PC version of San Andreas released!!!! Reactions?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by David16k, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Scief

Scief Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT @Ultra
    Omg, I'm getting way too much hype for this game, I'm planning to get a new videocard and I want to play Doom3, Swat4 and other games first...
    That sounds so cool, I want to get to the highway. Not that Carmageddon II is bad, but 640x480 resolution annoys me.

Yeah, the R/C mission in Vice City, with helicopters, I spent very much time with that one. But damn it felt good to complete it.

I really like the gameplay, if my memories from VC are correct, but just imagine how great this game would have been if it was made for PC first, and with Rockstar resources.

I just feel sad for PS2 people who have to use pad for shooting. That is just SO awful.

I thought that this game would rock in performance because it was done to PS2 and ported to PC for so long, but of course they **** it up then.

Now seriously, you who have played this on PC
    Someone already told that the vehicles stay if you go away, but I want someone else to verify that. Please tell me that it's even a bit better than VC.

Thanks for the help with Bold text, I'm such an idiot, I've been usin [IMG ] command so long and I didn't realise that same goes to Bold, I just found out about it from the vB Code section and I thought that it must be configured from there.

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah this game rocks, im in 1280x1024 (TFT) only using 2xAA though as even that looks awesome, everything else ramped to the hilt, and its blistering. :cool:

3. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOT THE B|TCH WORKIN :D

Now it kicks ass for sure :p

If i could only coordinate my moves for those stupid dancing missions....

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well i just got the game i its good in some areas and crap in other.

Bad points
    The match the button press to the music stuff is rubbish,
    Some of the cameras angles are just bloody annoying,
    The story itself is just blah blah blah,
    And most of the music is just dire.

Good points
    Runs great on my PC,
    nice big maps,
    bit better graphically then the previous GTA games.

Not as good as vice city,mabey its time to revamp the whole GTA series.

5. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    Giving the word Gangbanger, a whole new meaning :p
    [​IMG]

6. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti

riiiiiiiiiiiight

7. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    Ok need some help here, how do i increase the lung cappacity ? I am at a mission with Woozie but it won't start unless i have a better lung cappacity.
    Also, how do i make him dive, while swimming (i'm guessing that this is how u increase the lung cappacity) ? :/

Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
  8. blkspade

blkspade Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256MB
    I mostly agree here except the story thus far is okay (matter of opinion there), and you can't blame the game for the music, blame the music for being popular during the period the game is based on. I am liking it more than vice city thus far, there are so many additions I would consider it revamped. RPG like upgradeable character, the visual effects, support for up to 7.1 sound, special vehical features+modibility. The vehical features as a whole aren't really required for gameplay but add to the immersion. Like the wench on the tow truck is operable and you can tow stuff.

9. Sleep

Sleep Guest

I'll tell you my reaction! EXCELLENT GAME!

10. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    Also everyone GET the sawn off shotgun and reach Hitman lvl on it, u get to handle 2 of them at the same time, it's even more enjoyable than the chopper mashine gun !

[​IMG]

PS: why oh why oh why did they have to put in those farkin RC missions again :/

Edit: WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO RC missions r OVER !
    Now i got to learn how to fly :/

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005

11. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    Best way to play it....

Mouse/keyboard when not in vehicle
    Logitech Duel Analog controller for vehicles

And if you guys bored, check what the Police Station has in its bathrooms ;)

12. sonic7

sonic7 Member

GPU:
    Hercules 3D Prophet 9800Pro 128MB
    Yeah, i can verify that, most of the Vehicles stay where they are even if you move away a bit more.
    It`s not like it was in VC anymore, when you leave your Car run around the Block and it was gone... this really is an Improvment. :)

13. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Sounds good but dont you have to go into options and change it to mouse keyboard everytime your on foot so the mouse aiming works?

14. PixelDude

PixelDude Pixelated Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6800GT (Albatron) on a 19" 8ms LCD
    Yeh the cars do stay where they are, well better than VC at least.

I found one strange bug today, the airport in Los Santos is usually locked, but I was able to get in without a pilot license - the gate simply opened :confused: I cant replicate it, so I get a car and jump the fence instead.

LOL the missiles from that police fighter jet are an interesting addition. Stealing that learjet from the airport and attempting to land at Las Vegas airport (when city is locked + four criminal stars) is a challenge.

15. OlharaK

OlharaK Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GF4Ti4400
    Hey ppl anyone got the game crashing in that mission where we have to pick up crates from the national guard base? the game crashes and gives an exe error everytime I finish the mission, very annoying.. any help would be appreciated.

16. Shadowsoldier

Shadowsoldier Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 ti

What is the error?

17. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    i just found the ultimate weapon, a huge dildo ROFLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    i just pissed myself laughing while i hit someone to death with it AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Edit: Most annoying missions so far

1) The RC missions (as usual)
    2) The flying lessons missions (i got so pissed off with these, that i literarely tore the t-shirt i was wearing to shreds....)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  18. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    Nope, my settinsg are now set to mouse/keyboard but my control pad also works and i still get mouse aiming...just a bit anyoying to put the controller down and use mouse/keyboard when you just escape a car and are in a big fight with tha police lolz (played GTA3 and VC on PS2 so was used to those controls)

19. OlharaK

OlharaK Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GF4Ti4400
    Nevermind, I just done other mission and when I came back to that one it worked fine, thx anyways.

20. Rootdown

Rootdown Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX670
    ever since i got this 6800gt it seems like the mipmapping or af is not working correctly in all the three latest gta games. does anyone else have a problem with this? and yes i have enabled mipmapping in SA. the gta games look better on my ti4200(that's just wrong). the gta series are the only games that have this problem with my card.