6600 gt contest in 3dmatk05

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by minnah-bopeludo, Apr 10, 2005.

1. fuzzywuzzy

fuzzywuzzy Member

how many watts is your psu? also i forgot if i asked but what sort of cooling do u have on your gpu?

2. MC1

MC1 Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 6600GT
    I have a 300watt PSU and I have an extra vantec slot(fancard) cooler direct under my card. It has 2 fans that does 4000rpm. My idle is 55 and load Never reaches 70.

3. Snowski

Snowski Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 8800GT 660/1650/1900
    Nevermind :O

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  4. fuzzywuzzy

fuzzywuzzy Member

so u have stock cooling and you reached 630/1350, people with water cooling have a hard time gettings that high. what brand is your card?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2005

5. MC1

MC1 Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 6600GT
    I said I have a Vantec(sorry its a Vantec not fantec) fancard just under the card that helps with cooling. Like I said it has 2 fans on the card doing 4000rpm blowing right onto my card. I have a Gigabyte 6600GT turbo edition. The model name is NX66T128VP.

6. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    you can get that high with some VMs and bios configs

7. fuzzywuzzy

fuzzywuzzy Member

wow its the heatpipe version rofl, 630/1350 please, you would be artifacting like a mofo.

8. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    i think thats y he has an pci cooler under it....

hes been trying to explain that for a while.....

9. MC1

MC1 Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 6600GT
    Thanks alot for that snip3r_3

Some people just cant read. I got the pci cooler to cool the card, because it was artifacting and getting to warm. Now I dont have to worry about anyone of that problems.

Snip3r_3
    How is it going on the 4500 project?

10. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    yea no prob :D i understand these situations

now that mi card is cool... my northbridge is overheating on heavy ocs... :(

11. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    yes and i mean you should be running a score between 4500 to 4700 with your card overclocks in other words your score is to low for the settings you are running, the card is overheating so you need to get a grip on that and stop it when you do you should run a fairly good score, not as easy as it looks is it :)

np's snip ;)

12. fuzzywuzzy

fuzzywuzzy Member

i know u have a pci cooling fan. mabye u need to read my post again. i didnt not say u dont have a a pci fan blowing on it did I? i said it was the heatpipe version, and with those clocks you would get artifacts.

13. MC1

MC1 Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 6600GT
    Without the pci fan I get artifacts. You know i have the heatpipe version that has higher clocks and can overclock much higher before artifacting. My defualt clocks are 550 and 1175. The extra power the card gives really helps me.

This what you said
    wow its the heatpipe version rofl, 630/1350 please, you would be artifacting like a mofo

If your card is cool you can overclock it higher so it does not mean that I get artifacts with those speeds. The perfect example is phrozin. His cards are cool and that is why he can clock his card so high.

14. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    The stock 3d clocks for the gigabyte vp card or turbo ed are 520/1120 the stock heat sink on my giga's ran up to 113deg artefact their ass off even with a 90mm 6k vantec tornado pointed at them!
    I took them to 670/1325 (giga's) running them on water (running alcohol)and vmoded to 1.920volts there is no way in hell you will get them to 630/1350 with the stock cooler even my leadteks ex cards haft to run water but both have top notch cores stock clocks on them are 550/1160. but easy go 680/1350 un moded except for water

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  15. MC1

MC1 Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 6600GT
    With the extra pci fancard under the card I start artifacting at anything higher than that. In my bios of my motherboard there is an option to switch between normal and turbo for my card(pci-express slot) and it is on turbo. Since I changed that the defualt clocks are 550 and 1175. Try to put a fancard with 2 fans right next to each other that is doing 4000 rpm each and look and see if it artifacts with 630 and 1350.

16. fuzzywuzzy

fuzzywuzzy Member

you can put all the fans in the world directly under your card, but there is no way it would run stable, the thing i hate most about 3dmark benchmarks are that they dont have an artifact tester built in, and that they dont have a LOD senser. I mean sure i can put my memory to 1350mhz with the zalman hsf fan blowing down on the ram sinks and 4 fans blowing on it but it wont be stable, also the little black specs are sometimes hard to see so everything may look fine but you have to look very close at the image to look for anything that shouldnt be there. ill wait to see your ORB before I break 4700.

17. MC1

MC1 Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE 6600GT
    Have it your way. Look I know you dont believe me but some cards are more stable than other with the same clocks even if they are the same model. Mine is the one that is stable on those clocks so I am the lucky one that has a stable card on those clocks. Post my orb asap.

18. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    MC1 where do u live... ??..

cuz it should be very cold whereever u are....

19. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
  20. snip3r_3

snip3r_3 Guest

GPU:
    hm...

phrozin u grumpy ol fart :p

post ur specs now :)

i think even thou 05 is shader intensive, i think y mi score is lower is cuz of u guys got athlons n i got the lowly p4 :(