Having trouble running dual channel memory on DFI NF4SLI -D

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Xaser04, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    EDIT: Sorted (Having trouble running dual channel memory on DFI NF4SLI -D)

EDIT:

I have now sorted it. Cheers all of you for your help! Turns out it was the bios. Many thanks to Jason_25 for finding the website with the image for a cdrom for bios flashing!

I am running bios revision 510 - 3 if anyone using geil memory on a dfi nf4 motherboard let me know and I will be able to point you in the right direction!

Once again thanks all!

:heh:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2005
  2. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)
  3. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
  4. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    ok now its doesn't work at all. it gets to windows failed blah blah do do you want to restart windows in normal or safe mode that screen and I press enter and it resest EVERY time. I really don't know what this is now! I think I may cry! (or buy a gigabyte mobo)

cheers

5. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    Sorry to say Xaser, I had the same prob on a DFI Ultra-D, RMA'd the board to OcUK, got refunded, so must have been faulty. DIMM 4 was the prob, would boot with RAM in DIMM 2, but 4 was goosed!!

6. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    dammit I am annoyed, I think I am going to go out and buy a gigabyte sli mobo instead. grrrrr. I have never had a porblem with a dfi mobo b4!

7. Jason_25

Jason_25 Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6600 GT OC/17" HP CRT
    Are you using the orange slots? Have you tried any of the many beta bioses for the board? 5/12-2 Works great for my GSKILL LE TCCD.

8. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

:D Get the ASUS SLI Deluxe instead :p

much better 2 gb lan ports, and 8xusb :p

9. Jason_25

Jason_25 Master Guru

GPU:
    The DFI has 2 GB lans as well and is clearly the superior board. The Asus is slower, and is unstable when overclocking. With the DFI, your pretty much required to flash to one of the betas. I had instability too with the 3/10 bios.

10. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    Ok I have just tried with some generic ram out of my second computer and that doesn't work either so I am now maybe looking towards the psu as being the course of the problem. I have all the power connectors plugged in, the only thing is I only have a 20pin atx connector and not the 24pin on the motherboard. I have read though this shouldn't cause a problem although I think this may be the problem I am facing. It is only a 450w psu as well which probably isn't sufficient.

What do you guys think?!

cheers

11. Jason_25

Jason_25 Master Guru

GPU:
    Have you flashed to one of the later beta bioses yet? Your PSU is probably not the problem here. I am using an Antec 450W 20-pin PSU getting some excellent overclocks.

12. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    I have flashed to the latest one on dfi's website So I don't think it could be that also I don't have a floppy drive so I can't flash it using that, neither can I get into windows to glash on that. (on my laptop now which doesn't have floppy drive either.

hmmmm

13. Jason_25

Jason_25 Master Guru

GPU:
    I had problems with the latest offical as well. Get the 5/10-2 Fix bios and work from there. If it doesn't work try the 5/10-3 or 5/10-1 fix bioses. As always set your memory timings loose to start out with.

Ok I'm going to get you a link for a downloable bootable cd-image that contains all the recent bioses for the board.

http://indabasement.com/DFINF4/bios/DFI_BIOSROM.rar

14. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    ok I downloaded that and it didn't work to begin with (came up with couldn't read disk) although I noticed below on that site you showed me and there was one that bypasses that. I have flashed it to 510-3 (all ram types) which you used.

Hopefully this will work! (crossing fingers and touching wood) god its late (gone midnight) but I am not sleeping till i can run 3dmark 03 on my 7800gtx!!!!

cheers m8