DHzer0point 0.7803 Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by PoopyTheJ, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Nitebird

Nitebird Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS (unlocked)
    K, I tried these drivers out and in BF2 my frames went from 70-80 fps down to 40fps and at times 20fps.

Uninstalled, hopefully they'll be fixed soon because I'd like to try these drivers out at their full ability.
    Keep up the development.

2. kevinti2005

kevinti2005 Member Guru

GPU:
    X1950Pro 512MB AGP - Cat 7.11 + CCC
    After so many replies, again it confirmed to the fact that drivers performance is very much depends on one rig and games played!

3. Nitebird

Nitebird Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS (unlocked)
    I take it back, these drivers royally screwed my system up, and I can't delete the remains of them from the registry. Now I've got lag in BF2 no matter what drivers I try to install because everytime the system reboots AFTER I've used driver cleaner and NFR, it detects two versions of my 6600GT, the normal nvidia one and a DHzeropoint one, meaning the drivers aren't completely gone.
    *edited since I changed my system config*
    PS: my system is more than adequate to run BF2 with 2GB of 2.0-5-5-11 ram, 2.4GHz. It's _not_ my system, it's the drivers. BF2 ran just fine before these.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2005
  4. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    X1800XT Crossfire Edition
    Nitebird you did use driver cleaner pro in safe mode right? Check for updates I think there are some specific updates to grab some left over 78 series stuff
    that should get ir of all the tweaks, the issue with it being called DHzer0point after uninstalling and running DCPro we are investigating with spike DC Pro's author, on a fix for that.

5. Nitebird

Nitebird Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS (unlocked)
    Yes, I ran driver cleaner pro in safe mode, I have v1.1 build 17. Didn't know there was a newer one (1.2?)
    I edited my registry and thought I got all the driver references, but it still came up detecting it as the 'dhzer0point' when it detects hardware after rebooting.. after uninstalling and cleaning the drivers.
    I'll look for and try a newer version of cleaner pro and see what happens.

I reinstalled BF2 and cleared my cache numerous times (bf2) but to no avail so far, it's a real drag because my frame rate was great before and this is the only game I've been playing lately.

edit
    Nope, didn't fix it by updating to 1.2 of DC Pro.
    Still get the damn 'dhzer0point' detection crap and my fps in bf2 are still garbage, down to 15fps to 20fps most of the time. IT starts off at around 70-80fps, then drops when anything starts happening on the screen, arty, or helis, any action.
    It has *never* done this before with any other drivers.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2005
  6. massiliattak

massiliattak New Member

GPU:
    POV Geforce 6800 GT 256 MB AGP
    Hi,
    I"ve got a basic problem since I've installed these drivers, when I switch or extend to my TV, the TV screen stays in black & white. Is there anybody who have the same problem?

7. Nitebird

Nitebird Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS (unlocked)
    I fixed my frame rate problem, seems the zer0point drivers changed my AGP card to a PCI (??). It was lagging bad, I had to reinstall my Nvidia drivers (nforce) to get it to change back to AGP from PCI, and it's fine now. It's a pity really, I was looking forward to these after reading some user comments about them.

However, the fact still remains that when trying to install new drives of any kind or brand, the card is still being detected as a '6600 GT DHzer0point' it should only be detected as an NVIDIA card, drivers with an ego. I can't fix it, not impressed :(

Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

8. dmh165638

dmh165638 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX EGS
    I installed these for my Leadtek 6800GT running at 435/1180 and I had terrible lag issues. Uses DCPro and Regseeker to uninstall old drivers. Tried everything I could think of and no help. Went back to 77.62 from a Banned modder and no problems at all. Very disappointing because I have always preferred DHzer0point over anyone else. I am sure it is the 78.03's.

9. Nitebird

Nitebird Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS (unlocked)
    Just to clarify what I said earlier about these drivers changing my AGP to PCI, I should mention my sideband addressing was also disabled, which was enabled before I installed the dhzer0point drivers.
    Here's a pic of what I meant about the AGP/PCI change, post-fixed. I've marked an arrow here, where it says 8x (AGP) it was set to PCI after installing the DHzero0point drivers. I fixed it by reinstalling (it just re-updated/re-freshed) my Nforce drivers:

[​IMG]

I'm sharing this info, just in case anyone else runs into the same problems I've had with these drivers, hopefully not, it's a pain.

10. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    uninstall the video drivers.. run driver cleaner pro dont reboot yet... then go into your registry and under HKLM\Hardware\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video

if you expand the video key you should see a few entries that are random numbers and letters. if you expand them all you should see folders like 0000 and video correct? if you expand them there should only be 1 of the 0000 folders that you are able to expand. go to the parent folder and delete the entire key which the 0000 folder that is able to expand is in. Remember there should only be 1 expandable 0000 folder...

THEN reboot and u should be good..

11. Gimble

Gimble Active Member

GPU:
    Visiontek 4850
    what I did was after I unistalled them is that I let the hardware find the drivers for me and it located the dhzeropoint drivers and it should show where the remains are. Just copy the location and paste it in the search (all files and folders) then just delete what it finds, should be good after that.

12. Nomadik

Nomadik Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7800 GS KO
    I had the same problem with my card being detected as "DHzer0point" after uninstalling the drivers. Used Live Update from tools in DC Pro, ran it again and found 2 more references not detected before update. All is good now.

13. Nitebird

Nitebird Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS (unlocked)
    I've got X G drivers installed now and they work great.
    When and if I reinstall another set of drivers, I'll try that and see if it kills the zeropoint references, thanks.

edit
    (They work great except for the BF2 shadow bug)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2005
  14. Nitebird

Nitebird Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS (unlocked)
    Uninstalled the X G drivers I had installed due to the BF2 shadow bug still being there, and I tried doing the suggestions of the 3 users above my posts here, but none of them worked. The "dhzeropoint card detection" is still there no matter what I do. What a hassle.

15. Russo

Russo Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800GT OC
    I finally Bough BF2 lol and i was having some issues too. I was running 410/1.1 with my BFG 6800 GT OC... although in CS:S and HL2 and FarCry i usually run 419/1.18. And i was getting crazy artifacts at 419 and slightly less at 410 and none at default. I will dable with this later too.

16. Nitebird

Nitebird Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS (unlocked)
    You might want to give the WHQ 77.30s a try, that's what I'm using at the moment and they run BF2 flawless, no artifacting, no shadow bug. I'll use these for now until I can find a decent modified driver set.

17. Nitebird

Nitebird Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS (unlocked)
    Btw, I think your instructions might be off a bit ;-)
    There is no key in the registry called:
    HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\Hardware\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video

At least not on mine anyways, on mine it's:
    HK_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video

Regardless, this method didn't get rid of the 'zeropoint card detection' either, unfortunately. Thanks anyway.

18. Wildman95GS-T

Wildman95GS-T Master Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 2000
    I have (4) 0000 folders under that registry location that will expand which one do i remove :confused:

19. Nitebird

Nitebird Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800GS (unlocked)
    Each person's registry is different, therefore I'd ignore those suggestions for deleting those reg keys til you know for sure what to delete. The initial instructions for it were wrong anyway, so I'd just ignore it.

20. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Russo - I can run 3DMark05 at 405\1000 but try BF2 at 390\985 as it heats up the card with all the mega work it has to do. I'm now running banned 78.03HDv2
    (at the start of the forum is the name that is banned) and they are the fastest yet with fantastic IQ. I had problems with videos\movies having no picture till I opened the vids with WMP Classic then everything worked OK. Also had a few hitching issues at first till I started the PC again. Now 6800 GT is 53 C even though it's overclocked and FSB is as well. 5528 3DMark05 points with **78.03HDv2 and running BF2 on all High with 4xAA online.