80.40 Driver for Wink/XP Leaked!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by siXXy, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Saiyan

Saiyan Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 12GB
    The ULTRA will probably be a normal G70 chip with all 32 pipes enabled. Yes, it's more than probable IMHO, that the G70 has 32 pipes, but yields are too low for all to be enabled. We-ll se with Rivatuner soon enough! ;)

BTW, if you remember the NV4x method, we had NV40 with 16 pipes which were then disabled for non GT/Ultra cards, and later an NV41 with 12 pipes. NV43 was the 6600/6200. Thus the G72 is probably a mainstream "7600" card.

The C51 could be an integrated chip for nForce5.

Check HERE for more info.

2. Pudwerx

Pudwerx Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 770 Jetream
    Ive been playing Guild Wars with the 80.40s now for 6 hours, no probs at all.
    I had probs with the 77.72 WHQL which let Guild Wars crash every few hours. (no, no thermal thing! ~60°C are really ok!). Also tested the 80.40s on WoW. Everything fine.

Probs are gone with the 80.40s. Also no shadow- or textureproblems unlike previous posters said.

Only the gammabug is still in, but the fix is known, so no real problem.

3. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Did some more testing... I saw a substantial increase in 3DMark05 (5974 using 415/1150 frequencies). That's about 150 points higher than with the 77.72s. But the game does seem brighter... some people said shadows are missing. Well some objects in the benchmark have shadows, and others don't... it just seems much brighter.

Performance increases across the board. Not huge increases but they're noticeable. It's a nice preview into the later 8x.xx drivers.

4. Old Chieftain

Old Chieftain Active Member

GPU:
    eVga 6800 Ultra
    Well BF2 is the latest and greatest so if the shadows are borked, there is no need to even install these puppies. I'll stay 77.72 which run just fine...

5. GhettoSkater

GhettoSkater Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon 4870 512MB
    Some settings in NFSU2 (Overbright,Crouds etc) get disable with these drivers and the XG 80.40. back to XG 77.62 for me :(

6. dude420

dude420 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7600GT KO
    IQ is amazing with these drivers. BF2 runs amazing, 10x7 high details 2xAA. Overall the IQ is awesome. I noticed a slight temp increase and my OC went down again. Keeping for now.

7. N00bsMustDie

N00bsMustDie Member

GPU:
    2x Geforce 7800GTX
    BF2 Runs perfectly for me, I still get some stuttering, (still need to upgrade to 2 gigs) but its reduced it seems, and my ingame freezing is reduced too.

Shadows for me when I turned them on were COMPLETELY smoothed out just like in the official screenshots, but they never seemed to line up.

Since these are beta, we should expect the shadow problem to be fixed right?

8. tahma

tahma Active Member

I don't know about the gamma fix, can someone please tell me? When I run RM files ( videos ) there's a white thing on top of it, is this the gamma issue?

I need the fix !!!!! what is it for the 80.40 drivers?!

9. zigiman124

zigiman124 New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6600 128MB@stock
    Would someone explain to me,what IQ for drivers stands for?

Maybe smoother play?

10. IGNITE

IGNITE Guest

"IQ"- Image quality

11. zigiman124

zigiman124 New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6600 128MB@stock
    OK thx.

12. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    The 77.72 are a garbage, they are also full with bugs, your it dates a turn for the forum and your it dates bill of that.

The puppies here are the 77.72...

p.d.: anyway, if your you don´t see videos this drivers are good for you... for me are a piece of crap.

1. Open the "nVidia Display" applet,
    2. Change to the "Color Correction" page,
    3. Change the "Color profile" drop-down option to "Advanced mode", and
    4. Click "Apply".

But remember, this fix is temporaly: gamma - Video Overlay settings are reset after every reboot.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  13. GoHack

GoHack New Member

GPU:
    XFX/7800 GT/256 MB
    I'm presently using 80.40 w/o any problems at all, on Windows 2000. I played AO (Anarchy Online) last night and have to say that 80.40 is the best, graphics wise, that I have used so far. Everything, for the first time since playing, is very sharp and detailed. I finally can read all the posted signs in the game. :D

Now for a 64 bit version for Windows XP x64, which I'm also running.

14. darkrenegade80

darkrenegade80 Active Member

GPU:
    BFG NVIDIA 6800 Ultra 256 OC AGP
    I have just installed these drivers and HL2 plays smooth how can you tell if AF is broken?? bearing in mind all setting are at max for me and no gamma bug is present in windows media player

Last edited: Jul 5, 2005
  15. tahma

tahma Active Member

16. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    Just 16x, 8x works fine. Turn AF up to 16x and see how horrible the quality gets. Does it work on your system?

The "gamma bug" that everybody's talking about is not a BUG. It's just a slider that's set incorrectly. The driver is reading the slider and adjusting the colors correctly, it's just that the slider is set out of whack.

17. darkrenegade80

GPU:
    Tarkan,

Here is a screenie just to check if it does infact work just for comparison. Can you post one of your screens up at full settings using the 80.40 drivers.

My settings: 1280X1024 @75 - 16AF 8AA Full Real World Reflections, High Detail, Fast Writes Off and V-Sync Off.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  18. Tarkan2467

Tarkan2467 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
    [​IMG]
    1024x768, 4xAA, 16xAF (no filtering performed)

[​IMG]
    1024x768, 4xAA, 8xAF

Those screenshots were taken using the settings in-game. I noticed tonight, however, that forcing the settings in the NVIDIA CP does work. So you have to force 16x AF in the driver properties, but it does work. It's just that the setting in game isn't working correctly, or the driver isn't understanding it correctly.

Looking at the image you posted though, I'm not sure what was working and what wasn't. It doesn't appear as if though the image was antialiased. And the filtering on long-range surfaces is blurry. Did you use the settings in-game or through the NVIDIA properties?

19. darkrenegade80

GPU:
    Tarkan,

I have it set in NVCP to app controlled and in game to the max values

20. darkrenegade80

GPU:
    This is with the AF and AA Forced at max in NVCpl and i have noticed a drop in FPS must be due to the fact maybe these effects are being used now??

[​IMG]