About Mp3 Players...(mini 512mb ones)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by PcKSnipE, May 31, 2005.

1. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    MY friend said that many of these break really easily, both physically (duh), and from use. He said that everyone he knows mp3 plauer, just stopped woring after like a couple of months.

Is this true? I'm thinking of getting a Creative MuvO TX FM 512mb...

2. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7600GS 256mb / Radeon 9550 32mb
    They will break, if you drop them or something. Nothing is indestructable. An MP3 player cannot break from use alone though as it has no moving parts. Who ever told you that is a little confused. My Dad has had his iRiver 512mb for about five months and he's happy with it.

The Creative players are nice. Check out iRivier too.

3. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    Thanks mate, i know what u mean by they break, but there are a lot of people on the net complaining their mp3 players just stopped working after some time, and they didn't even drop it once, my friend's stopepd working after 9 months.

Most of the ones that break are the really small ones, like the 256mb, the ones like 2 GB plus last...weird...

4. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's likely he had one of those noname ones. They shouldn't just stop working as they have no moving parts. Strange.

5. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    What ya guys think is a good mp3 player besides that creative one?

What about the MSI Mega Stick 258? I reckon it looks really nice and has nice features, but i'm bit uncomfortable with its availability, and how much trouble i would have to go through if something does go wrong. I can get a creative from a shop 15 mins from my house.

What good brand players below 200 AUD, preferably 150 AUD, preferably 512mb are there? Mainly looking for good sound quality

6. Neal

Neal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Ti4200 128mb
  7. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    He said he didn't want to spend more than $200. I agree though, iRiver is one of the best. Stay away from iPod Shuffle. They have great sound but really short battery lives. 2h on a fixed Li-ion compaired to the 16h the iRivers gets with a single typical AAA.

The iRivier iFP-975T 512mb is $170CND, which is close to Aussie dollars. The 256mb one is $120CND. They both come with an FM tuner and a voice recorder.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2005
  8. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    Wow, iRiver is nice, i'm gonna look around for some models. Yea thanks orenda for stressing that point again, i don't want anything more than 200 dollars, bc i'm not a really hardcore music guy.

9. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    iriver's are nice. They sound good and will last forever. "My" iriver, I found on the sidewalk, and it became mine. Still works. Its a 512MB flash model.

10. Neal

Neal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Ti4200 128mb
    lol nice...

-

sorry i didnt read the 200 Dollars part...

mmm i have a 512mb for just under a year now and i think its pants, i always want to put on more music, then again i am quite hardcore with my music collection. Just think it for being futureproof cos these things are expensive, but get superceeded months after u buy it. By the way avoid ibead 200s, mine has given me nothing but trouble

11. orenda635

orenda635 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I think the most I ever found on the sidewalk was a quarter. I guess some people have all the luck. :D

12. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    IRiver's are nice, but man they are a bit too expensive, for a 256 meg one i have to pay 199 bucks...

U know theres a shop nearby selling a Samsung 1 Gig mp3 player for 160 bucks, isn't that 1337?

13. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    iRiver is probably the best MP3 player you could ever get. They are better than the Ipod, and any other competition out there. They are "THE" MP3 player.

14. Roberto88h

Roberto88h Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 9600GT 512MB
    I just bought a nomad muvo n200 1GB and I love it. These can be found for around $120-$130. You would probably want to buy new headphones for it though. The ones that came with mine, while not the worst sounding headphones I've ever had, are definitely the most uncomfortable ones but that may just be me. I love the player itself, it's small, has many features, and the price for mine was pretty hard to beat. iRiver's are suposed to be real good too, but I've only had experience with Creative.

I would seriously consider the 512MB or 1GB N200 flash player from Creative.

15. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    Ya i'm going for the Creative MuVo n200 512 meg, final decision

16. sonic7

sonic7 Member

GPU:
    Hercules 3D Prophet 9800Pro 128MB
    That`s weird just bought an Iriver iFP-895 (512MB) a few Weeks ago for 129€ better check more than just one Reseller. :rolleyes:

17. PcKSnipE

PcKSnipE Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT with Nv-5
    Wow Einstein, i think i did, when i went to check out mp3 players, a 256 meg mp3 player in most department stores were around 190 AUD.

K couldn't get the Creatibe n200, but i got a TX FM, with really good sony headphones, which actually matters to me.

18. stefanie

stefanie Master Guru

GPU:
    xfx geforce 5500 oc 336/430
    RIO makes some nice low end and top end MP3 players. I have had my oldest for 4 years and still works like the first day I uploaded some music into it.:) I am going to Purchase a Creative next, but the iRiver sure does look tempting.

19. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    Im using the Rio S30s and im very happy with it! :)