My New Gaming Laptop

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by talisman954, May 20, 2005.

1. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Lostfaith, the article stang link to was for a SONOMA, not a DOTHAN (the older chip). Thats a huge difference. For example, 533mhz fsb vs 400mhz, as well as dual channel support.
    What big company would be behind that review? Intel doesn't want people using the P-m in desktops.

2. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    @ Dutchman_007

I would go for a Centrino based system in your situation....just remember, the more powerful, the less battery life, the heavier etc...

Mines is about 9 months old and it still runs everything good (Doom 3 25-30fps @ medium settings/ Hl2 30-50fps @ high settings except FSAA and AF) and runs photoshop well (well, havent really dont any heavy projects with photoshop on this laptop so far)....I get bout 4.5 hours of battery life with my performance level set @ medium....and like Stang said, the wireless range of the IntelPro Wireless is geat :D

3. zhackore

zhackore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 570
    i want that M inside my desktop... we should have the choice. just like the special barton chips released by amd.

4. Must Kill Ati

Must Kill Ati Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800le
    I'll pimp my sisters and mother out to you for a week or so, if you'll let me play for an hour.

5. Dutchman_007

Dutchman_007 Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800XT
    now that's the kind of answer im looking for.. thanks for the advice! btw, do you run any other programs that i mentioned before?

Hola!

6. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    Meh, Centrino wifi's ok.
    My old (2002) Orinoco m-PCI card (802.11b, 3.3V) in my old laptop is far better though. Can sniff out far away signals like nothing else. The meat is really the cpu and the chipset (esp the new one, thats sweet)

7. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Alienware overcharges for everything.

I personally don't like DELL all that much but I have to say there laptops are really good in terms of price and the customization they offer.

I would have gotten a DELL, you could have gotten the XPS system with a better config. than for that alienware.

8. top_gun36

top_gun36 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9800 Pro|MR9600 Pro Turbo
    Sorry man...just photoshop out of the ones you listed