PC version of San Andreas released!!!! Reactions?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by David16k, Jun 7, 2005.

1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No, it's still there. VERY annoying. I found this nice sports card, and went to work out. When I got back out, it was gone :mad:

2. MaXThReAT

MaXThReAT Guest

I must say I'm pretty impressed with the PC-ver. The heat haze that come outs and makes it look really hot is great and it has some long distance blue fog that look sweet Light blooms are still there. I've been hooked on this game since Tue. The graphics aren't the best but honestly better than I was expecting. So far my cars always stay. If I go work out or go eat and come out hours later their still there. I can drive about two blocks down the road and cars I leave there are still there. All the people change but my car is still there. Cars even stay in the street after I walk in my house and save my game.

3. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    WildStyle, setting the game's EXE for compatibility mode for Win98. see if that helps @ all. some people elsewhere on the net said that it helped for them

Currently with my system, its running great. i have it for PS2 as well but its so much better (easier to control, better higher res, QUICK AS HELL load times) than the PS2 version. only problem is i work 8 to 5 so i have little time to play it in the evenings due to going to the gym/eating, doing stuff with friends. figures this game comes out during the best week of weather Roch. has had in a long time (its gona be 90 degrees here today!!!) :eek:

4. HEATsynk

HEATsynk Guest

I like the graphics a lot on the pc version, they obviously kill the ps2's. I have it on PC and PS2 and am pleased more with the pc version. Just waiting for all the mods.

5. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    :eek: BADABOOM !!! I can hardly wait till tomorrow. Thanks for your input and pics, all!

Got my PC tuned up like never before. Ready to Rock 'n' Ride... :cool:

6. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    :eek: Duuuude!!

I had tried Win2000 compatibility mode but not 98.

Muchos gracias.

Apparently I'm a n00b for not knowing this but software bores me, I have no interest in it. Hardware is where it's at for me. Let me tell you KYANER, I would consider you a complete n00b for thinking your XMS3700 v1.1 had BH-6 IC's and ran @ 250 3-4-4-x w/ 2.6v. :D Sammy TCCC my friend.

7. blkspade

blkspade Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256MB
    That's an interesting way of looking at it, since the main character in all the GTA games has been a "thug". Ofcourse your use of thuggish is more or less referring to it being more African-American based. The graphics are at least DX8 and that is with it set to low qual with this god-forsaken 5200 (GT RMA).

I have had such a string of bad luck lately it's a shame. This is the first GTA PC I have actually decided to buy, since previously I would buy PS2 one first then dl PC, and wouldn't you know my drive wouldn't even recognize it. I had to down-flash firmware to see it for an install, then it stopped seeing it again after a reboot so I couldn't play it. So I flashed down even further to see it again and play it. For now it appears to be holding steady but I will still borrow a dvd-rom from work just to be safe.

8. no, it isn't a race thing, i didn't like the thug theme either but the gameplay was still awesome. i prefer the mafia theme of the last two gta games. there is a BIG difference between mafioso people and street thugs. different kinds of scum.

9. Handy Daddy

Handy Daddy Guest

hmm, the graphics engine is indeed similar to VICECITY but it's tweaked and so, i have to say graphics don't mean much when gameplay is that good, don't you agree? :)

10. evilcircuit

evilcircuit Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 6800 OC w/Zalman VF700-
    I get lots of poping and other sound glitches with my sb live 5.1, uninstalled it and tried my onboard and no more sound glitches.

11. sound popping can be cured by disabling spread spectrum options in motherboard bios, tweaking sound card and gpu pci latencies, and sometimes it's caused by ps/2 port activity so switch over to usb keyboard and mouse if you can. or it could be a fault of the game engine itself.

12. blkspade

blkspade Master Guru

GPU:
    I was mostly focusing on his relation of the term thug to being black. In our current generation I suppose it is excusable, but traditionally all these guys would be considered thugs. For instance in with the mafia theme, if your not the guy on top you're just one of his thugs.

13. what about what he said made you think he meant black people? many people are too eager to jump on the politically correct bandwagon. and if he did mean it the way you said. so what? if he doesn't want to play as black people in games you can't make him like that.

and i wouldn't have liked the game if it were any street thugs, wether it be mexican thugs(there are actually mexican thugs in the game) or asian thugs. bring back the mafia theme!(the italians! japanese yakuza are also cool.).

and the mafioso people that aren't on top aren't called thugs, they are called soldiers. they are commanded by lietunents. they have a militia command structure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2005
  14. Roccer

Roccer Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080Ti XC ULTR
    i take it that it worked then? ;) if hopefully so, then enjoy :D

15. WildStyle

WildStyle Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah man, works fine. Still don't see why I am forced to run it this way and why it doesn't work straight after install like it should, but never mind!

16. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    im hoping its easy enough to map the controls to my ps2 pad (with kiki joy x-series)

Otherwise it will be way to easy with the mouse when shooting and way to rubbish with a keyboard while driving!

17. S_Kinton

S_Kinton Ancient Guru

GPU:
    512mb 8800GT & 22" Samsung LCD
    mate, nothing was even remotely hinted about the term thug being related to black people....ive never known it to be, its a general term for low level street criminals and thats what gram meant

18. sohman

sohman Member

GPU:
    AOpen Aeolus 6800GT 256MB
    TRY UPDATIN DRIVERS OF YOUR SB LIVE.

19. sohman

sohman Member

GPU:
    AOpen Aeolus 6800GT 256MB
    JUST BROUGHT IT TODAY (UK), WILL PLAY IT SOON. FAN OF GTA SERIES FROM 3 TO SAN ANDREAS.

20. blkspade

blkspade Master Guru

GPU:
    Ok I may have been inaccurate in in specifically saying black, but I still say that saying this one is thuggish compared to the others is wrong. As with the mafioso as you put it that ma be how thing are internally amongst themselves, but to every other non-criminal person they are just thugs. They are certainly not soldiers to anyone except themselves, as the same is with street gangs considering themselves soldiers. The only difference is one group would be proud to be called thug, while the other would be less so even though they still are. All the GTA games had street thugs, GTA3 gave those thugs personality, which would have them project themselves as something other than thug, GTA:VC gave the main character personality. While he wouldn't call himself one, still a thug. Now in GTA:SA, exact same principle with different environmental focus. So really the difference between these thugs and the prior is the ghetto. Instead of seeing as thuggish, it is ghetto. Heck I'm from Philly and we got it all, jeans and boots thugs, Armani suits thugs.