ForceWare 81.82 available for download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ssohn, Oct 1, 2005.

1. TeaEtchSee

TeaEtchSee Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7950gt (Winfast a400gt RIP)
    in GUILD WARS, the textures in the ground are error...blocky...but good performance :)

for some reason, this driver changes resolution and screen temp randomly.

back to 77.77

2. butterwaach

butterwaach Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    anyone noticed the monitor specific tab in the driver cp? you can control the monitor without the hardware buttons on the monitor? but i didnt test those settings :D

3. Dr@Home

Dr@Home Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570
    I was messing with them eariler after getting them at nVnews. They are a keeper for sure making a big difference in high resolutions. (see my post at nVnews)

:D

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Thanks m8, glad u like it! Im pretty please with it myself :p

He cant, if you read through the whole thread u will see Hilbert posted saying he's not going to mirror them yet because he's under NDA until sometime next week with them, so u r just gonna have to put up with the large DL, or wait im afraid!

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005

5. WR-HW95

WR-HW95 Guest

GPU:
    GB Aorus 1080Ti SLI
    These arent good drivers for me. :(

In fear i got same fps as with 78.11,but in 3dmark01 i got 1300p less and in 3dmark03 1200p less.
    I´ll keep these anyway if vivo will work.

6. GSB

GSB Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 650
    Well just to mention this, so far with my BF2 issue it's NOT these drivers or overclock-it's a EA issue.........................again.

Man, I dunno how you BF2 people do it, I bought that game thinking it was going to be fun and it's been anything BUT since.

edit: not to get off topic but after checking this driver wasn't the culprit I went to Google because I couldn't uninstall the game for some reason. Seems when you uninstall any of EA's games it messes with the others. So I had to go and reenter my CD key than I was able to make it in a server. However, lol, the screen freezes when I get to the spawn screen so I alt F4ed out and restarted and then came across my settings screen.....

[​IMG]

LMAO, they all are blank now....

I don't understand how EA continually is allowed to release what amounts to BETA software. It boggles my mind. *End of rant* :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2005
  7. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    OK, here are the benches I ran. FC and Doom 3, I ran twice and averaged. Benchmarks, I don't care as much about, so I only ran them once to get a general idea. GFX card clocked at 410/1150 with FW off, driver settings at default, highest quality settings checked in-game:

FarCry - 1280x1024, 4xAA, 16xAF, HDR level 7
    78.03 - 29.33 fps *
    81.82 - 28.74 fps

Doom 3 - 1280x1024, 4xAA, 8xAF, Ultra Quality
    78.03 - 56.8
    81.82 - 57.5 *

3DMark2001SE:
    78.03 - 23977
    81.82 - 24088 *

3DMark03:
    78.03 - 12970
    81.82 - 13038 *

3DMark05:
    78.03 - 5606
    81.82 - 5664 *

Aquamark 3:
    78.03 - 68,386 *
    81.82 - 67,954

So performance increases in everything here except FC and Aquamark 3, and both of those are within the margin of error.

8. kapster

kapster Member

GPU:
    evga 6800 ultra (425/1200)
    ground textures in Guild Wars are not displaying properly.

In Savage i got wierd light shows in the grass in some areas.

CS:S vst went up about 3 fps for me.

Get out the bugs and i will keep them. Back to 78.05 for me

9. wrathofgod

wrathofgod Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 8800 GTX @ 660/1100
    So far I'm lovin these drivers. Same IQ, if not better than, 77.77HD (by you know who). All games run smoother so far and BF2 beginning stutter seems to be gone! Tested HL2 & BF2 so far. Off to test F.E.A.R. =]

10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    A friend of mine has exactly the same problem as this, except it freezes his whole comp and he has to reboot. Its really odd, cos it worked for a while, and then started doing this. We cant work out what it is.

Ive never had a problem with the game myself, it runs great, although i did have the EAX crash to desktop bug to start with, but thats been fixed either with the patch or creatives latest drivers, cant remember which.

11. BullaSorsa

BullaSorsa Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7900GS
    Great drivers for performance and image quality...but but...there's couple issues im having with these drivers..

1. Cs:source not working at all...automaticly reboot during loading (windowed mode not tested yet)
    2. Sometimes these try rise refresh rate too high in couple games....monitor says "out of range"

Tested with Brothers in arms: earned in blood, Wow, Fear MP demo, syberia 2, Myst IV and call of duty 2 demo and in those games these drivers rocks

Hope those silly bugs are fixed in next drivers....

12. Voc_Darkrush_NL

Voc_Darkrush_NL Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 6800GT
    Strange, where should I find the new NV Control Pannel??? If I go to Start --> Config screen --> monitor --> settings --> advanced settings --> geforce 6800GT i find the old Control Pannel????????????

13. SAG

SAG Active Member

GPU:
    R9 270 @1050/1400
    The new CPanel is hiding at c:\windows\system32

The file is: nvcplui.exe

Regards

14. Princess_Frosty

Princess_Frosty Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX580 Twin Frozr II
    Theres 2 bugs which have been plauging Nvidia drivers recently which they appear to have made no attempt to fix and are quite frankly GETTING ON MY NERVES NOW.

1) Bug where screen re-sizes to really low res and turns really bright when you launch an application that uses screen overlay, usualy a video on something like Windows Media Player WHILE running java applications such like Azureus.

2) Custom COLOUR profiles which allow driver adjustments of the brightness/contrast etc are NOT correctly rememberd in custom game profiles after a restart.

My monitor displays things a little too dark even at max brightness so i like to stick the "desktop" brightness up in my game profiles (since overlay doesn't work for all games) But I don't want it set all the time because it makes the desktop overbright.

Can anyone confirm these bugs are gone, if not Im not even going to bother with these drivers - these bugs have been around for TOO LONG ALREADY, get it sorted Nvidia.

15. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    The new control panel works for me, but i don't like it though. Too much Window'ish. :(;)

16. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    Damn! Now I have to sacrifice and download it! :D

17. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    I do have one CS:S issue with these drivers, my fav server is a 38 player server with "2" reserved slots, if I join and hit one of those reserved slots or the server is full it sends me back to the desktop instead of saying the servers full.

Very annoying, but the FEAR MP Demo is so good with these I won't be uninstalling them.

18. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    anyone getting this wierd mouse cursor bug, where stays at the hour glass or the line when u go to type, but when u right click it goes away, a wierd mouse pointer bug, anyone else????

19. The Fallen

The Fallen Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB
    I got no temp bug and my source games run fine so far, good drivers

20. Abilio_KID

Abilio_KID Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Armor OC
    [OT]Princess_Frosty from the Atari forums? Didn't I play with you some time ago?[/OT]