Battle Field 2!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by thepure907, Jun 16, 2005.

?

Are you going to buy BF2?!

1. Yes

51 vote(s)
    79.7%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    18.8%
  3. WTF is BF2?

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. thepure907

thepure907 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT
    how many of you are going to buy battlefield 2? i know i have the demo and im definatle going to buy its its awesome

2. Must Kill Ati

Must Kill Ati Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800le
    A must have for its genre.

3. ma77%ew

ma77%ew Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire at. 9800pro
    should of put this in the games forum ?. yeah me too probably

4. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    without a doubt. The haters will never bring this game down in my eyes.

I had it reserved 2 weeks before the demo was even out, I knew it would be a winner.

5. computerdude

computerdude Guest

Hmmmm............with all the trouble people are having with it I might wait to see what kinda patches and fixes they have out for it.

6. Nar

Nar Member

I'm getting the dvd version :)

7. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    Me too, preordered ages ago now.........

Did you get your online trouble sorted mate ??

8. FRAGEYE

FRAGEYE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512MB
    PREORDERED BABYYYY!free headset aswell can't be bad.
    THE question is are you ready?

9. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Probably not, the game looks interesting enough... but I was never a big fan of BF1942 etc. They're just not my types of game I suppose. Though I'll definitely give it a try at some point just in case.

10. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I preordered it the day it appeared on amazon in January.

11. thepure907

thepure907 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT
    jesus.. lol

12. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    Don't know y ppl would hate the game, i find this is the best game of its type, i think we've all played many games, both offline and online.

Offline my fav games would have to be:

Hl2
    Call of duty
    Farcry
    Doom3

Online i've enjoyed

Quake1,Quake3
    Medal of Honour (same as below)
    Call of duty (Although got boring for me after awhile)
    Unreal, Unreal04 (nice graphics but hated movement.)
    Bf1942,bfvietnam. loved all the mods.

But i'm loving the bf2 demo so much at the momment, i'm playing it more then vietnam.lol

But i can't wait for new maps either:)

13. TheGriffin

TheGriffin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Oh yes, Definitly going to buy it.

14. FirePhoenixCtk

FirePhoenixCtk Active Member

GPU:
    X1900xt 512mb
    already bought.. just waiting for it to arrrive, i had it pre ordered as soon as i knew it was coming out which was about 230 days ago now..

15. Roliath

Roliath Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x 6970 crossfire
    I already have this game paid for. Just waiting for it to come out.
    And I also just got another gig for this game mainly. I can't frikin wait!

I already have my headset, and it's okay, but not great.
    Certainly a nice item to have if your a BF2 fan though

16. thepure907

thepure907 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GT
    lol... im going to go preorder it right now :p

17. AnakinSolo2002

AnakinSolo2002 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX580 DCII
    I don't like buying games anymore, I haven't bought one since I bought The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall that was actually worth every single sent I paid for it. Games just aren't worth the money anymore. I'd buy it if it was like $19.99, MAYBE. Although Knights of the Old Republic was the only other game that was worth all 50 dollars. I would probably pay $100 for it if they released it now. I dono what it is, but that game was like back in the day playing Daggerfall over and over and creating new characters... just perfect. (this is even without considering that I'm a Star Wars fan)

Just to prove how much I really liked this game and was willing to pay $50 for it, I'll explain how I met it, lol:

Back in/near around the time it(SW:KotOR) was origionally released for XBOX, one of my old friends had come down to NC, from PA, to hang out like old times, and he brought his xbox. Now, I don't remeber really what other games he had with him, really all I remember was that he had this game called Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic... I go wait, what... what's that?

(you need to know that both my friend and I LOVE Star Wars, and we both loved Daggerfall aswell, YET he had gone the route of nintendo and then he got an XBOX, and played RPG after RPG, and everything else aswell, and I had gone sega>PlayStation>PS2 (sad to say it's been sold... well maybe a ps3 in my future, or well xbox360 hehe even), however I did start playing more PC, and I am realy just a PCgamer now; I never much liked RPG's, save [/i]Daggerfall[/i], which actually brought us into the 3D age, (yes it was 2D sprites but, thats how they figured 3D out, look it all up), but I did like some story influenced things, but most RPGs have been menotaness crap... rather silly, but they are getting better)

He had played through atleast once, and was though about 8 hours on his second(3rd maybe) and I was confused, I was wondering how long the whole thing was... 36+ hours... WTF??? He was there for a week (more like 5 days), we maybe played something on my PS2 for like 2 hours, and 3 hours of whatever else on xbox, the rest was KotOR... I was hooked, I may be a Star Wars fan but I am not a fan of all of the games made about it, most are just crap. This game not only got me back into RPG's but I see it as almost EQUAL to one of the orig 3 movies (4,5,6), which is quite an accomplishment, especially for a game.

He left, I tried to steal his xbox, that didn't happen. I went to gaming stores, and tried to get them to allow me to play KotOR on a display console, they refused... I just about bought one, didn't any money for one. Went on the net in search for something... there must be something I could do. Found BIOWARE, immedialtelly got an account, and IM'd my friend and got his upc code for his xbox version so I could post there (in the parts that are actually worth posting in). Later I found out they were releasing it soon on PC, WAHOO! (I was excited). I hadn't actually played through it entirelly or by my self either (my friend hates to watch other people playing a game, and well I don't mind it barelly at all; I LOVE movies, which might explain that; so I may have played all of 30 minutes of it, and watched the rest, but we didn't get anywhere close to the end), so I was pretty anxious to play it. It was getting closer and closer to the release date. I don't like to preorder games, cost too damn much, so I waited and they were sold out for a while, so I downloaded it...

Ok, ok, I'll get to the point now, lol
    I played it through, straight through, Didn't stop, I skipped class, I had not skipped that much class for months... heh. I probably over a few weeks played it through 3or so times. Yes it was the Dl'd version, and one day, nooo Not because I felt guilty, and noooo Not because it was a SW game, plainly because it was the best game I have played since Daggerfall, and damn I wanted that box and CD's. Some self made CD's just wouldn't do it justice. Plus I could post in the Bioware boards and such...

So let me get this straight, you played the game through 4+ times alread at about 30-40 HOURS each time (for free), and you still afterward went out and bought it for $49.99?

Not only that, but I drove my car(gas$) out to Best Buy and paid for tax as well.

I couln't even tell you how many times I played through that game, or how many hours I've spent in the process.

P.S. Sorry that took so long to say but it was worth it.

OT: BF1942 was GREAT, and prolly worth $20, in my book, BF:V prolly $6... BF2 from what it looks, is gonna replace 1942 entirelly, but I'd rather play K1 or K2 again, or wait for K3(if it comes out). With that being said, If they hadn't released a demo beforehand, there wouldn't have been a chance I would have even considered buying BF2.

18. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    i have it pre-ordered,have been playing the demo non-stop ,should be a great game:D

19. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    wtf is K1 and K2?

20. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    yea im loving the demo i just have one problem with all Battlefield games man.. seems like when i shoot someone they dont die i like have to shoot them 5 or 6 times it pisses me off, all the battlefield games do this!
    i dont no how to word it i just hate the way it shoots and ive always hated the sniper rifles with the ^ as a crosshair i always miss with that i like the + way better!!
    also i find somtimes i would jump like 3 feet down and i would get hurt that pisses me off...
    other then that the game is good