setting not being correct.

4. hoop

hoop Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    same here dude:(

5. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    thanks for the effort but mine's already set to that...
    and i still have the problem..

6. rapier

rapier Member Guru

GPU:
    Two xfx 7950 GX2 SLI Mode
    The Error has disappeared! But - can not find the new BIOS files.

Just have to use the latest version of the Updater Tool 6.10.02.
    to have the error disappear. You will find that at this link
    You will arrive at the download page by double clicking the 6.10.02 Tool, patience, it takes about 30 sec to load.

Now the glitch is, the new updater tool recognises the motherboard but does not find any BIOS files at the various ftp neither at
    ftp.asus.com, nor
    ftp.asus.com.tw, nor at
    ftp.asus.de

any comments?

7. ragtag

ragtag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    I cant install 6.10.02. NT Registry error and it aborts installation.

8. hoop

hoop Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    i get the same message.

9. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC

I'm using ASUSUpdater V6.07.01, but they should basically be the same. First, you can download the bios you want to update to and unzip it in say 'My Documents'. Now launch updater and click the menu dropdown button (where it says 'Update BIOS from the Internet' and select 'Update BIOS from a file'. Then navigate to where you unzipped it and select it.

Good Luck

10. rapier

rapier Member Guru

GPU:
    @ JaxMacFL
    You know that is the best advice for month? I had never looked into these options (to update from a file) I always updated from the net using the ASUS Updater.
    Thank you very much JaxMacFL, that solves my problem ;)

BTW what BIOS are you running for the A8N SLI Premium? In the ASUS BIOS-list it says that one has to have installed the Chipset driver nForce 6.65 minimum in order to coope flawlessly with 1008 or 1009. But as there is no 6.65, at least I do not find it.
    I sure would like to update to 1009 though.

11. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4090 OC
    Glad I could help, rapier. I'm using nforce4 AMD edition 6.70 for chipset, which you can download from guru3d. As for the MB bios, I flashed to 1009-004 (got it from Asus USA) with no problems as of yet. All my games I play run great (gtasa, nfshp2, tiger woods 2006, farcry, myst V). Running 81.87 video drivers. No problems there either (knock on wood).

Game on!

Oh, by the way; to update the IDE drivers, I copied everything in the sataraid folder and the SMBus folder to a floppy (C:\NVIDIA\nForceWin2KXP\6.70\SMBus and C:\NVIDIA\nForceWin2KXP\6.70\IDE\WinXP\sataraid) since I run sata raid 0 on my rig. Then I put my WindowsXP Pro cd in as if I were going to install it. When it ask if I had any controllers that needed to be installed first, press F6 now, do it. Later while preloading files it will ask you again, press 'y' (I think) then it will ask for the floppy. In my case I had two updates (though it will read required on the screen since it thinks we are installing on a new hard drive) and pressed 'y' a second time. After that, let windows continue on with the preload and just exit out when it ask where you want to install windows.

12. hoop

hoop Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    i tried to flash my bios with alt f2 and soon as i do it i get an error message.something about my HDD or someting like that,so i cant even flash my bios

13. rapier

rapier Member Guru

GPU:
    Just great, JaxMacFL, and it worked too!
    BIOS 1009 is installed and running.
    I had the chipset driver, quoted below, installed
    and that was plenty. Reading the instructions of the BIOS 1009 again carefully, I found, that the stated requirement "Driver 6.65" was meant as a minimum. I was meeting those requirements with the 6.82 easily. :)

Thanks again JaxMacFL

Edit: Typos

14. ragtag

ragtag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    This is going way off topic!

15. rapier

rapier Member Guru

GPU:
    Negative, ragtag!
    We have the initial issue
    solved and are talking about secondary implications.

16. ragtag

ragtag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    It isn't solved!

17. hoop

hoop Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    same here,hell i cant even flash my bios.

ps. can someone tell me the best methed in uninstalling your Nforce4 chipset?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  18. rapier

rapier Member Guru

GPU:
    And this does not go off topic at all:)
    1. "my chipset" will not be uninstalled
    2. do you really mean to take the (your) chip off your motherboard - don´t, you will damage the board
    3. to uninstall the chipset driver - you don´t, just install the new one over and on top of it
    4. you mean to take the current BIOS off the CMOS? Use ASUS updater progi, it offers that feature.

If you are clear short and concise in your questions, you will get a precise answer. If people have to do some guessing what you really mean, the answers take a while longer. :)

BTW: Are questions and answers still off topic? ;)

19. hoop

hoop Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
    sorry,i meant chipset driver's.i thoguht they had to be uninstalled before installing new one's.

20. rapier

rapier Member Guru

GPU:
    np Hoop!
    ;)