F.E.A.R - Retail has been released!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Saeid, Oct 16, 2005.

1. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    ok i just freaking about had a heart attack when i was crawling hrough a tunnel in game and that dang girl came crawling past my feet

2. btdvox

btdvox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 690 - +135%/+100/+200
    I get an avg of 59 and low of 33 and high of 111 on 1280- 0X aa, 16 X af, I think the X 850 XT does the same FPS as the 6800 Ultra as long as soft shadows on both cards are turned off, game pushes limits pretty far if you want it to look pretty, i cant play games on 1024 nemore, makes me cry

3. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    ...might have to be purchased

4. Darkoz

Darkoz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA xXx 675/2.3GHz
    For those of us who have bought the game and find it annoying having to use the disk to play, the No CD crack is now available (Quake 4 also)

5. X-Todd

X-Todd Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256 MB
    man i wish i got that on my 9800XT. ive running 1024x768, volumetric lights off, soft shadows off, shaders on medium, most details are set to medium. i have like water effects at max, but still looks less cause of the shaders at medium.
    i get around 29 FPS average running that test.
    thats how im playing the game now. if i got 60 man id go nutz :)
    oh this is the retail version as well

6. btdvox

btdvox Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 690 - +135%/+100/+200
    ok a 9800xt might get a 60 fps avg, if hes playing at Minimum at 640 lol

7. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    I have played it for about 30min now. Its extremely repetitive. And that would be ok, given the way the game looks. Its really nice. But...the performance hit sux. I have what most would consider a fairly beefy rig. I like to max out detail with a little AA and AF thrown in. But hell, in order to keep the fps up where I like it all the time (45+) at max detail, I have to set it at 1024x768. That sux. Havent had to see 1024x768 in a longgggggg time. Sloppy programming imo. Still, it looks incredible.

8. uploader

uploader Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    I totally agree. In order to keep it playable, even with my single GTX, i have to play at 1024/768. And i dont like that resolution. I mean wtf, a high end card cant even handle proper fps at 1280/960?? Pff. Oh well, i stop complaining and play that awesome game. It is an awesome game, thats 4 sure!!

9. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti
    This is an auwsome game, yet one of the worst coded.

I still love it to bits!!!

10. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    That sux really bad bud. Especially since 7800GTX's are smokin' fast. I dont get it.

11. uploader

uploader Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTX
    Me neither buddy. Ok, maybe 1280/960 with no AA is playable, but i like the AA. The performance hit when enabeling AA is just to big imo. I hope this is not Nvidia 7800GTX related, because when it is, im really consider looking at some x1800XT benches with FEAR:rolleyes:

12. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    to all who own an nvidia just wait intill the official 81.xx drivers are released, they should provide great performance increase especially with the 7800 series cards, the increase in FEAR from 81.84 to 81.95 is about 30+ frames average...so im impatienlty waiting for those darn drivers, this game is awsome and is preety much smooth all the time for me, but sometimes in some heavy lighting and shading areas it slows down, dont see a reason why, not like we havnt seen these features in any other game running 60+ frames, especially with a system like mine that costs near 5 thousand dollors....geezzzzzz

13. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:

I agree, I get slow downs too when lots of light rays shine through or just randomly sometimes. We have all seem these effects.

Dynamic lights and shadow - Doom3

Tons of particles - Max Payne

Lots of Baddies - Painkiller

High res textures - FAR CRY

These effects have been used before, I do not know why all these performance problems are here. But besides that, the game looks, plays, and IS great.

The scary moments freak me the hell out in my 5.1

GREAT GAME but needed a BIT more time with the optimization process. I still give it an A.

14. timbo1138

timbo1138 Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 8800GT 320MB OC
    Totally. I like that kind of scary much better, anyway. The scariest parts of this game are when you walk into a room, fully expecting something to happen...and nothing does. I can't quite explain it, but it creeps the hell out of you. The ambient noise and music just get under your skin and all too soon you're jumping at your own shadow.

I'm running the game on a single 7800GTX, and it runs great at 1280x960, 4xAA 8xAF with everything maxed except for soft shadows, which are a killer. I bumped it back down to 1152x864 just to get a few extra frames, but you barely notice any difference. I didn't run the stress test, but the game is completely playable at those settings, which are cranked a fair way up from the defaults. This is the game I bought my new system for, and I haven't regretted it for a moment. Reckon I'm a bit past halfway through at the moment, and I'm having a ball of a time. Hats off to Monolith for a job well done.

15. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Im at Interval 5. It is getting really creapy now.

16. Lx3

Lx3 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800GT 256MB(ViewSonic P95f+SB)
    can any1 solve the "A required security module can not be activated. This program cannot be executed." issue when patched with 1.1?
    its irritating, i cant start the game even with compatibility mode on.

17. SHAD0W

SHAD0W Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan X (Maxwell)
    just finished f.e.a.r tonight and i must say it does get alot more impressive as you get deeper into the game and if you leave the credits to run till they finish you get a little and i do mean little bit of dialogue at the end
    great game had some issues with 81.84 drivers but once i moved onto 81.85 the game played really well

well done sierra/monolith great game

18. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Where the hell have I been? When did the game get released for retail sale guys? I was just at BestBuy the other week and it still wasn't available. Anyway that is great, I'll go get it tomorrow afternoon. The only drawback is, even though last year my system was fairly decent, I bet I won't even be able to play unless I disable just about everything and run it at 1024 x 768. Take it easy!

19. X-Todd

X-Todd Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256 MB
    game was released oct 18th.

20. krisha

krisha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTS250 512 mb
    god i hate those flying laser boots - arghh