How to turn .WMA to .WAV

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by MaXThReAT, Jul 14, 2005.

1. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Guest

Hey I snagged a sweet movie sound effect for my boot up sound. XP only lets you run .WAV files from the sound menu for startup. Most programs I've found so far need to be paid for. Anyone know a quick free program I can use to convert the file. I'll bet you can guess what the sound is.

2. T8000

T8000 Master Guru

GPU:
    GF6800 LE 128 MB 12p_softmod, fanless (24dB_total)
    Second PC

If you have a second PC, you can just connect the sound cards for an analog recording, with the audio recorder included in Windows.

For the second PC, anything that has a soundcard will do. I recommend a laptop, because they are easier to connenct and set up.

3. bakuryu

bakuryu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 6600LE @ 430/490
  4. Pr0v

Pr0v Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus A9600XT/TD
    you have a creative soundcard..

you can set "what you hear" in the soundsettings so you record the sound when you play it.

then you can crop it.

the easiest way is to get a converter tho :p

5. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Guest

Very very cool guys. Thanks for the info. I ended up using the audio conversion studios, but I also snaged alive it looks pretty good. Thanks, now I hear the tri-pod bellowing sound effect from War of the worlds when my comp boots up. Man does it sound awesome.

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    where did you get the sound?...I would like to hear it, I haven't before....But I use the THX sound when my system boots..sounds very cool and it impresses visitors..lol

7. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    LOL, I haven't been using any boot sound for a long time, but you guys have motivated me to snap some cool sounds and impress visitors too. I used to crop sounds from songs and movies to get a cool boot effect, and everyone was like WOW. :)