NVIDIA SVX StarStorm (77.77)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by Eric LaFrance, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Eric LaFrance

Eric LaFrance Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800GT 256meg
    who's tried them? I'm downloading them now, looks like he may have fixed the OpenGL crashes other driver mods have at this time.

2. Eric LaFrance

Eric LaFrance Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800GT 256meg
    So far those drivers are fine but I changed high performance to quality, it just looks better. Just a little smoother frame rates and I'd for sure be sold and I could run Jetfighter 2015 with these drivers if any of you are having problems.

EDIT:
    Bilinear filtering enabled fixed the frame rate smoothness issue, these are now my new drivers.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2005
  3. ASmokerz

ASmokerz Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 9800 PRO @ 405/715
    Link pls =D

4. Eric LaFrance

Eric LaFrance Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800GT 256meg
    it's on the front download section at this time http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1165

I tried the NGO and this one as well both 77.77 version and the NVIDIA SVX StarStorm (77.77) and the NVIDIA SVX StarStorm (77.77) kicks some serious image quality butt when both drivers are set to quality. Performance is the default for SVX which is fair looking but quality settings look awesome even better than NGOs high quality settings in this case.

I'm not going to do screen shots, but playing UT2004 the difference is obvous, banding/shimmering lines verses nearly non. To solve my issue of smooth rate smoothness I enabled "force mip maps" to bilinear.

savage-xp you won me on these drivers... I use 1024x768 rez all the time so the lack of 1280 X 1024 rez (according to pocketwatch) doesn't mean anything. Savage-xp when it comes to image quality settings using your drivers you really come up as pretty impresive in the image quality department.

Also under the Geforce6800 setting Video overlay settings enable "Enable VMR" by checking the box and that'll fix the video playback issues.

After you change those settings you may have found your new favorite 6800GT driver.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2005