Cat 5.10 Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by vapor matt, Oct 12, 2005.

1. vapor matt

vapor matt Member

GPU:
    X1800XT
    Cat 5.10 out now!

2. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Uh link would be nice ya know!!!!!

3. FezDemon

FezDemon Member

GPU:
    EVGA nVidia 8800GT 512MB
  4. Darrin

Darrin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PX7800GTX @ 450/1250
    SWEET :) Thx for the heads up .

D/L now. Will post back with results .

5. MrIbra

MrIbra Guest

GPU:
    XFX HD 7770 1GB
    Sweet! :)

6. Mv740

Mv740 Guest

GPU:
    580 GTX SLI
    nice1!!!

7. Mv740

Mv740 Guest

GPU:
    580 GTX SLI
    Issues Resolved in Catalyst™ Software Suite 5.10
    The following section provides a summary of the issues that have been resolved in the latest version of Catalyst™. These include:

3Dmark03: Setting the display resolution to 1024x768 32bbp and having Anti-Aliasing set to 6x no longer results in Windows crashing when running 3Dmark03 Mother Nature test
    Dungeon Siege 2: The cursor image is now displayed properly when playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI Radeon® X800 series installed
    Graphedit: Watching and listening to audio/video using the composite input found on the ATI Radeon® X300/X600 no longer results in the left and right audio being swapped
    Max Payne 2: Erratic mouse pointer behavior is no longer noticed within the game's menu after a short time period of game play
    Pacific Fighters: Setting the display device to 1024x768 32bpp and enabling Anti-Aliasing to 6x no longer results in display corruption being noticed within the game
    Prince of Persia: Sands of Time: Attempting to launch the game under Windows with an ATI Radeon® X800 XL installed no longer results in an error message being displayed
    Silent Hunter 3: Enabling all video options within the game and setting the particle density to 100, along with setting Anti-Aliasing to 6X and Anisotropic Filtering to 16x, no longer results in display corruption on the left portion of the display
    Stronghold 2: Attempting to launch the game under Windows XP Professional x64 edition no longer results in the game failing to load and the operating system rebooting itself
    The German language control panel text no longer appears truncated when using 96 DPI
    Overlay Theater Mode no longer fails to be applied on the secondary display device when using extended desktop mode
    Catalyst™ Control Center: Entering the Adjustments page and deselecting the option to Let the Application Decide no longer results in the Hue value not changing when moving the slider bar
    Connecting two display devices to the ATI Radeon® X300/X600 no longer results in the Overlay Theater Mode failing to be applied to the primary display device
    Attempting to toggle between the CRT and TV using ALT+F5 shortcut no longer fails
    The red/blue components are no longer intermittently swapped when rendering images with OpenGL based Java 2D pipeline
    IBM DFP BN68-30012B-06: Connecting the display device to an ATI Radeon® X300/X600 no longer results in display corruption being noticed after the installation of the ATI display driver
    The ATI Radeon® X850 Pro is now properly identified in the Display Properties
    Attempting to enabling clone mode under Windows XP MCE while watching TV in a windowed mode no longer results in the operating system crashing
    Using a PAL version of the Microsoft operating system (XP, or XP MCE) no longer results in the region being switched from PAL to NTSC when clicking the video list found in the tuner tab of the TV function of the ATI MMC
    The FM seek function found in the ATI MMC no longer operates the same as the tune function when using an ATI All-in-Wonder X800 (PAL) under the Windows XP MCE operating system

8. nofool

nofool Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 Superclocked
    Prolly need to get off my la-z butt and load 'em up and check 'em out, but I've been so happy with the 5.9's -- can anybody tell us whether you're gettin' better graphic quality or better frame rates?

Once again, none of the fixes that they list is in anything I use or play. The Cat's are just so uniformly and consistently good that unless there's a big boost in frame rates or something, I'm content to hang with what I've got.

Sorry to be such a slug.

9. Alex.StunT

Alex.StunT Member

GPU:
    sapphire X800XTPE @580-600
    5.10's are just as solid in the games i play as 5.9's(source engine games, unreal engine games and BF2), they did seem to run brothers in arms-earned in blood alot more smoothly.

No noticeable increase/decrease in framrerate or drop in IQ.

:) but hey what do i know i drink alot:D

10. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850

LOL.
    I just bought a x800 and for now i´m staiyng with the 5.9. But post benchmarks.

11. Web junkie

Web junkie Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire X850 XT + Catalyst 5.11
    Released just before Serious Sam II as well, wonder if that's just a coincidence?

5.10 running OK for me, CS:S, Vice City, FarCry run no better/worse than with 5.9

12. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    with this verison 5.10 i can run half life 2 now and fable with no frezze. 5.8 was the best for me but i try 5.9 but i got frezze on my 9600 se card but 5.10 fix that.

13. Darrin

Darrin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PX7800GTX @ 450/1250
    Meh, I dont bother with 3D mark anymore as its all comercial now and gives absolutly 100% no indication what so ever of REAL TIME IN GAME PERFORMANCE. Anyone with half a brain would have figured this out by now :rolleyes:

I still cant beleave that so many so called gurus even bother with it anymore.

Ok, here is a fact. SLI scores are just Amazing but then run F.E.A.R or call of duty 2 at 100% max detail and rez and it runs somewhat crappy. Who would of thought that a system that scores over 15k in 3d mark 2005 would run a game poorly, LOL.

Anyway, games runs the same, everything is the same.

ALL is good.

14. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    so like when is the catalyst gonna take advantage of the hidden PPU (physics engine) built into ATi cards???

ps. i saw the list of supported cards, and the X1k series werent mentioned at all?!?!?!

15. FA_KooK

FA_KooK Member

GPU:
    x850xtpe
    Good point Saheid. Anyone got the lowdown on that?

16. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    true, however you seem to be forgetting one thing. people aint measuring real time in game performance here but driver performance, using 3Dmark applications for testing new driver performance isnt really exact science if you ask me but if you always run the program with same methods and settings you'll be able to get some idea wether the new driver release has gone better or worse from the previous ones. ofcourse game testing should not be forgotten and people should always do a few game tests by playing segments of their favorite games, games that they know how they have been performing on their PC and then see if the games perform in the same way or better or worse.

17. Cynips

Cynips Active Member

GPU:
    Visiontek Xstasy RADEON X800 Pro
    Seems to me that ATI can't squeeze much more out of these drivers.

AquaMark3 N/A
    3DMark05 4811
    Doom 3 58.4
    CSS StressTest 83.02

AquaMark3 64,458
    3DMark05 4857
    Doom 3 58.4
    CSS StressTest 82.79

AquaMark3 64,458
    3DMark05 4868
    Doom 3 58.4
    CSS StressTest 80.28

Note, however, that CSS StressTests are run with the engine version at the respective time of driver release and might therefore not be directly comparable.

18. 1bit

1bit Active Member

GPU:
    7970 / Samsung SA27950D
    I just installed these over my dna cat 5.9s and fired up black and white 2, performance i have to say is much worse so im rolling back.

Specific things i noticed included jaggedness on all edges which never occured with 5.9s with no AA ( i guess that was AAA working must have been disabled in 5.10), and the fact it froze every few seconds when zoomed out and panning across the world.

I rolled back and realised i was seeing the same thing, i then noticed resolution had switched to 1024x768 as soon as i switched to 1280x1024 all problems went away, might be the same for 5.10s ill try later.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  19. Kow

Kow Maha Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 5850
    Im done with upgrading the drivers for my ATI Radeon 9700 AIW, I don't see any performance increase, and in fact the 5.9's ran pretty crappy for me in HL2. And, I don't see why ATI would be doing driver upgrades for the older cards anymore anyways, which sadly for I think my 9700 Pro is leaning more into the "older cards" category.

20. Burns

Burns Member

GPU:
    Evga Nvidia 7900 GT/KO
    I've got a 9800Pro so Im there's anyone here who plays DoW:WA or RTW, wonderin if someone could check out these drivers. Im still using 5.6s because of problems with later drivers (but i kind of want to update for newer games).