moh aa problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by archie123, May 31, 2005.

1. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Ive recently started playing through my moh games again but im getting strange glitches with the graphics.

i cant seem to get v sync to work in game so ive limited the frames to a max of 60 in the console. (just so you know the frames are constantly 60 never vary)

this seems to have solved the tearing affect from wall corners , door frames etc.

But now it seems to be happening everywhere else? Its hard to explain but ill try.

If for example im looking at a flat wall and pan up and down i get a kind of tearing effect going on in several places kinda like hrizontal lines or waves of glitches just like the tearing i get when i dont limit the fps and the framerate goes sky high.

this isnt so bad but when your running about it gets a little freaky and i end up feeling sick after ten minutes :mad:

so is this a glitch with the game (i dont remember it being like this but i aint played for years and my system has improved a great deal since my first pc)

is it because you cant enable v sync? am i wrong in thinking limiting the fps to 60 or 85 is the same thing (im using a crt monitor) ive tried setting v sync at the desktop but for some strange reason it sets my fps to 91 in game not 85 at my monitors refresh rate.

ive tried nv refresh but the game wont even boot with that running?

sorry if im rambling but im trying to cover all the angles here so as not to be wasting your time :p

ive tried using screenshots so you can see what im waffling about but after half an hour and about a hundred screenshots a cant seem to catch it

cheers

Darren

2. desdick

desdick Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 6800 PCIe 256mb
    MOH AA has made me sick all the while

3. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    ?????? why waste both our times with that reply?

4. col888

col888 Active Member

GPU:
    6800 Flashed to GT 16xP 6xVS @ 410C 920M w/ VF700
    do you get artifacts in other games?

its odd if u only get artifacts in moh aa, but if so its probably a bug in the game or something.

5. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    im not getting any artifacts

6. woody55

woody55 Member

I had the same happen with mohaa and cod with certain drivers, My problem went away with a diver change. Hopefully your problem is this simple.

7. col888

col888 Active Member

GPU:
    6800 Flashed to GT 16xP 6xVS @ 410C 920M w/ VF700
    I agree check ur drivers n maybe update medal of honour, apart from that I cant help, soz.
    At least it sounds like ur ultra is working ok.

8. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

Is there any patch to install for moh aa? If it does, download it.

Maybe is a driver bug.
    You can check it in the drivers info from the official page. If theyre not official, just try other ones.

9. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    since i discovered this marvellous forum many months ago ive done nothing but d/l and benchmark differant drivers :cool: i think ive pretty much got every conceivable nvidia driver on my hard drive he he.
    ive tried loads of differant ones modded, non modded, whql and its always the same :( . i heard it was an issue with the new gpu's and the game but im unable to find anything about it on the net so i think that might have been a lie lol.

the game is fully updated i think because im playing it online.

funnily enough if i turn aa and af off it practically goes away but the game looks awful :p

thanks for your help :D

10. desdick

desdick Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 6800 PCIe 256mb
    Try emulating a different card with 3d analyze (crappy software). Hope it works.

11. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Ill try that mate.......if you tell me how :p