Would you rather...?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by ST19AG_WGreymon, Aug 24, 2005.

?

Which one, which one. Decisions, decisions.

1. Gaming

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  2. Or the girl.

36 vote(s)
    76.6%
  1. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    I don't know about that. I had a serious girlfriend for a year now and she can bearly use a pc, and she doesn't mind me gaming. She usually phones me once a day (sometimes not) and we see each other couple of times a week (mostly on weekend). So I haven't really sacrificed any of my pc time. I can't stand girls that want to spend every waking hour with you or phone you 10 times a day. So guys, I suggest you all stay away from crazy insecure biatches like that, and your PC gaming will be just fine. Just my two cents.

2. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    :D

3. R.A.D.

R.A.D. Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi gtx 560 ti tf2
    Yes, but the problem arises when you have very little free time and your girlfriend doesnt live less than an hour of your home, so thats when you mostly have to decide between seeing your girl or other things. I say this for experience because my last two relationships went to the thrash because of that, among other things.

4. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Guest

why couldnt you have both? Id pick the girl anyway, i havent had a decent pc for a year now and that means no games and im not crazy just yet.

5. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    To be honest, Guys can be a real pain, and lets be honest, if they didn't have one thing that only guys have, girls just would not put up with all the rest of the egoism, throwing stuff around for us to pick up, loud poker nights and constant flow of money going to electronics instead of food and all the rest.

:p

6. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    Hey, I can afford food! And I clean up after myself, and I don't play poker (much)

Egoism though...well, you got me there.

7. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    no gaming...

8. benktlottie

benktlottie Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GT (480/1200)
    He He He ! The only thing that isnt charactreristic of me in there is I've never played poker ! :)

My wife is a gamer. I think its quite funny when a new game is released. she takes time off work to play it ! When HL2 was out, she took 3 days off, went into her PC room and played and played. I had to do the dinner and all the housework for 3 days while she completed it. She even played through the night on the second day and didnt come to bed !!! LOL

Because of her obsessions with games, spending money on upgrades is never an issue, cause she thinks it will benefit her game playing...

9. the_jerboa_king

the_jerboa_king Master Guru

GPU:
    9600GT
    One thing only guys have... I thought you could go out and get replicas...

Anyway... like everyone else I'd take the woman who let me play games :) Everyone I've been out with is aware I play games and doesn't stop me. Mainly because I would rather go out and do something than sit around and play games.

Also, pretty much all men will complain about women, most women complain about men. Men don't complain about men, but women complain about women... I see a pattern...

Also I don't play poker, would like to think I wasn't an egotist, but I have to admit my bedroom is a states, but I do keep the rest of the house clean!

10. benktlottie

benktlottie Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GT (480/1200)
    Vibrators cant buy the drinks, drive a car or take women shopping and they certainely cant carry the bags that accumalate from said shopping trip !

11. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    After reading all these scary tings about the woman, I almost ran staight over to mine and dropped to one knee. After all I heard, she must be perfect. She enjoys watching me play ego-shooters, doesn't mind it much when I ransack the holiday-money for the low-latency ram I just had to have (as long as I don't bitch about those Prada shoes too much which suddenly appear out of nowhere;) ), and she is smart, sexy & makes me laugh.
    Now, that's a dream woman! At least for me!

12. the_jerboa_king

the_jerboa_king Master Guru

GPU:
    9600GT
    That's more than one thing then!

@Dune, that sounds damn good to me!

13. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    exactly find a girl that plays games.. shouldnt have to totally quit something u like doing.. the girl of everyones dreams should not make the quit something they like to do or love to do...

14. benktlottie

benktlottie Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7800GT (480/1200)
    To sum up...if the woman truely loves you she will love you no matter who you are or what you do. If you have a woman that insists you change (only your mother has that right), well get rid of her. Her loss, not yours. You are you and you have the rght to do and act as you wish. And dont worry, there will be a woman out there (like mine and dune2's) who like PC games, and will watch lovingly while you kick ass on your PC !!!

@dune2, my god, has my wife married you too ? :) Mine has a Prada "problem" aswell, and fits your description! LOL

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  15. dune2

dune2 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I know that generalizations will get my into trouble with IB, but don't they all have a Prada* problem?

@benktlottie: She always says she works late. Around what times do you see her? Maybe we should check if the times match up!! ;)

* word can be indisciminately substituted for any other high priced italian or french fashion brand that either makes shoes, bags, purses.

16. truAp0stle

truAp0stle Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800XL 256 @ 430~1100 ~Samsung 930b 19" LCD
    Anytime you get in a relationship with women there are bound 2 be games. The games that will be played are not FPS or MMORPG's or the like, but psychological games that women have been "playing" on us since the beginning of time.

That being said....enjoy both. Y would u choose one over the other? Maybe someone should link to the thread about the dangers of online gaming.

Personally, I choose teh girl....but I also will not let a women dictate whether or not I am allowed to game.

Get the best of both worlds.

17. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    OK, you got me there.

Personally I need my man to do thousands of things, cause I am one lazy bastard.

/me yells to check if dinner is done.

And I don't mind any upgrades, egotrips or days in front of the PC:) I guess girls who don't just never have been to a LAN :rolleyes: :pinkbow:

18. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    Ohh, I'm so leaving Icebird's comment alone..

Anyway, I've found out that if you get your girlfriend attached to The Sims or something like that, she'll never complain again.

19. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh yeah, sims rockz. Reminds me I gotta get that new upgrade soon...

20. R.A.D.

R.A.D. Member Guru

GPU:
    Msi gtx 560 ti tf2
    Another option is messenger, they can spend the whole day talking crap with their friends there and you dont have to pay those huge phone bills that would come otherwise and that way you can make her happy with a cheaper comp. (Im feeling like a cheap bastard now)