GUILD WARS and 6800's!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by tahma, Jun 9, 2005.

1. tahma

tahma Active Member

Okay people, I purchased this game 2 days ago, great AMAZING graphics and game play I must say. When I installed them I was using the 76.45 drivers, the VERY first time i booted them game i got BSOD and it rebooted!! I went ahead and did a remove / driver cleaner in safe mode / reboot / installed 77.13 drivers!

SO far no BSOD or crash during game play, everything is set to MAX / AA x3 and it runs fine and dandy @ 1024x768 ( any smaller and you can't read the messages ) BUT when i EXITED the game just now I GOT BSOD AGAIN! ( atlest it's not during game play )

I'm wondering what the best drivers are for this game? Has anyone here with GUILD WARS got BSOD also? IS this a game issue that requires a patch or issue with 6800 gt / ultras and it's drivers?

Any help would be great :D

2. sykozylot

sykozylot Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 7600go 512mb
    i'm usin XG 71.84 for guildwars no problems at all. do have a very different card though.

3. kapster

kapster Member

GPU:
    evga 6800 ultra (425/1200)
    i too have had this problem and as far as i can tell nothing i do fixes it. I had best luck with the official 71.89s on nvidias site.

Now just yesterday I tried the 77.13's and i was very sceptical but so far is has been good. I too got the BSOD's on exit, which let me tell u is a welcome change from the BSOD's during a 4 hour run in underworld.

4. Skaarix

Skaarix Guest

5. tahma

tahma Active Member

it's an awsome game, beautiful graphics with my gainward 6800 GT ( overclocked to beyond ultra ofcourse ) But no other games BSOD on me EVER, that's including WoW. Gainward 6800 GT GS is made to be overclocked so I know that's not the issue...

I hope they solve the issue soon and patch it up :D I'll try memtest, i got 2 x samsung 512 pc3200 @ 171mhz ( Amd AhtlonXP 3000 @ 171fsb x 13 )

6. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    beyond eh??? what are your gpu/mem speeds??

7. Skaarix

Skaarix Guest

I found out that my RAM was bad at higher spots on the chart... 1014Mb and something like 450Mb... so it's not untill I fully use all the RAM before the game craps out.

*EDIT*

What part of the game are you at? I'm about to fight myself... almost at the end and I've started to experience this a little before that.

8. tahma

tahma Active Member

430/1235

And I'm starting to think it's the ram and the OCing i'm doing, i was forced to take down my OC from 181mhz x 13 to 171 ( it's set to 1:1 ) i might just change it to 4:3 or something so i can take the FSB higher while keeping ram mhz @ about 166 or so ( even tho it's suppost to be pc3200 ) i think amd athlonXP 3000 chips are just horrible overclockers.

As for how far in the game, i just started 2 days ago man, played ess than 9 hours...mostof which i was oooing and aaaaahing at the places i was at and not doing quests, i'm at level 4 now :p

9. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    turn your overclocks down, or off and play awhile...see what happens. I havent had a single issue with this game and my rig on right.

10. tahma

tahma Active Member

yeah i tried that and lowered the OCing in general...still gives BSOD...i think its a game issue on some rigs not all, not sure how to explain it, but BSOD at exit is better than BSOD during the first 2secs of gaming lol

11. Skaarix

Skaarix Guest

You can have it so you can read the BSOD and figure out what's causing it.

Just go to "System" in your "Control Panel" and then "Advanced" -> "Startup and Recovery -> Settings" -> "Automactilly Restart"

Uncheck that box... the next time your machine will BSOD, you'll be able to read the whole thing.

@tahma
    I am running x4 AA/ x8 AS with 1280x1024 and Guild Wars gives me a very fluid gameplay... it's just these hiccups I'm having with random boots. Sometimes I can play for a little while, other times I get into the game, take one step and POOF... PC resetting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2005
  12. ijjz

ijjz Member

GPU:
    Leadtek WinFast A400 TDH
    I've been having problems with guildwars also since i switched to my 6800 coming from a 4200.

I've been getting sparatic pure white grounds and lags to no belief. I've gotten a BSOD though I'm not sure if its cause of the 6800 or the raid. (no i can't remember what it said) Plus I've had GW crash twice but I sent in the error reports to AreaNet.

I'm using the official 71.89 from nvidia's site.

Though things ran fine for a week with the new card, but then it started to get buggy, so far since I've lowered my OC on my cpu it seems to fun fine now. I've been running at 3.2 ghz for over 6 months now, plenty of cooling. =\

13. tahma

tahma Active Member

I'll take it off the auto reboot to see what it actually says, i know it's smething about video adapter, i was able to read some of it quickly during one of the reboots. I'll forward the info to arenanet and hopefully they will patch it up.

14. sjh220

sjh220 Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 Ultra XXX
    had the same problem bsod always related to nvidia drivers, tried various ones all same bsod, then tried reducing overclock on cpu/memory bsods stopped , game dosent seem to tolerate overclocking cpu as much as other games

15. Skaarix

Skaarix Guest

My issue I thought was related to overclocking, it's not. I thought it was my bad RAM, so I removed the bad stick of RAM and my PC still reboots... this time my sound gets choppy, the game comes to a crawl and then it locksup. I think it's the newest Creative Labs drivers...

Before them everything was running like a top, once I formatted [when I got the 6600GT a few weeks ago] and I installed the newest sound drivers, things started to go downhill from there... I have yet again formatted and reinstalled the older drivers to see if this helps my problem.

If this doens't help my problem, I am out of ideas and I will throw my PC through a wall.