Aquamark 3 scores!!!...

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by AJ²06, Jul 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dwwalker14335

dwwalker14335 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x BFG 7800 GTX OC Water Cooled
    I'll take you up on that race to 100K. But, no time until Wednesday night. So, we shall see if I can get a little more out of the old system. ;)

2. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    aquamark3 score

My score under default setting:

I also posted some new thread under benchmark mayhem. take a look under vana'diel bench 2&3 and others. theres also a poll of which one u used the most when it comes to benchmarking. please cast ur vote and also post some vana'diel bench 2&3 scores if possible. thank you

3. Pitty187

Pitty187 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gayward 78GTX | 567-1420 | LL | WC
    With Yours this will be an fair and nice race - we'll try it... :)

My last test was on Sunday and I test memtest & could boot up with 10x280 @ 2,5-3-3-6-1 - but all other benchs stops while loading... Maybe I've to check all Timings and try losser ones or give CPU what it will have: more vD... :D Also mußt test the first Ram-divid with atm Timings... Thats a lot of work to find out if it goes or if not and my CPU is @ their end...

[​IMG]

But we will see whats going on with our Systems - my IHS is now removed and my last sweet boost will be your GPU-BiosTip... ;) I hope to bring out some news of mine until WE...

4. xtatdsm

xtatdsm Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580

I guess I am the closest to the 100k huh :p and by the way, that was with my GPU at 499/1.33. I am sure I can get a bit more with some teaking I guess. by the way, I got close to 4K by just getting better momery that what I had before.

oh man, I can see the 100k comming my way if I only Vmod my card to run higher OC, but I would really be pissed if I break that $$$$ tho.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005

5. dwwalker14335

GPU:
    Am3 really likes large caches. The FX beats the A64, and, the Intel chips rock on this bench with their 2 MB cache. nVidia is workingon an new multithreading driver that Ihave seen improve scores for dual core CPU's by almost 25K. So, 95K to 120K with a driver upgrade. Gotta' go dual core.

BTW, nice score. Your CPU is around 14, 400, a good 1200 points past mine.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005
  6. xtatdsm

xtatdsm Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    thanks dwwalker,

but what I don't understand is my CPU score is 1k+ more than yours, and my GPU is around 200 points above yours, but my overall score is only like 400 points more :rolleyes: how is that? could it be that AQ3 that I have is messed up? or this is just how it is?

7. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    How are you DW haven’t seen you for a wile m8, do you have more info on the driver thing I am about to upgrade this week end and I am tossing up between the fx-57 or the 4800 what’s your feeling on the 2? The only thing that puts me off the 4800 is the 12 multi. But 25k increase is quite a lot

I had a look on vr-zone review of the 81.26 but its hardly comprehensive any links better reviews
    :)

btw its a shame about aqua going under:(

Last edited: Sep 29, 2005
  8. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    So it seems like a grim idea to go buy an FX57 then....
    Since these dual cores are doing massively better with driver updates....

So in simple words a X2 4800 beats an FX57 big time that is if the drivers and game is multi threaded!!!

hMm...

i should have bought the 4800 when i had the chance....eRrr

9. BlackFeetNation

BlackFeetNation Guest

for unknown reasons with my cpu clocked as it was and i had two chaintech 66gts(585c 1.25m) i had 88k aquamark and with my new cards 2 msi 6800's(425c 850m) same cpu clock the highest i can get is 90k <--- is that right?
    i know i can play games 16xsli aa and 16xas just fine on dod:s with everything on high no hdr 1024*768 with a decent 85-40 in huge battle!
    doom3 i get 70fps timedemo
    but aquamark only 2fps higher?

hey also if i were to trade out my bros cpus (he has a newcastle 3500+) and oc'ed would i have higher benchies?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2005
  10. dwwalker14335

GPU:
    Here is a first hand experience:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1051907#post1051907

I read some other review on the German site Hardware OC (here is translated link). They compare all the driver versions on a dual core:

http://translate.google.com/transla...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=/language_tools

Busy with work as of late. So, have not been active for some time. It is too bad AM3 went under. It seemed to be the only benchmark that showed actual game performance. If you see a 20% increase in scores, you usually got around 20% in the games.

I am going for the x2 4800 myself. The multi is the weak link, but the new drivers from both nVidia and ATI will do wonders for performance. The single cores will go the way of AGP by next spring.

No, that is the norm for those clocks. The CPU and GPU score are not independent on this test. Increase the CPU score, and you get an increase in the GPU. Increasing the clocks on the GPU will improve the delta between the CPU and GPU. Yours is around 1500 and mine is 2100 with better clocks. And, remember, the score is about frame rates, and you have 500 more on the GPU score, which is in line with the AM3 result. The CPU score is informational, but very useful.

Also, without seeing the score details, it is hard to see what is going on. What was your peak, and your lowest frame rates? The Intel and AMD are slightly different on the memory side of things. DDR2 versus DDR. I have also heard from others that the latest 775 chips that the CPU score is bugged. They claim the CPU scores are a little higher than they should be.Who knows. They stopped development on AM3 quite a while back so it may not work very well with the latest hardware.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2005

11. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    Thanx dw very interesting indeed m8 :)

12. dwwalker14335

GPU:
    OK, looks like I am coming up short. Here is the best I can do.

[​IMG]

13. Pitty187

Pitty187 Member Guru

GPU:
    Really nice one - which GPU-driver u has used..? I'll try it this WE again... ;) So near @ 100k ...

14. dwwalker14335

GPU:
    The 78.03 has been the best one to date. The newer 78.05 is nicer to use in games, but slow on the benches.

15. Pitty187

Pitty187 Member Guru

GPU:
    Try the 81.26 or 81.82 - they'll boost up a little bit in AM³... ;)

But they're def. TRASH 4 Players and don't wonder when you'll see the AM³-Start-Screen - Arti's w/o end... :D

I think for me it's max reached - imo there s no chance to bench with 2,8ghz - the only way to catch the 100k... :(
    Maybe there's only a Timing which i've ignore - we'll see...

16. dwwalker14335

GPU:
    I donwloaded the 81.82's last night. Tried them out in games. They work very well. Have to try some benches later.

Need a new processor with a little more headroom. My has been maxing out at around 2.7 GHz. Looking for a dual core chip.

17. Pitty187

Pitty187 Member Guru

GPU:
    Me too - my CPU ends @ 2,77GHz, but atm: no money,no CPU... :( Maybe next month... So far i can say my NC is one of the best i've ever seen - but not good enough for me... ;)

18. NAJMI ADNAN

NAJMI ADNAN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TriX 4GB
    [​IMG]

Strange,my Sempron 1.8GHz get higher CPU score than my Pentium 4 3GHz

19. xtatdsm

xtatdsm Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    I am getting a bit closer to the 100k mark (we are talking sigle card with intel CPU here) :)

[​IMG]

20. Smokey21

Smokey21 Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.