Forceware 77.30!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Garak, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

Running just great here on my pc, all settings on max @ 1280 x 960 x 75hz (17" CRT). Fraps reports mid 60's to mid 70's with 4x AA and video set to performance, I lost approximately 10fps using quality and around 15 fps using high quality, otherwise it's clean and clear.

Online servers appear to be working well.

Gotta love the tanks :) some weapons seem a little less accurate and I'm guessing it's the armoured vests that make body shot kills harder to achieve, headshots rule now.

The removal of certain .bik files from the Movies folder makes booting real fast, I went back and did it to BF1942 and BFV as well as some other games, that to me has to be tip of the week.

Two weeks until full release, I've already preordered my copy.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2005
  2. shades3k

shades3k Guest

GPU:
    ATI 4870 512MB
    512mb ram just doesn't cut it well in this game, or future games. Time to chuck in another 512 stick for less than £30.

3. MetaSparks

MetaSparks Guest

Can't get Riddick to play. Bitches about not having OpenGL 1.3 capable drivers. Used driver cleaner 3 to switch from 72.13 HD to 77.30 that came with the BF2 Demo. Any help appreciated.. still haven't finished Riddick and still want to play BF2!

:)

4. sean8102

sean8102 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    After I installed these drivers BF2 worked fine. However like someone else on here said I had GTA San Andreas Give me a BSOD after I Turned AA on. When I rebooted I was able to turn it on and I havent Had it happen agian. Just wondering Dose anyone else here get realy bad coruption when you turn AA to 3 on GTA San Andreas? (Had it happen on 71.89 also). Other then that one thing so far theve been good. :)

5. lohoutlaw

lohoutlaw Active Member

GPU:
    2 X 8800GTS 640Mb in SLI
    Drivers

These driver rock!!

ForceWare 77.30 Win2000/XP
    I have been search and searching drivers that would allow me to play Mohaa Spearhaed and Battle Field 2.
    Along with Coolbits 2 they rock

Great job to all and thank you

6. DrSiN

DrSiN Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Set sound quality to Low if you get stuttering in game , i did it and now its fine.

im using the res hack 1280x1024 2aa everything on max 64 man server. "feels" like im gettign 40-50fps average but i havnt got fraps installed at the moment so i couldnt confirm it.

And yes im using the 77.30's

7. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6950
    Best way is to replace the RndrGL.dll file in (Drive Letter):/Program Files/Starbreeze Studios/RiddickEFBB/System/Win32_x86_SSE2 with the one from the downloadable Riddick Demo, game will then work with any drivers or patch the game to ver 1.1 http://www.3dgamers.com/games/chroniclesriddick/downloads/

Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
  8. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
    2 x NVIDIA GeForce 6800ultra (SLI)
    Guys - 77.30 ideal for BF2 is a myth! 77.13 works perfectly too. If you prefer 77.13 cos of other games - just keep it until the offical drivers from Nvidia.

9. AQUILES

AQUILES Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Thanks for the version international :) ... i like my drivers in spanish :D .

10. CrimsonCleaver

CrimsonCleaver Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    Well Battlefield 2 is amazing, the total opposite to Pariah.

With Pariah I had pre-ordered it before the demo, then saw the ****ty multiplayer demo and spyware that gets installed.

Now BF2, runs amazingly well maxed out, lowest fps I get is 55-60, which is very smooth. Just had a game on an unlimited server, 64 people, planes were flying between buildings, helicopters were anhilating tanks, and soldiers were getting blown into the air, and the fps went down to 60 lol. Can't wait to see the other maps.

11. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    maybe you're forgetting that you have a badass killing PC, aren't you? I bet it's not gonna that fast on mine. :rolleyes:

12. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
    Yep - BF2 is bloody amazing and addictive! I don't think that i'll upgrade my RAM to 2gb because my BF2 runs perfectly with lighting toned down. Even at 1600x1200 with AAx4 and AFx16. I bet min FPS was 60. No slowdowns at all.

Besides, EA has not said that 2gb is recommended. I think it is a bug that cause lagging when lighting turned on on some PCs. When I was inside of battleship, the lighting was turned on when i moved about - deffo a bug. I checked every site and all said 1gb is recommended. Don't think EA is stupid enough to state 2gb is recommended, otherwise BF2 would not be popular.

Mind you I am using 77.13, i am wondering what the performance will be like when the next offical drivers from Nvidia is out.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  13. CrimsonCleaver

CrimsonCleaver Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800GTS 640MB
    Yes I do have a kick ass machine...which many games before haven't utilised effectively. I am sorry but I can't help having a kick ass machine. Alot of people on these forums do, so you can ignore my posts of performance if your machine isn't of a similar spec.

Look just try the demo, turn the settings down and see what it's like. This isn't just a graphics game, you soon forget about that. The gameplay is awesome. I must admit I am a bit annoyed that the game isn't very scalable. My friend has a laptop and we just couldn't even get the game to open and the drivers won't install. So we're just going to play Battlefield Vietnam against each other.

It's the same with Everquest II, I had 5 mates playing World Of Warcraft which we found got boring (might change now Battlegrounds have finally been introduced), but Everquest II is more interesting. Again problems with graphics came up because my other 4 mates couldn't play the game, and only one could.

It might be an idea for game developers to produce games with basically two graphics engines that translate well. For instance having Battlefield 2 have a low range graphics engine and a high end range one like it does now. They'd sell loads more copies.

I recomend 2GB for the loading times, they can be pretty long. I do think lighting requires the 2GB at the moment, you know what DICE and EA are like, their coding is never spot on. Patches from them will most likely have minor fixes. I am hoping this X-fi technology from Creative means a new sound card and speaker set that can have 7.1 digital sound which I would be interested in.

I'd also try the 77.30 drivers included with the demo, performance is slightly better and they fix shadow issues.

14. Raz K

Raz K Member

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GTX
    Installed the 77.30 forceware and it gave me a 600pt jump in 3DMark2001se so I'm happy to stick with it :)

Battlefield 2 is great but I'm trying to get the smoothest settings whilst keeping the smart look, so far I've got everthing on 'High' with lighting and dynamic lighting on 'Medium' and its still a little bumpy in places - I'm running it with at 1024 x 768 @ 85hz any suggestions?

15. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    Why not 2005?
    3Dmark05 gives you a good idea how your card will work on Unreal3 engine i think...

16. DeadFish

DeadFish Member Guru

GPU:
    Raz K - Set lighting to low because of your RAM, set it to high could cause stuttering. I set mine to low because I have 1gb of RAM too and the game is smooth, no slowdowns at all.

17. scupking

scupking Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT (675, 1950)
    I have everything set to high with no problems and also have 4x AA and 16x AF on. I have 1.5GB of ram.

18. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

3dmark03 and 05 are static benchmarks and don't represent how ANY game will run on any system

they are merely for people trying to measure thier XXXX's using thier computers

19. Jelle Mees

Jelle Mees Banned

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB 684Mhz/1836Mhz/2088Mhz
    xxxx's ???

20. {HLH}

{HLH} Guest

CXXk Size