freezing PC VERY CONFUSED!!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Green-Pilgrim, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Green-Pilgrim

Green-Pilgrim Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX 768
    BF2/ FEAR demo freeze, MOH & Command & Conquer Generals ok.Benchmarks as you can see are fine.When these 2 games are played everything locks after about 3-5 mins play.Temps are ok, Fx55 fitted with the Asaka EVO hsf, both GT'S have Artic coolers fitted,temps for them around 55c -60c.My PSU is a Tagan 480w so theres plenty of juice there.Ive taken out the sound card, using onboard now in case of irq conflicts.Drivers 6.66 for mobo, 77.72 for cards , tried the 77.76 and 77.77's same problem, swapped out the memory same happens.Application controlled when using the settings for games.Last night had a clan match for MOH was playing for 5 hours+ with no problems.Windows was a fresh install when i put everything together.SLI ON/OFF makes no difference same happens. So im stuck people any help i would be very gratefull.
    then i posted this 2nite not sure where it should be posted now!! lol

Formatted the hard drive did a fresh install on xp -pro then updated to sp2 through the cd which i had.Then when i installed ZONE-ALARM the PC rebooted, when it returned i had the 'serious error' message come up looked at it .IT was the same error message i got when i keep getting booted and frozen from BF2 and the Fear demo.But this time round i hadnt even installed any drivers for anything no chipset,gfx card or sound card.The recovery console game me this error: 'LOCALS1\TEMP\WER6FIE.DIR001\MINI081105-01DMP' AND
    'LOCALS1\TEMP\WER6FIE.DIR001\SYSTEMDATA\XM
    all i was told on screen that it was a driver error but couldnt tell me with what device????? since i hadnt installed any yet im very much confused and pee'd off at

2. Green-Pilgrim

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX 768
    installed Half-life 2 today just crashed again after about 5 mins of playing.Ordered an Enermax Noisetaker 600W psu, starting to believe the Tagan cant hack it anymore but everything else works ok just not dx9 games think when the GT's start to work a bit there taken more than the psu can handle.The tagan model i have has no dedicated PCI-E connectors just 1 AGP and only one 12 volt rail so i think theres some incompatibility there some where with what the SLI is taking.So i think this is do or die.PC will be launched out of the window if this doesnt work costing me the best part of £100 to find out!! lol

ps oh yes found out that 1 of 4 possible causes of the error report im getting is PSU problems the other 3 were frontside bus thats at default, overheating cpu at 39 under full load both GT's never over 65 and ambient case temp around 35c, ruled that one out, or memory problems sticks work fine in my other pc and dont show any other problems and are cool to touch inside the case. so im going for the psu one.

3. Green-Pilgrim

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX 768
    ASUS HAVE A PROBLEM ME THINKS, SWAPPED THE BOARD OUT FOR AN ABIT FATATL1TY an8 sli, didnt change anything else been playing all my dx9 games not 1 freeze or reboot something up with those mobos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. ragtag

ragtag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    no, its the latest driver for the Marvel Yukon netcard that freezes the computer.

5. Green-Pilgrim

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTX 768
    No this is not the problem. All lan options are turned off in the BIOS and never installed.I use a router through USB to connect.

ABIT board working a dream even got a new score of 30626 on 3d2001se!