BF 2 Patch v1.01 this week!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S_Kinton, Jul 4, 2005.

1. S_Kinton

S_Kinton Ancient Guru

GPU:
    512mb 8800GT & 22" Samsung LCD
    Looks like it'll be available sometime in the next 5 days:

Update 1.01 Coming Soon
    That's right, the first Battlefield 2 Update is coming your way very soon. We've kept quiet about this update so far, but today we're going to reveal the major fixes coming with the Update. The best part is, every fix in this update is a result of Community feedback on the demo and retail game release.

Fixes

-Fixed issues that caused the Multiplayer Browser to become unresponsive.

We've added some new functionality and buttons to the Multiplayer Browser that make finding an open game of Battlefield 2 much, much easier. Issues users have encountered involving zero ping servers or browser hangs have all be addressed.

-Fixed an issue where some game controls were not available to be rebound within the Options menu.

Some functions previously were not available to be rebound in the Controls Options menus. These items have been added to make rebinding of functions much easier.

-Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB

Users who rebind the Left Mouse Button to "Move forward" rejoice!

With these fixes and more, it should be much easier to get in to a game of Battlefield 2 and that much easier to play it the way you want to play it. Look for this update to be deployed into battle some time next week!

Linux Server Build
    Many of you have made us aware of issues with the previously released retail Linux server (2442) in both 32-bit and 64-bit environments. DICE has finished work on a replacement build and QA has been working hard to validate something that we can release to the community. Our goal is to get a fully operational version of the Linux server out to the Community ASAP. Stay tuned to this spot for updates.

BF2 Editor Update
    Those of you who have been watching this space over the last couple of weeks are aware the BF2 Editor was intended to be released to the Community by the end of June. While we feel we are on the homestretch now in terms of being able to release a complete Battlefield 2 Mod Development Toolkit, we will not be able to meet our previously stated goal. At this time, we are committed to getting the Open Beta of the Battlefield 2 Editor released some time in July. Stay tuned to this space for more details.

Advanced Tactical Center for Battlefield 2 Releasing!
    Tomorrow marks the initial release to the community of a tool built by Foolish Entertainment especially for Battlefield 2 - the Advanced Tactical Center for Battlefield 2. This easy to use tool allows your clan to communicate tactics easily and evolve them together in real time! There are also some new tools to the ATC like "zoom", "export tactic" and a "Custom Map Wizard" that builds upon the already large library of tools! Create and manage your squad before even joining a server with ATC. For more information on ATC, visit www.foolishentertainment.com

2. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    the unresponsive server browser is a big one for me, but I really hope they fix the random disconnects. I think it has to do witht hat damn Punkbuster and I see tons of people get disconnected all at once so I know this is fairly widespread.

If they made hitboxes better, fixed disconnects and maybe tweaked weapons, this game would be gold in my book.

3. mykledw

mykledw Guest

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    My thoughts EXACTLY!!!!

Couldn't have said it better.....:D

4. Brettbeck

Brettbeck Maha Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX7800GTX
    A BF2 update sounds like gr8 news, theres already loads of bugs in it that need to be fixed. Random disconnects are so annoying I get them all the time.

5. sh33p

sh33p Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D x800pro | 474/491
    It is punkbuster.

Manually update your PB files from the evenbalance website because the game may not be updating properly.

6. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    tried that a couple times and it doesnt work.

7. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    I am really looking forward to that...

8. Doobz

Doobz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX nVidia 6800 GT
    Wait, what's wrong with the hitboxes? They seem to work fine for me.

9. eagle26

eagle26 Member

u obviously dont snipe

10. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Atleast it aint bad as CSS's hitboxes. They're terrible. Best hitboxes are CS 1.6

11. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
  12. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    not many in game updates that i can see.. though i do get random disses which is gay! great game though!

13. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Yeah, wtf????

I noticed that the other day alright. the ain issues people have with the game are the randonm crashes, lock ups, and being dumped from the server for no apparent reason, yet none of these issues seem to be addressed, do they even know about them??

I would say that this is just a patch to keep people happy that they're on the ball fixing the game, and that a larger patch fixing the MAJOR BUGS will be on its way soon enough.

At least I hope I'm right!

14. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    I think a bit of problems has to do with Linux server, and since the servers are getting a completely new install maybe this will fix some of the CTDs and other buggy junk.

For some odd reason I didnt get a single disconnect yesterday, maybe this was fixed by Evenbalance or something, but Im keeping fingers crossed still.

15. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Sometimes I can play for hours without a problem. Other times every time I connect I get a crash or get booted off!

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    @ thse days i had odd problems.Let me list them.

-I was kicked by punkbuster due some eroor.i updated it from its web and now seems no problem.
    -i have seen no "kick Mr.Bigtime" vote but i kicked(also i havent got team kill)
    -Today 2 times it writes "Mr.Bigtime left the game by succesful vote!" . But i was playing as a commander.it happened 2 times ofcourse i continue to play...odd.
    -There was a kick vote for a guy and i gave yes vote then i kicked.I think server,or what ever i must call(program,sooftware,BF2 itself notice me as a diffrent silent?!The kicked guy maybe)it is totaly ODD!
    i was a solo soldier.on my way after the 1-2 minutes of the begining,it writes "U were punished by..." HOLLY i hadnt even fired a bullet!

and finaly take a look @ this only game pick :)

[​IMG]