Watercooling options

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by omicronak02, Jun 22, 2005.

1. omicronak02

omicronak02 Member

GPU:
    nVidia 6800 GT @ 380/1080
    Hi all, so I am in the process of buying a watercooling setup for my system. Currently I have a Thermaltake case with 5 fans. This in addtion to the heatsink/fan on the processor makes for a really loud computer. That's where hopefully the watercooling setup will come in handy. I dont do much overclocking so an extreme cooling setup is not required. At the moment I am looking at the Thermaltake Big water setup and the Zalman Resonator. Since this is an expensive upgrade i wanted to ask you guys for any opinions and/or suggestions. Are there any better ones in those price ranges. The max I am willing to spend on this is around 274 US dollars. THanks in advance.

2. thepure907

thepure907 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT
    well, did you say that you dont overclock or do anything extreme. Watercooling isnt just for a office pc you know... for you i think my advice is dont even invest 274 dollars in something like this. it isnt worth it.

3. WesTroy

WesTroy Member

GPU:
    2x 256MB eVGA 6800 Ultras
    I heartily agree with Pure - like me, you don't OC and don't beat the hell out of your system, so what's the point? I think your money would be better spent on quieter fans.

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    hmm... i dont think the bigwater is really that great. For a quiter system get a bigger radiator (something like a dual 120mm black ice extreme). Also, if you want a complete kit check out Asetek, they offer a wide range of stuff and i think they perform better than most other 'out of the box' watercooling set ups. Otherwise, do your research and go custom. Check out some blocks like the danger den ones. that way u can taylor the system to your needs.

also, check out the extreme cooling section on bit-tech forums. There are some knowledgable guyz there:
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/forumdisplay.php?f=31

5. omicronak02

omicronak02 Member

GPU:
    nVidia 6800 GT @ 380/1080
    When i mentioned overclocking I didn't mean that I don't overclock at all, I just don't go for world records so an extreme cooling setup was not required. My main issue here is the loudness of my system, believe it gets to be really loud. Anyhow, my computer is definitly not an office computer, albeit it is not the fastest. I am quite of a gamer and so I do tend to push the limits of my system and video card. So I guess I would like a setup such as a watercooling that will poduce a lot less noise and possibly improve the performance of my system. Thank you all for the quick responses.

6. thepure907

thepure907 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT
    so you are willing to spend 274 $ on watercooling to wuiet it down. why dont you shop around newegg im sure you can stay on air and quiet down your pc without spenidng that

7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    the second u mention any form of overclocking or improving cooling performance over high end air, it starts getting expensive. u really should look into it carefully and make sure u wanna spend the cash. Watercooling is great if u know what to expect and are prepared to spend for that extra edge.

8. thepure907

thepure907 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT
    lol, well its your money, but htats alot of money to invest just to make your pc "quieter"