Menu, icon, and desktop corruption after stand by

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by NerdBird, Apr 18, 2005.

1. NerdBird

NerdBird Member

GPU:
    Leadtek Winfast PX8800 GT
    Hi all,

Is anyone else having a problem with corrupted graphics on the desktop when they resume from stand by? This has been happening on my system with all the releases after 67.66 including the official sets. Rebooting clears it up but the next time I come out of stand by I have the same problem. Is there a magic setting that has been changed since 67.66? Please see my system configuration. My display is a Viewsonic VP201s connected via DVI if that makes any difference.

Thank you!

2. Smotz

Smotz Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 640 Superclocked
    Same Here

Having the same issue!

3. Geecko

Geecko Guest

I wonder if you actually need to use power-saving feature, i turn it off and never use it, recommended to turn it off if you ask me , unless you have specific use.

4. NerdBird

NerdBird Member

GPU:
    It's not essential but it's a feature that has worked fine in earlier driver sets and I find it convenient. I was just curious to know if it was something I was doing wrong while installing newer drivers, a setting that got changed between versions that I could adjust, or if it's something others have noticed but have simply chosen to ignore.

5. Smotz

Smotz Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 640 Superclocked
    Standby is something I use often.

6. NerdBird

NerdBird Member

GPU:
    Stand by still has the same problem on my system with driver set 77.13. I guess Nvidia doesn't know or care about the problem... which seems to only effect two of us, anyway. I'm not willing to do without it so I guess I'm stuck at 66.76 until whatever was accidentally changed to break the feature is accidentally changed again to fix it. LOL Oh well.