Nfsu2

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Comradesniper, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Comradesniper

Comradesniper Master Guru

GPU:
    Chaintech 6800GT 256mb
    Pausing in Need For Speed Underground 2

Well this is very strange...

Some of you might remember all the problems i was having a while ago, graphics corruption and restarts. Well, since i bought the new PSU all has been well, apart from one game.

I started playing NFSU2 again, and ive noticed that i get pauses when entering the pause menu from gameplay, going from loading screen to game, going from a shop or other meny back to the game, and from the intro (where the cars all pull up to the start line before a race) to the actualy game view.

Also, during the pause, i see a blue "ghost" of the previous menu if i came from, say, a garage. Its like a blue outline of the turntable and sometimes a bit of the car, transparant like a pixel shader effect has been left on.

The pauses last between 2-6 seconds, in which you get the engine sound stuck on but no music. Ive tried this with Winamp running in the background, and Winamp didn't get interrupted, so it cant be anything locking the computer up but just the game.

Ive installed the 77.30 Drivers, and no luck. Like i said, i get no other problems, 0, zilch, null, nothing in any other programs or games. I would try this on the official forums, but its full of console-ers.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  2. Comradesniper

GPU:
    Chaintech 6800GT 256mb
    I just tried reinstalling the game, that didnt help, nor did taking off Anti Aliasing

EDIT

I also just tried it on minimum detail and 800x600
    Same problem.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2005
  3. danroyle

danroyle Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx 460 1gb 800/1600
    my brother had the same problem running the game on catalyst 4.10 or above on a 9600xt 4.9 or below were fine try an older set of drivers early 66 or similar and see also try lower your graphics settings

4. Comradesniper

GPU:
    Chaintech 6800GT 256mb
    damn thats messed up, its not that old a game.

5. Slaymate

Slaymate Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SLI 800/2000
    The Need For Speed Series were my favorite games for a long time. As soon as they switched the Game to being "Online" they died in my opinion. Instead of being made for the majority of the people (most people still have a Dial-up) they switched to an online cash crop. Charge more to less people = less to no support. EA sucks.

6. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

They still like me a lot and im just waiting for the most wanted.

But before, im going to upgrade to a 6600GT.

7. jAMMER

jAMMER Guest

When did they switch the game to online? Is it online only?

Majority of people are stupid, and 56k sucks. If it were 56k or nothing, I would choose nothing. :heh:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2005
  8. omarmakki

omarmakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GeForce 6800 (12x1,6vp)
    I don't know when it was online... Maybe he just meant that they playing online as an option...:D:D

9. Comradesniper

GPU:
    Chaintech 6800GT 256mb
    anybody give me what drivers they are using and have this thing running smoothly?

10. Comradesniper

GPU:
    Chaintech 6800GT 256mb
    Ok, i just tried it with 67.22
    Nothing
    reinstalled soundcard drivers
    Nothing.

I just dont get it. It worked fine 6 months ago on my old card, then fine on my new card 3 months ago, and since then the only change is my new PSU... and it cant be that because it runs every other game perfectly.

11. AION

AION Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3D HD3850 OC
    My brother has same thing. Also in Rome: TotalWar. He has NF2, AXP2.4GHZ, fx5600.... With my rig, no problems.

And both rigs and no help chancing any drivers..

12. Comradesniper

GPU:
    Chaintech 6800GT 256mb
    It might look like something minor, but it kills the pace of the game stone dead.

13. Comradesniper

GPU:
    Chaintech 6800GT 256mb
    I just tried reinstalling the operating system. Nothing.
    Closing all other running processes. Nothing.
    Upping the priority of the 2 processes associated with the game. Nothing.