Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 Comparison

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TheGriffin, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agizor

Agizor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    You do see that developers only have SO much time to put a decent title together. Just because it holds like 4x as much doesn't mean they can afford to spend 4x as much time making it.

2. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
  3. robbyd612000

robbyd612000 Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 7800gt
    I've got to be honest I have a PS2 (we use this for karioake, not games anymore) and an Xbox. Both are a little long in the tooth but I only ever play games on the Xbox and even on this most of the stuff looks very ordinary now.
    So really I prefer Xbox, which is understandable considering the specs of the machine. From a neutrals point of view it worries me that the new Xbox360 has a limitation on the size of the DVDs it can take - at least compared with this Blu-ray drive Sony wants to use. Whoever said content will be limited is correct - unless they start compressing data on the disk! (loading time?)
    That said Sony's plans seem over ambitous to me - I won't be suprised if its toned down. Both of them cannot possibly make a profit on the machines alone (I know about the developers franchises - but what about piracy?)
    There are stories circulating that both machines are far from finished versions - so most of these demos are probably not running on the machines that will be sold to us.
    One final point M$ probably have enough cash to give Xbox360s away - not only that most games will be much easier to port from PC. Sony need to move fast - this is their bread and butter, they unlike M$ cannot afford to loose. They could soon be following Nintendo who are about to follow Sega into the graveyard of console makers.

4. scarface1983

scarface1983 Guest

id rather buy the NEXT-GEN video cards that r coming out, ATI already has said that their next gen video card will be more powerfull than any console, cideo cards are so powerfull that most games dont take advantage of a cpu as much as before, so all those cores r a waste, nvidia's next gen video card is gonna rock, put 2 of them together in SLI, uve got a generation ahead of xbox360 and PS3, console r cool, but i dont like consoles, PC gaming is my fav, and id rather get a enw video card, i heard PS3 is gonna be 500 bucks.............

5. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Sony can't afford to lose? Tell me what kinds of products Sony doesn't sell. This may bring in the most cash for them but if they fail, or don't succed very well, this isn't going to be the end all be all.

In my opinion consoles suck forever, from the N64 and PS era onward, and that PCs live forever. I am probably goign to buy many of the next-gen consoles, but that's merely to make profit. I know some peopel that had some preordered PS2s when they came out and sold them for about twice the MSRP. That's just insane, but hey, more profit to the ones who preorderd. BTW, can I preorder any of these yet?

6. David16k

David16k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 7600GT XXX 256MB VIVO
    You can't play a game with just a videocard. You'll need a fast CPU, RAM and HD. This costs more than all three consoles together.

7. blkspade

blkspade Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek Nvidia Geforce 6800 GT 256MB
    While it seems noone else has bother making the correction I guess I will. 3x3.2ghz does not equal 9.6ghz. That is just further marketing, and down right lying. That is just not how MultiProcessing works. Even if they all were in full use that's just 3 processors running their what ever tasks were assigned to them.

8. ChaosTheory

ChaosTheory Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB @580Mhz
    Striker, please check your sources before you comment on anything. To use the blu ray disk(which cost more than DVD) you have to pay more money. Blu ray is more expensive and would most likey cost around 60-100 dollars for the massive games you are talking about. N64 came out with those games that needed the expansions and they cost around $60. Also, I do not think you can hook up a keyboard/mouse to the new consoles even though they have the USB ports. If you could that would be a pretty nice add on.

9. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    wtf games will cost 59.99 thats all. 100?! LMFAO well considering you can use internet on ps3 id imagine you can use a keyboard and mouse. dont know if shooters will support it. the reason it will start high and likely lower is cuz the technology will become easier to produce, just like anything else. N64 games were so much cuz cartridges cost more to make than cd/dvd. i think blue ray games will start at 59.99, a ten dollar increase. that is a 20% increase after all.

Last edited: May 24, 2005
  10. greengiant

greengiant Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    I know microsoft said they are not using KB and mouse for shooters because it would be unfair, don't know about sony though

11. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    whats unfair about it. that you will play better or something. and might enjoy console shooter more. if sony adds KB and mouse support for shooters i bet they can sway some pc gamers to play some shooters on ps3

12. wizwizwa

wizwizwa Guest

in regards to comments made in my ps3 under the hood post.

lmao at you guys, you don't have two clues to rub together. You are the ones getting upset because someone doesn't think sony is all that, your the fan-boys not me. say what you want about ms Xbox Nintendo what ever I could care less lol. I just don't buy sonys **** no big deal it just never ceases to amazes me how gullible the general public is where sony is concerned, and That pic was/is funny!

13. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    the thing is its not that funny. i could care less if it WAS a george foreman grill. as long as it produces beautiful graphics to my screen smoothly.

14. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Hey Guys,

Whoooo, PS3 is very dangerous piece of hardware !!! whooo, who knows Saddam Hussein would love to buy 4000 PS3 links running enough to drop nukes anywhere anytime but sorry he is in hole. :D

BTW, rumors saddam bought 4000 PS2 !!! yep.

Peace

15. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    He bought them for research - to try to learn how to make his own Solid Snake

16. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    fanboyism abounbds here lol...

I think I'll be buying a PS3 anyways >.> so mind you, it's my money...

but it's all about the games in the end

17. wizwizwa

wizwizwa Guest

its not funny to you because it about sony if it was something about an Xbox or something you would think it was funny.

I did not realize just how bias this board was its OK to post pro sony stuff but post anything against sony and well close your threads. lol

Yay more duplicated console threads. One thread on this topic is enough, we don't need 5ive, and Adair is perfectly correct when he says you could've posted this in other threads. You should listen to him once in a while.

my threads are just as legitimate as any others.

18. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    No, they are not. Nobody is really biased against anything, its just that you are an idiot.

19. Strikerx80

Strikerx80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 980 Ti SC +120/+300
    uh no why dont you visit my thread about making fun of ps3 contollers and psp they are funny. the grill thing has been seen so many times already its worn out and not funny

20. wizwizwa

wizwizwa Guest

a yeah they are and
    opinions are free and yours of me, is not only worth nothing, it also means nothing,

thread about VF
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138131
    Boo Yeah thats my favorite fighting game

its a joke if you don't find it funny not my fault
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138366

as the title says Microsoft's, Xbox 360 vs. Sony's PlayStation 3
    a thread to discuss What Microsoft said. which yes was bias but there was a lot of real info in there. Its just a lot of you don't want to hear the truth about certain things
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138476

and correct me if I'm wrong but isn't a forum a place for people of different ideas to discuss them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.