78.01 problems with nfsu2, feedback wanted

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by irs, Oct 14, 2005.

1. irs

irs Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800 GT G/S
    Hi there guys, just installed 78.01 and need for speed 2 underground dont work anymore. it crashes as soon as you select the car you want to drive with, i was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem and if any of you guys have managed to get around it.
    also had the same prob with anothe 77.xx driver b4.
    Thanks alot, and waiting for the feedback

2. simon23

simon23 New Member

Similar problem here, about 10 seconds after a new race starts nfsu2 hangs terribly. I think I'll try some beta drivers...

3. irs

irs Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800 GT G/S
    Ok well that makes the two of us, does anyone have any solutions apart from trying different drivers, I reckon if it is a bug in the driver then Nvidia is definately getting sloppy with there programming,considering that it is a WHQL driver,and those drivers even have profiles for NFSU2

4. simon23

simon23 New Member

I've installed 81.85 now and NFSU2 works again. Well, at least after some troubleshooting.

I had two monitors connected to my GF 6800 AGP and after the reboot I got a blue screen about the drivers being in an infinite loop. Long story short: I had a GF FX 5200 PCI lying around, put it into my PC so each monitor had its own graphic adapter and then it worked.

(With the old drivers (7?.??) I had exactly the oposite problem, I got a bluescreen when I had 2 graphic adapters in my system, but having both monitors connected to one worked fine.)