File Patches in the next releases?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by REGENERATI0N, Oct 27, 2005.

1. REGENERATI0N

REGENERATI0N Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    I’m thinking to add some patched versions of the driver files in the next releases. It can help a lot. But some applications like: Punk Buster, Cheating-Death and Similar tools may block it. I’ve already tried to contact them to clear it up. But they refused to cooperate with us. I thought maybe we should send him straight to hell and go for it.

There are a lot of benefits doing it; for example: Big Performance/Quality improvement for all products. I could fix NVIDIA bugs and maybe add new features. And the best part is that people won’t be able to copy it! So what is your opinion about this subject?

2. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

maybe get a job at nvidia instead and do thier job for them ;)

3. REGENERATI0N

REGENERATI0N Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    I don’t like working for someone. I have some problems with "authorities".

4. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

can i join your club :p

5. TheRealZepher

TheRealZepher Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    REGENERATI0N, what exactly will the patches do?

I am very familiar with Cheating-Death (I wrote the readme file included in its release) and know the CD development team quite well. As long as the modified drivers don't patch any API's or inject anything into memory space there should not be a problem. Punkbuster might be a bit different due to the signture methods it uses, but I would be surprised if even that caused problems.

In the past modified drivers did cause problems with CD but there have been changes in its methods which means it is now quite forgiving in regards to gfx drivers. The only drivers that cause problems are certain 'special' manufactures modified drivers which have API hooking features to show On Screen Displays like fraps does.

So on that note, if your not doing any of these things mentioned I'd say go for it. From a users point of view I would also say go for it, any thing which dramatically improves the drivers can only be a plus.

6. REGENERATI0N

REGENERATI0N Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    About a year ago, I made few changes to the ATI OpenGL driver and UnitedAdmins blocked it. I contacted them via IRC and they said: "official only". I'm sick and tired of being limited like that, maybe I will add some AntiCD tool, to show them what I'm capable to do.

7. TheRealZepher

TheRealZepher Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    To be completely honest with you, I really doubt it will be a issue. UA is in a state of disarray atm, most of the CD team have quit and there might not be a new CD for a very long time....if ever. So I don't think you will have a issue.

If I can help with testing or by speaking to the CD team just let me know, but I would try to avoid making a "AntiCD tool" or you are likely to cause problems for yourself. If it is deemed your drivers are being "anti-anticheat" then ALL anti-cheat developers will start adding detections for your drivers. That would cause problems for a lot of users of online games if the likes of VAC2 and/or punkbuster put a lockdown on your drivers.

If you want to show people how good you are, why not help in development of anticheat software. I know a few dev teams looking for experienced members.

8. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

if anyone can do it, you can bro!

9. REGENERATI0N

REGENERATI0N Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    I have few contacts in Valve so it won't be a problem. Punk Buster on the other hand, I believe after they will get big amount of emails they will unblock it for sure. I would like to help with AntiCheat software but currently I have tons of reviews to write and I’m out of time.

10. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

id like to know how regen changing the driver would be any different to nvidia doing the changes when it comes to anticheats and stuff like that...

11. TheRealZepher

TheRealZepher Guest

GPU:
    GTX 3080
    Yeah the evenbalance are not the most helpful people in my experience. My offer still stands though, if you need help testing with CD then give me a shout, I use it every day on my game server.

And if you ever find the time to help on anticheat please give me a shout, I'm sure you'd be a great asset to any dev team. :)

Edit: @ HLH, your question is pretty much answered in my 1st post. As long as he isnt hooking or injecting, it shouldn't be a problem at all. CD used to check for 'official' drivers due to cheat coders using a patched nvidia dll to create transparant walls but the methods have changed now so it should no longer be a issue.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2005
  12. Nel

Nel Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT
    I think that if those patched versions of the driver files improve in any way your drivers then you're already wasting your time here ;). At worst you can make two versions, one with the modified files and one without them. :)

13. zenkmander

zenkmander Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7950
    If you can make drivers that offer such an enormous performance boost, you should do it. There are people out there who don't even play PunkBuster-based games, or multiplayer games at all for that matter. In any case, I'm really looking forward to this release.

14. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

hey zenk.. i think your sig pic is missing a word :p

15. Stop It

Stop It Guest

As long as you can safely say that any tweaking to the files wont get me VAC banned, tweak away, if not I would have to avoid them, good luck to you though.

16. zenkmander

zenkmander Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7950
    Thanks, HLH. I can't believe I haven't noticed that until now!

17. zenkmander

zenkmander Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon 7950
    Sig updated. Thanks again, HLH. ;)

18. CASH

CASH Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8600GT
    Please go ahead and do it i would love a big increase in both performance and quality just like everyone else here im pretty sure.

19. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I use a modified Steam client which make me a false VAC2 profil so I do not worry about I will be banned ever. (Yes, I can cheat but I will NEVER cheat. I only like this god feeling that I can do anything if I want...) I want to see a modified driver like this because I do not like you drivers. Sorry, but NGO drivers do not give me better performance than stock drivers or better IQ than DHzeropoint drivers (with same performance) and the best balanced drivers are DNA-Forces...

20. Tyanah

Tyanah Member

GPU:
    A350XT TDH [470-890]
    I just can't wait to test them because it's sound great :
    You may have a good knowledge of asm language ! :eek: