BF2 Patch Out (Link Inside)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BFA, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Did you ever have the problem with the original bf2.exe generating errors?

2. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    No the original one was working perfectly...
    Anyways, I have just restarted after the re-install and updated it to the v1.01 and ran it from the dvd. But, it crashed to the desktop again after a black screen... :(

3. scorpion

scorpion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GeForce 6800GT Golden Samp
    I had a "Patching Failed" problem, so the patch wasn't even installing. I searched a bit on google and i finally found a solution @ totalbf2 forums. All fixed now :)

http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=13224 -- posted by Leki on totalbf2, Ragnar created it (by the looks of it (below is done by Ragnar 11651173)), thank you, i was getting really frustrated, the fact i paid $100 for the game and EA couldn't even make the installer search the HDD to see where its installed since obviously i didn't install it in the default path.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2005
  4. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Well, I have it instelled on d:, which is not default as I have my drive partitioned, and it DID patch the game files, but, the bf2.exe just wont run properly since the patch (actually, wont run at all)

WTF??????????????????

5. convax

convax Master Guru

GPU:
    GF 6800GT @ Ultra
    to all using No-CD's with BF2 beware, i have 2 machines running legal copies and ecided to No-cd then to save looking for the damn disk, one machine runs no problems, but the other will CTD after about 20 seconds play citing a memory leak error

This is defo caused by the No-CD patch as when changed back its fine again so watch out for that

6. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Hey convax.

I am aware on the inherant difficulties with running the patch with the no-cd.

However, the only way I could get the game to run was by using the patch. (i do have a legal copy!!)

Without it, the original bf2.exe, as soon as its clicked, i'd get th BF2 splash screen, then 'bf2.exe has generated errors and needs to be shut dow. Please restart the appliction'

Grrrrrrrrr......... I've e-mailed Ea, so I hope they can get me a new BF2.exe or something

7. convax

convax Master Guru

GPU:
    GF 6800GT @ Ultra
    EA cant suck the sweat from a dead mans balls, i never had any problems running BF2 (loads of problems in game but no loading one) its just the no-cd patch i obtained didnt like some element of my system. I will be trying the patch tongiht to see if that has helped, also you will no a new 1.01 noCD for the patch

8. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Yeah,. I have a feeling once a 1.01 no cd comes out, that will sort the problem, in the mean time, i'm gonna uninstall it and reinstall, then apply the 1.01 patch, and see if that works.

Luckily it appears I am not the only one having the same problem.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the cd or dvd versions of the game.........

I honestly cant remember any game coming out and so many people having so many problems with it!

F'in EA rushing developers to deadlines it has to be expected

9. convax

convax Master Guru

GPU:
    GF 6800GT @ Ultra
    unfortunately EA just dont seem to realise ppl want a gem they can play out the box and would rather wait for a decent release than buy it and spend 2 months going "wtf, my dog could write better menu code than this" its a shame because the game engine and AI handling are sooo good, but they just didnt get that class feel to it, AND THRES NO FAVOURTIES, how stupid is that

10. S_Kinton

S_Kinton Ancient Guru

GPU:
    512mb 8800GT & 22" Samsung LCD
    It seems that they made a good game and added some new stuff like VOIP and the squad/commander system etc........

but then they go and miss the basic stuff! Like favourites, a decent control entry system (the whole crappy unbinding system to map a control) and yes the piss poor menu thats not even the slightest bit stable. It took me 5 restarts to get into a server last night! Then you go and score 50 points on a ranked server and it crashes as the game ends...............and guess what your points have vanished into thin air!!!!!

11. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Dont even start on hoe many times I've crashed/locked up on a server, and it always seem to be the times you're totally kickin' ass, and yes, your points magically disappear

12. convax

convax Master Guru

GPU:
    GF 6800GT @ Ultra
    as i stated ive never really had a problem in game, apart for the end of game CTD's but the menu system is worse than the orginal BF ffs

13. scorpion

scorpion Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GeForce 6800GT Golden Samp
    I've got the DVD version, and i always put the dvd in to play, only because i've been lazy and haven't searched for a no-cd patch.

Game runs fine, it's just the installation of the patch that was a bit of a shame, i played for 10 minutes, the game ran good.

14. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Its such an annoying problem. I wonder why it only happens on some peoples PC's.

I really hope EA can sort it.

I agree with the CTD's at the end of a round, how bloody annoying is that!!!!!

15. S_Kinton

S_Kinton Ancient Guru

GPU:
    512mb 8800GT & 22" Samsung LCD
    I have the DVD version and installed a no cd patch but couldnt get on any servers, so i removed it and just leave the dvd in the drive now, but its a pain having to leave it in all the time

16. convax

convax Master Guru

GPU:
    GF 6800GT @ Ultra
    its a wierd one, cuz my Athlon 2600 with an FX5200 play the game perfectly on a NO-CD, but my sig spec machine crashes all the time with it :-/

But im leaving No-CD'd for now till i get the game working properly, i ordered a 2nd dvd drive the other week, perfect for leaving game cd's and nly 15 quid :)

17. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    yea i had a problem when i installed ENG version i couldnt open my
    BF2 so I went and downloaded another patch from different site and then restarted and it worked fine..

also i had a problem with getting my server list to come up too it came up then i tried to search for a certain server name and it didnt find it so i took it off to try to bring up all servers again and i couldnt get anything up had to restart bf2 this happened several times

18. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Yeah same here mine worked fine(minus the Server Browser) before the patch now I am studdering badly tryed reinstalling and lowering GFX settings it made no difference at all

19. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Morketh, where did you get the other patch from?

20. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    16GB RX6800
    Hurrah for EA - BF2 game excellent.................Patch sucks big time:mad: Can't play SP anymore it just stops at starting server and I have to restart my PC (can't even get back to the desktop). So now I've got to reinstall it - Thanks EA for all your efforts in the "making the game stop working department"
    Take my advice don't install this patch :(