Best Drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by Fr@nKy, May 23, 2005.

1. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    Can you tell me (and give me a link) for which do you think are the best MODDED or not to get the best performance for a NVIDIA Graphic Card (in this case a GF4 4400 Ti)?? I would appreciate it!! Thanks!!

2. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    And of course best performance with at least the same quality od the official ones!!

3. Svenstaro

Svenstaro Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800 GT @ Ultra
    oh man this is so tiring, people always yell to "show me the best driver for my card". but the people who spend their time to answer all say: "you have to make your own experiences for your card" and thats what im going to say now :) sorry but its true, I recommend you to test some of the recent drivers and run some benchmarks and tweak around with them. There are some cool guides around for that just look around guru3d.com and its forums.

4. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    I'm going to try the Xtreme G!! For what i've reada are better than the NGO!! Where can I download the latest version of it?

5. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    Guru3D downloads section/Graphics card drivers Nvidia modified

Drivers d/load link

6. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    I hust don't understand!! NGO 73.00 is newer than 76.50?? Which is the best set?? Between these two??

7. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
  8. insane

insane Member Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT (400/1100)
    NGO = Fastest Performance(higher fps), Lower IQ (Image Quality)
    XG = Faster Performance(little higher fps than stock nvidia), Same IQ, or a little higher than nvidia

Nvidia = Avg Performance Avg IQ dependent on how you set the IQ meter

9. nirvek

nirvek Member

GPU:
    Mobile Intel 915GM
    for gf4 fastest was 44.03 for me

10. kovboi

kovboi Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    I like the NGO 76.50, but a lot of people swear by the XGs. I suspect the NGOs are better for lower end systems given the higher fps and lower IQ, though I can't really say that I've noticed a decrease in image quality from the official forceware drivers. Be sure you check to see whether the drivers will support a GF4 card, tho.

11. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    The NGO are great for my GF4!! The decrease of IQ e very small!! And the increse of Performance is great!! Especially after OC it like on the Official Drivers!! My Graphic Card is set by default for GPU: 275 MHz and Mem: 550 MHz!! After testing it on the last summer I went to a value of 300/600 that is stable even when the temperature goes over 40ÂșC on the outside!! The increase of this OC is small over the Official Drivers, but over the NGO ones it boosts near double on % by OC!! Of course all this withou testing the configs on 3D Mark!! What do you think?

12. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    One more thing on the poll ehys is it XG winning if on the test the best were NGO?

13. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    And with all the reading trough the Forum I'm still confused!! If the NGo are better for performance (and at the same time not makeing the IQ to low) than the XG!! Help Please!! Sorry if i'm getting Boring

14. kovboi

kovboi Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD4850
    That's great if the drivers boost your performance that much! As for the poll, well everyone has their own take. I voted for NGOs as a result of my own comparison of the optimized drivers:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137936

But like other pro-XG gurus pointed out, this isn't a comparison of the same driver across the board and benchmarks don't tell you much about the quality of the image. Personally I think the NGOs are great...on my machine. The forum is helpful for getting advice and others' opinions, but always go with what's best for your own rig! :)

15. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    IT depends on your system. The majority of gamers like to see eye candy without decrease in performance so thats why they voted for XG. Some systems like other drivers better than others some will like ngos some will like XG they all perform differently and the majority have spoken.....

16. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    I like to see the eye candy but even with XG there's a performance decrease so I prefer NGO beacause I get get almost as good as the Default IQ with a great Performance Boost!!

17. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    like i said depends on your system. I have no perf decrease with them but thats just my system.

18. pengful

pengful Master Guru

GPU:
    Elsa Gladiac A660GT 128 Mb@600/1200 (**80.40HD)
    So Fr@nky, stay with the NGOs if they make you happy.

I remember in the old days when you have only 1 set of drivers and they are from the maker, no one has any problem with choice. Now we are all freaking out because we have choices and we want the best.

Like what most gurus have said, IT DEPENDS ON YOUR SYSTEM!

19. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    Excactly, i get no fps decrease at all in fact i get higher fps it just depends on your setup.

20. F636y623

F636y623 Guest

Best for my geforce 4 still are XG 67.66b with nv3x -performance setting. They run a lot better then newer drivers here.