Star Wars III - Just saw it! ;)

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Saeid, May 18, 2005.

1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well, I finally got around watching it tonight, and it was pretty much as I expected. Good entertainment, and sparky effects with loads of action. As a film though, it didn't work out too well. Actors were so-and-so, and the story was, well, what you would expect from Lucas. Afterall I'm pretty pleased, especially after episode 1 & 2. I liked all the darkness and evil though! Not so much sugary good side love picnics ;)

2. RussianEmpire

RussianEmpire Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800 NU 16.1 6.1 stock @ 430 870 for benches
    well everybody that ever used lighning used their hands for it and vader had mechanical hands or it might just short curcuit him :vader:

3. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    Erm, Force lightning changed Palpatine because he was releasing the power of the dark side, which twists and torments the user, not the person being shocked (well, they do get frizzled but you know what I mean)

4. Paulus

Paulus Master Guru

GPU:
    7900GTX
    well i just saw it, thought it was very cheesey and predictable, I would have to say that these prequals really sucked imo of course! I'm more of a trekky, i like my realism!

Last edited: May 26, 2005

5. tsot

tsot Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT PCI-e 256MB
    i agree with paulus for sure! It was boring as hell! There are only so many times you can watch someone wave a glowing stick around for 3 hours b4 it becomes boring!! I thought it was so cheesy as well! "she is dead" "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"
    Original!

6. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    :funny:

OMG, this comment almost made me pee in my pants. Star Trek is realistic -- too funny :D

7. tsot

tsot Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800GT PCI-e 256MB
    well of course it isnt but it is based on scientific theories!

8. Paulus

Paulus Master Guru

GPU:
    7900GTX
    well alot is based on true theory's . The writers are subscribers of new scientist magazine....

Agreed not totally realistic of course, but it sure is respectively to star wars

9. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    If that's the case, Count Dookoo must have had some SPF10000000000000000 suntan lotion on when he used force lightning.

10. blkspade

blkspade Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256MB
    Well all things considered, since the series was released out of order, it would have to be "predictable". If you saw the originals anyway.

11. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    Dooku's lightning was easily held back, think of it as beginner's sparkies. :D

12. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm sorry.. but this made me laugh so hard. True theories huh? :p

13. GeoTube

GeoTube Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 6600
    Well I have a true theory about how the Moon is made of cheese and the scent of it is what makes us go a bit crazy at full moons. =]

14. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    Thats pretty weak. But it's star wars, no matter the plot holes, I'll watch.

15. RussianEmpire

RussianEmpire Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800 NU 16.1 6.1 stock @ 430 870 for benches
    lol dooku was a noob

16. Retroborg

Retroborg Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 8GB
    [Spoilers]

I watched the film yesterday.
    I loved the opening battle between the droid’s fleet & the republic’s star destroyers.
    It looked amazing! They got that idea from the numerous Japanese Anime/Games, where huge SpaceShip fleets collidewith excessive use of lasers & various other weapons, like in Robotech/Macross, Gal Foce, etc… But most of all it reminded me of the battle between the 2 fleets in the 2nd level of RayForce, only this one was taking place very close to the planet’s surface.
    I Also liked General Grievous’ flagship, it was so cool the way it got right next to the StarDestroyer & both sides started firing the canons like in Captain Harlock in Arcadia, last battle scene.

Personally I was with the droid army. They looked cooler. Especially the 2 body guard-warrior droids with those cool energy spears. (Except for the basic droid soldiers. Their heads looked hilarious for an action epic film.)
    The General himself was both cool & funny. I kind of felt sorry for him in the end.

The 2 actors playing Obi-Wan & Anakin looked like wimps.Very bad choices for those roles. Luke Skywalker in the previous trilogy sucked & looked gay. The cheapest thing I noticed in this trilogy was how easily the Jedi Knights could reflect thousand’s of lasers with just one sword. I mean come on how fast can you get? Maybe if they were using the energy shield’s from Phantom Menace, but not with 1 sword!
    Most hilarious part was the Coliseum scene in part 2 where the 20 Jedi’s even though were overwhelmed & surrounded, they lasted with minimum loses against 1000 battle droids that were firing lasers at them simultaneously!
    Yeah right!
    This wasn’t as bad in the previous trilogy.

I didn’t feel sorry for the Jedi’s slaughtered in the end, but it felt very cheap of how easily & fast they were put down by the storm troopers in relation to when the droids were trying to. (They didn’t lack fire power either) Why couldn’t they reflect the lasers like they did with the droids? The storm troopers were much less in the assassination scenes.
    Most of the Jedi’s looked like retards imo.

The battle between the emperor & Master Yoda was cool.

I don’t understand why they showed the battle in the Yuki’s home planet? It was irrelevant to the rest of the plot.

Also I never imagined the way the Anakin was injured in the end. I always thought that he had been injured in the destruction a Star Destroyer or something similar & barely escaped with his life. The Volcano battle scenes were laughable! There is no way they could have survived over an active volcano & without even having a sweat!

It was stupid the way they put Anakin on the operating table & started operating, without even bothering to take off his burned clothes, clean him up or treat his 3rd degree burns that had covered most of his body.

Other than that, I agree that the scripts were very poor compared to “Attack of the Clones” (The conversation between Obi-Wan & Count Dukou were cool & the scripts involving Christopher Lee in general from the previous film, were perfect) it would have been better if Christopher Lee had played a larger role in SWIII, the dialogues would have been a lot better.

[End Spoilers]

If one loves excessive use of modern special effects & fan of the originals saga, then they will love SWIII, if not stay away!

Best actors in the series imo:

Ser Aleck Guiness
    Christopher Lee
    James Earl Jones (Voice)
    Ian McDiarmid

Best Star Wars films imo:

Star Wars II – Attack of the Clones
    Star Wars V – Empire Strikes Back

17. Kyaner

Kyaner Hellenic Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 700/1680/1000
    U forgot the scene where Samuel L. Jackson along with 3 Jedi Master's goes to arrest Palpatine and the later just kills them with a couple of direct light saber swings....

18. Retroborg

Retroborg Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 1070 8GB
    Yeah I thought it was funny that 2 old guys (Palpatine & Douku) were so strong with a light sabre. (Never mind if they were Sith masters they were still very old)

I also find it weird that Samuel Jackson would have eventually killed Palpatine if Anakin hadn't interfered, but Master Yoda who was supposed to be the most powerful Jedi, couldn't beat him later in the movie.

19. bug77

bug77 Banned

GPU:
    Palit 8800GT
    You can always add the 'hide the kids' stuuf to that.

Let's hide the kids in two places of the galaxy no one would look for them:
    1. with the man that (indirectly) rescued them;
    2. with his own family.

This was obviously well planned (and somehow worked, and the other episodes prove)!

20. PistolGripPump

PistolGripPump Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 896MB
    Went to go see it last saturday and it wasn't that great, the begining was cool but after awhile the movie just got boring and I was about ready to fall asleep.