Movies and webcam - distorted colours - help

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by DeadFish, Jul 5, 2005.

1. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x NVIDIA GeForce 6800ultra (SLI)
    Hi

It is so weird - it just started to happen yesterday - I did not tweak my XP or 3d card.

I opened Media Player to watch a movie from DVD - The colours were distorted, like too bright with yellow shadows instead of black. I thought it was my DVD player so I downloaded movie trailers from the internet - Still the same. I tried my webcam to capture my face - Same problem.

I even tried Real Player - no difference.

I did uninstall and reinstal drivers. I even did use restore point. No luck.

Can anyone please tell me what is the reason and how to solve this annoying problem. My PC is only new - about 3 months. I will ring to Alienware if you could not help me.

Many thanks

Nick aka DeadFish

2. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    In your display drivers is a section for color correction and video overlays. Check out the Hue and saturation settings in the video overlays section.

3. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
    Ok

I talked with Alienware - I had to unplug the 3d card and replug it. I did that - Still no luck.

I even unplugged two 3d cards ( since that I got SLI sysyem ) and swapped them. Problem is still the same. Can not be 3d card that is faulty.

Drivers : 77.72 - I did try 77.13 - same story. I used Drivers Cleaner Pro.

Any help would be useful

Thanks

4. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
    Oh My F**KING GOD!! that is all???

It works now - Doh! I must be World's stupidest geek! Honestly I did not change that colour correction settings. Weird!

Thanks for saving my life - I was going to get my 3d card RMA'd!

5. Terwin

Terwin Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA PCIe 7800GTXKO 540/1305 SLI G7
    It's a video overlay bug in recent drivers that has about 20 threads on this forum already.

6. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
    Well, I did search ' Distorted Colours' and I got some posts that were not relating to my problem.

Anyway, thanks for replying.

7. SamHughe

SamHughe Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX (SLI)
    Wait wait! How did you fix it? I'm having the same problem. How exactly did you change video overlay settings?

Sam

8. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
    Go to Nvidia icon on system tray - Right click on it - go to Colour Correction - Go to Overlay - That Colour Profile, choose Advanced Mode - Mess about with the settings until you are happy with the look of movies.

Sigh - Stupid Nvidia has still not fixed this TINY - probably world's tiniest bug!! Lazy buggers!