i need opinions about my specs

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Cowerd, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Cowerd

Cowerd New Member

hello guys i just ordered a new rig and i actually put the order on hold cause i wasnt so sure about the specs.. and this rig is for gaming now here it goes: ;o

amd 3700san diego (my father told me he'll upgrade my cpu to dualcore/muticore when games are gonna use it.

Leadtek 7800GTX Extreme 1250/490 (should i stick with that or change to the normal edition?)

Antec P160 (does it worth the money?)

ocz 520powerstream (or to change to 420ps?)

wd 160gb sata2

dfi lanparty ultra-D

OCZ 1x2gb Platinium 2-3-2-5 in israel it costs about 500$+ if i could buy the comp from the us

NEC 3540A dual layer

oh and in israel it all costs something about 2500$ :\

now should i stick with the 3700SD? or to go to 3800x2 which i think its waste because its pretty weak...or to spend more to get the 4200/4400 which will be hard though cause ill need to argue with my father about it so i need ur help guys its pretty urgent thank u :p

2. Cowerd

Cowerd New Member

some1 please guys :(

3. Scief

Scief Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT @Ultra
    Whoa, give us some time.

Ok, So San Diego is good, but if you like to OC get something like 3500+ Venice. And if you don't OC you don't need fancy RAM.

Extreme Editon, how much does it cost compared to standard?

420W Should be enough, so if you'r on tight budget, get that.

2GB is nice nowadays, but not necessary. get 1.5gb if you can get it much cheaper.

You may also want a SLI Mobo, I'd suggest that you take that and standard 7800GT, not GTX and get another when it feels like it.
    Ok, now lets see what others say.

4. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    whats wront with it im not understanding that thing is like 2 or 3 parts aways from prefect

5. Cowerd

Cowerd New Member

hmm perfect? perfecrt with the 3700 san diego ? :O

6. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640 MB 600/1000
    You can overclock it, plus even a 3700+ is plenty fast to keep up with a GTX. "Extreme" probably isn't worth the extra, unless its like $50 or something, they pretty much never are. That all looks good, you're definately not making any big mistakes or anything. If you needed to lower costs I could make some suggestions, but doesn't look like budget is such an issue.

As for dual-core, around the middle of 2006 AMD will come out with socket M2 .065 micron dual-cores, will be cheaper and there will be more time for optimization, you could think about going dual-core then... I wouldn't expect it to be too gaming relevant before then.

7. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    you cant get much better than the 3700 San Diego chip without enter dual core

8. Cowerd

Cowerd New Member

so to go to dual core 4400? :E

9. stefanie

stefanie Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx geforce 5500 oc 336/430
    Sounds like a nice system. Enjoy the deal you found and next year replace the mobo and cpu to your liking. Remember Todays Top is tomorrows obsolete.

10. otaku

otaku Guest

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    i would go with the venice 3500 939

the normal leadtek gtx as mine will hit 500core 1300 memory easy

keep that memory

11. Cowerd

Cowerd New Member

but theres a problem though... if i change the cpu ill need to change the mobo and the memory aswell so its a bit of a problem... so what do u suggest? and abotu the m2 will 939 sockets still be on the market? a year from now? cause ive been told that amd wont produce anymore 939 chips is it true ? :(

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  12. G L

G L Don Juan

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640 MB 600/1000
    No new 939 parts after M2 is released, but then again the M2 processors look pretty much just like the 939 processor except with DDR-2 support--so socket M2 processors aren't really "new" either, same speed and cache sizes apparently. It looks like 3.0 GHz is about the limit of the Athlon core at .09 micron. M2 will be .065 micron, but it sounds like they're not expecting big speed boosts out of that, maybe not any boost at all except perhaps a faster X2... main benefit is making them cheaper, by using less silicon with a smaller process. M2 will probably result in cheaper dual-cores, but AMD probably will release .065 micron 939 X2s as well, I'd guess... AMD does not have anything to gain by forcing you to upgrade your motherboard, not being in the chipset business like Intel, and smaller process always means more profits.