X800 XL Getting Bad Performance

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by pictureit, Aug 21, 2005.

1. pictureit

pictureit New Member

GPU:
    X800 XL
    I have just bought this card and I have been getting low frame rates on a lot of games even with low setting maybe ranging around 30-70. Yes I have updated my drivers no not the bios but it doesn't matter and I have been on my desktop setting on advanced and changed open gl to high settings and direct 3d to high settings plus I went into bios and changed apeerature to 128 because I know about that.

Anyone got any ideas then help me out please. (don't ask stupid questions)

2. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    You could be running at 50% speed[maybe agp gart driver]
    What gpu did you use before?What cat driver you using?
    How much filtering is on?
    Could do with the answer's to help out.Cheers

3. pictureit

pictureit New Member

GPU:
    X800 XL
    WOW

Well that was a fast response but thats not the problem. By gpu i think you mean CPU so I am running a Prescott 2.8 800FSB 1024 CACHE

4. Diamond15

Diamond15 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 1900XT 512mb
    GPU is the graphics card processor. In other words what graphics card did you have before the x800xl?

5. BlackPearl

BlackPearl Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GS 384Mb
    If you haven't done so (unless the computer is a new build) you might consider running DriverCleaner (to ensure total removal of remnants of any old drivers) and reinstalling your chosen drivers. Then leave all the driver settings at default and change settings in individual games if you wish.

What led to your conclusion that 30-70 fps is "low frame rates"? Were you getting higher rates with your old GPU? Depending on the game and the settings you're using, those rates may be normal. For example, my X800XL (at 12x10 w/maxed AA/AF) gets similar rates to yours in some games (like NFSU2) but achieves higher rates in others (like HL2, UT2004).

Cheers and good luck sorting it out.

PS Don't you think it's a bit cheeky to ask people for help and at the same time tell them "don't ask stupid questions"?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2005
  6. icywind32

icywind32 Master Guru

GPU:
    ati 6970 2gb
    maybe its the power supply
    if ur sharing ur power cord with another part of the computer that maybe the problem.
    it might b that ur gfx card isnt getting enough power

7. desdick

desdick Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 6800 PCIe 256mb
    Go Nvidia :D

8. mehdi

mehdi Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    Whats the point in that the guy need help not fanboy comments.I would reformat thats what I do when i put a new gpu in especially if you had a nvidia before hope this helps.

9. pictureit

pictureit New Member

GPU:
    X800 XL
    LOL

Wow you guys are retards you just think you know whats wrong just to make yourself feel better because you have nother else to look for in life. How Sad!

10. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    And the retard award goes to……….pictureit; congratulations on being so stupid to ask for help then turn around and sh!t on the ones who take the time to try and help out. Not only that, you haven’t told us what trouble shooting steps you have already tried….lol….at least now you know what gpu stands for. :rolleyes:

11. truAp0stle

truAp0stle Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI X800XL 256 @ 430~1100 ~Samsung 930b 19" LCD
    Re: LOL

Damn thats kind of ****ty for you to say....it's not like I am in here bragging 2 u about how much money I make and all the chicks i've been with.!1!1! didnt you come into this forum asking for help?

However like a previous poster said what exactly are you trying to quantify?

What was your previous graphical get up? Give us some more details so we can honestly try and help you out.

I really dont think any1 in here needs to justify their existance by "helping" you.

12. reflex

reflex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 725/1800/2000
    :rolleyes:

@pictureit
    Make sure your running at AGP8x and not AGP4x - also make sure you downloaded the latest nforce drivers from nvidia's site, also, like suggested above, download drivercleaner and clean all the nvidia and ati drivers (in safe mode perferably) then restart and re-install the cat5.8 drivers

Oh and pictureit, if you want help, don't call us retards, becuase if anyone is a retard in this thread, it's you

13. ha ha missed me

ha ha missed me Master Guru

GPU:
    sapphire x800xl agp @ 435 /535 :)
    Re: LOL

i doubt it m8 ppl are trying to give some advice on what might be a possible solution to your problem, using the "BASIC INFORMATION" you gave us,

and he call us retards ! kids will be kids ay?

14. reflex

reflex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800GT 725/1800/2000
    Re: Re: LOL

That's not correct, i would have to say

people who ask for help then call the people retards will be the only retarded dumbasses in the thread ay?

more like it ^^

15. truAp0stle

truAp0stle Master Guru

GPU:
    Kids will be kids...but the funny thing is this person could be 42 years old. who knows.

it's funny though.....this is like the second thread I have seen today were peeeps are being total jack4$$'s. Whats up with that? I can only chalk it up to the fact that it was a full moon a few days ago.

Yo ha ha missed me u live in Milton Keynes? I live in Austin Texas but I have been to that mall in MK like many, many years ago.

I love the UK it's teh whip! I actually lived there for 4 years.

I could really go for some toad-n-teh hole and some bangers and mash and what the hell how bout some bubble and squeak?

:cool:

Confucious say: A superior man is modest in his speech but exceeds in his actions.!1!1!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2005

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34

bahahahahahah been wanting to say that for days now

17. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    …………….and he called us retards!

18. truAp0stle

truAp0stle Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU? HA....wtf dont you all mean CPU? I didnt come to this thread to find out about my cpu which stands for central processing unit I came to find out about my video card.

*in your best Arnold Scwarzenegger voice....

"my cpu is a neuro net processor, a learning computer...."

19. Foxbat25

Foxbat25 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 9800GTX`S
    reformat and get new mobo drivers
    and use th cat 5.8 normal drivers or 5.8 ccc (i use the 5.8ccc) run 3d mark 03 and 05. then post the results ok

AND ATI ULI Crossfire will RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!:)>

20. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34

aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha

pictureit needs to "chillout... dickwad" :D