did you notice with GTA - San Andreas?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Crashing Edje, Jun 23, 2005.

1. littledragon

littledragon Member Guru

GPU:
    6600GT
    I got everything running smoothly at 1280 x 768 however, I'm stuck in the game because those "dance dance" missions slow my computer down bigtime and it's like impossible to win those missions at that speed. Anyone else have this issue? They're the mission with the low rider and the beach dance off.

2. i dont reach this level yet. :D

3. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    Those werent too bad for me (mostly cuz I have a PS2 controller 2 USB adapter for times I am in a vehicle and I have played 2/3 of the game on PS2 back durin Xmas (half done San Feriero :D), Now all i have to 2 is Green Sabre b4 I leave Los Santos....Heck Lv4 of the Courier mission in LS is pissing me off :mad:

Funny your comp is havin slowdowns, i didnt experience any durin those missions on my laptop (1280*800, IQ=medium, Frame limiter=off, no FSAA/AF), Draw=3/4 to the right)

4. littledragon

littledragon Member Guru

GPU:
    6600GT
    Yeah, I don't get what's going on. My friends say the missions run properly on their machines. On mine, everything slows down as soon as the key sequences start scrolling across the screen...

5. adnandcs

adnandcs Member

GPU:
    Inno3d Geforce 6600 128MB @ 400/600
    i also experience the similar kind of slowdowns in the dancing missions ... however i managed to somehow beat those goddamn missions ... I wonder the game is having issues with nvidia cards .. remember its a nVidia "The Way Its Meant To Be Played" Title ..

btw .. is there a way to turn off soft shadows ?? ( those that keep on moving according to the sun's position ) and its only available on the geforce 6 series .. right ? and it really brought my pc to its knees until I changed the drivers to 77.72 WHQL .. now the performance is so so ..
    on max viewdistance .. max quality .. no AA and no matter the resolution is 1024 768 or 1280 1024 .. the performance remains the same .. infact it sometimes looks as if its running better at higher resolution ... maybe the GPU takes more load on itself at higher resolution ???

6. set your option to LOW.

I fixed my problem though, i now play with VeryHigh and 1280x1024 with AA 3x (ingame options) and 8X AF, i defrag my HD and suddenly the game doesn't stutter anymore.

diskkeeper said my drive is HEAVILY defragmented :D
    i recommend if your game stutters.

7. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Turn it off, problem solved.

8. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    hey i turned off frame limiter .... ok ???? ... but still iq is not good ... very badly aa ....

9. convax

convax Master Guru

GPU:
    GF 6800GT @ Ultra
    yeah i found the IQ on this game pretty sucky, smooth as silk though even in a big fight!

10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Well, I have no performance issues, even with SLI mode off (game doenst support SLI - not that it needs it). Runs everything max 8xAA 8xAF no probs.

The only issue I have is with IQ, I sometimes get this 'swimming' like the picture is rippling up the screen. It comes and goes, so it does it for like 5mins, and then not for ages, then it comes back again. Cant work out why it does it.

11. greengiant

greengiant Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    thats not a bug it's a feature, it's supposed to be a heat haze effect like if you look down a long road on a hot day

12. jackliu913

jackliu913 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti AMP Extreme
    yes its the heatwave effect, so it's not a bug. I find this special effect makes the game really realistic. Hoever I'm kinda dissapointed on the IQ of the game overall but I love the gameplay so who cares.

My settings are 1280x1024 everything maxed out 2x AA in game no AF and I get an average of 45-50fps no stuttering, only some rare hiccups during high speed turns and heavy gunfights.

13. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    my setting is 640x480x32 on my FX 5200 on the TV with all setting on max and not AA or AF on because it dont matter on the Tv. i get 60 max and no slow down ^_^ thx god i had a S-video cable around i can play all my games smooth.

14. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Well, IMO, it dont look too good... It irritates me actually! Doesnt look like heat, it looks like my TFT is going funny! LOL!

15. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    Well, I run the game at 1280x960, very high and level 3 AA. It runs smooth at most parts. However, the slowest part I faced was when saving Denise from the burning house. The smoke really f**ked up the fps!! It was nearly unplayable!

16. PixelDude

PixelDude Pixelated Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6800GT (Albatron) on a 19" 8ms LCD
    The performance at 1280x1024 4xAA 4xAF is great on my rig, but yeh those heat effects were not done properly. It looks like they just took parts of the final screen buffer/frame and shifted them up a few pixels, instead of using pixel shaders...

The smoke and clouds really chew up the frame rates, even on my 6800GT. Especially when the missiles from a Hydra explode - the graphics come to a halt for about half a second.

But its teh gameplay that counts, right? ;)

17. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yeah, most definately, may not be great graphics, but the gameplay is fantastic. Totally addicted to it atm. At the flying school learning how to fly! :D

18. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    I can play it fine at 1024*768 (all my monitor will support) with 8xs AA and 16x AF. Not a stutter in sight regardless of what I am doing on the game (lots of cars explosions etc). Sounds like a driver bug for the 7800.

19. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    hehehe... well I got a Viewsonic 20" TFT coming to me which will do 1600x1200 at last!!! cant wait. SA will look fantastic then i think :D. Was a debate between 7800GTX (SLI of course) or a monitor that could do higher than 1280x1024. Went for the monitor, cos I think that would give me the most noticable difference in games.

20. Xaser04

Xaser04 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FE UV
    Sounds nice, I want a new tft screen but I can't justify the cost of it at the moment (typical thing of you have a monitor whats wrong with it)

Those 6800 ultras are damn sweet too. Keep you going for a while with everything maxed out.