BFG 6800 Ultra issues

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by seagoat, Jul 17, 2005.

1. DiZzyBonne

DiZzyBonne Member

GPU:
    eVGA 7950 GT 256MB
    I know this is totally off topic, but what am I trying to look for in that video? Sorry if this unhelpful question bothers you :(.

2. seagoat

seagoat Member

GPU:
    BFG Tech GeForce 6800 Ultra OC 256mb
    The video displays funky popping textures, or tearing, whatever u call it.

3. seagoat

seagoat Member

GPU:
    After comparing similar problems with video other than the tearing, I have determined that fastwrites is most likely the problem, yet I cannot find an option for this in my BIOS, would anyone be so kind as to walk me through disabling them?

4. Jacklking

Jacklking Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800gt
    Seagoat.......Im back........The tearing is caused by a faulty or weak power supply...........My 420watt.......destroyed the motherboard...cpu...Thank god for warranty.........replace your power supply before damage is done like mine.........I got a 500 antec.........works great and I am back and up to speed

5. REGENERATI0N

REGENERATI0N Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    Use RivaTuner or Coolbits 2.0

6. seagoat

seagoat Member

GPU:
    I have a 480 watt PSU, shouldnt that be close enough to 500 that it should work? I'll pick up a 5438946203846 watt PSU if i have to but i mean can 20 watts make the difference?

7. SgtSquarenuts

SgtSquarenuts Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 Ultra o/c w/c/Koolance Exo
    Well I wouldn't worry about the psu. As long as it's a good brand you are ok. It looks to me like that furry looking Michelin Man in Warcraft is skipping frames. You might have some connection issues, such as packet loss. Test it
    here: http://www.dslreports.com/tools If your connection is bad tweak it and retest it. That will keep you busy for a bit. As far as turning off fast writes, I have never heard of anyone actually doing that. It's an ultra for chrisakes. Make sure you have your type of connection set in game properly. There should be something in setup. Is your monitor acting ok? Did you set your refresh rate higher than 60 Hz. in the display properties panel? Your card should be ok, it was helpful to watch the vid. I really don't see it as a card problem. Did you run 2 seperate 12v power dongles with nothing else drawing power to the card? You can have a fan or 2 on it, but no other hardware can use those 2. hope this helps.

8. seagoat

seagoat Member

GPU:
    I notice the same problem tho when I play BF2 demo on silgle player, although the problem is much harder to spot. also the dynamic shadows mess up and become massive squares that get everywhere, dunno if thats related, but i definitly see the same "tearing" problem that i see in WoW.

9. SgtSquarenuts

SgtSquarenuts Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 Ultra o/c w/c/Koolance Exo
    Try this seagoat. Instead of using det destroyer try this 1 here:http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745 You aren't using det drivers anymore, so I don't think you should use it to clean out the cache. Also check the Nvidia archive and look at the release notes for issues and fixes for the release of the driver you want to use.

10. seagoat

seagoat Member

GPU:
    thanks, ill give it a shot, but i am currently at school for the next month and we have the whole proxy thing going on so i cant test WoW, but ill try it on BF2, although the problem is barely noticable even when it occurs in that game.

11. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    how about lowering the resolution ???

12. seagoat

seagoat Member

GPU:
    doesnt work