PSP Tips and Tricks...

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Morketh, May 12, 2005.

1. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    My beautiful wife got me a PSP for our anniversary (6 months.. heck of a present for 6 months eh... no sex though :(( lol)

Anyways I was wanting to know all of the tips and tricks about a PSP, anyone have one of these? I have tony hawk underground 2 for it and its pretty fun man i can get some massive air in that game, gotta be my favorite tony hawk! I know it can get on the internet although I havent done that yet, I have a 32MB memory card and hooked that up to my comp, put some music and pictures on there. No dead pixels on me PSP w00t, how lucky for me!

So do you guys have any tips or tricks for the PSP? Any would be helpful!

2. Dojomann

Dojomann Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 275 896MB
    Kin I have your wife for a while? I need some new computer parts. (JK lol.)

here's something I found that might be of help:

Click

3. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    Well, I have read that the PSP has been cracked already by pirates and there is some ISOs out there, wonder how that works, do you have to have a bigger memory chip to use them? i saw a 256MB memory chip for the PSP for 80 bucks i only have a 32MB hehe.. would suck if u had to put 1 game per memory chip...

haha i didnt even see ur post! yea i just read that on the official psp site!

4. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    gah, all of these people are talking about putting DVDs and all of that stuff on their PSP, how do they do that crap with a chip that doesnt have that much memory?

also, anyone found an article where you can change the background on the main menu to whatever u want?

Last edited: May 12, 2005

5. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    If you do a search here, somebody posted a way to go online with the PSP.

6. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    http://www.psphome.com/mailbag.php?

wireless gaming! it says infrastructure is used for far away multiplayer gaming.. what does it mean, does it mean like actual online gaming? i can play with a friend in korea if i live in US?
    I took my tony hawk game online and didnt see anyone hosting a game... so i dont no about this.

7. rsjrv99

rsjrv99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 OC Windforce
    oooo! Ooooo! I got one!

Pour the substance called "Gasoline" on the HDTV screen and then light a match and wave it over. The PSP should create a doorway to heaven....or it could explode....lets just say that a gateway to heaven will open. Have fun!

8. ArChAnGeLv7

ArChAnGeLv7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA nvidia 7800GTX 256MB
    You can't change the background, it changes once a month, for the new month, so unless you rig your system into thinking it's august cause u like that color, theres no other way to change it, not yet at least.

People are fitting dvd's quite easily on a psp, thanks to the pro duo memory sticks that are sold seperately. You received a 32MB stick, which, yes, is small. But there are 128,256,512 and 1GB sticks available as well. I bought a 128MB stick, wish I had spent the extra $5 bucks on a 256MB. But if u want to fit a dvd, you'll need 512-1gb stick.

128mb is $39.99
    256 $44.99
    512 $89.99
    1gb $149.99
    4gb $449.99 (insane)

9. Phillip04

Phillip04 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7800GT
    Yah i got a 512, I put SIN CITY on there using psp video9. Freekin great!

10. rsjrv99

rsjrv99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 770 OC Windforce
    Sorry but sin city is still in theatres. There is no way you could've gotten it.

11. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    the best tip ever for the PSP is get the 1gig chip. Use it for media and save the 32mb one that came woth it for the game files. Download PSP video 9 it is the best video converter for the PSP (for now anyway).
    Get another battery. If you plan on watching movies and playing games (via UMD) away from a power source (which you probably will). The extra battery will save you some fustration.
    If you are going to use the memory card for movies, I was able to watch all of Eddie Murphy's Delerious (1.25hr) and listen to music afterwords for another hour or so on one charge. I found out that music doesn't take that much out of the battery, niether does movies as long as they are coming from the mem card. Basicly it's the spinning of the UMD's that kill the battery. So if you are playing the games (which you probably are) definitly get another battery.
    Let's not forget the case. Get this one if you want more battery power http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255789.asp . But I HIGHLY recommend the Logitech Playgear case http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256290.asp . I own one and it is by far the best case EVER. Access to the earphone jack, the power jack, wifi switch, power switch and L R buttons while the case is shut. Open it up and it is fully opperational with out having to take the PSP out (except to change games, mem card and attach the USB). The Cover even flips back to act as a stand so you can prop your PSP on a table and watch a movie ( say on a patio somewhere having a beer?). It is 1000 times as good as the first case if you include this is battery adapter http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=801938 . You should be able to get it from other places aswell.

Last edited: May 13, 2005
  12. stoner

stoner Master Guru

GPU:
    x800xt
    yea the 1gb is the way to go.
    and the guy with sin city has a crappy bootleg.

13. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    wow thanks for the tips guys i have another question.. is the psp able to play ur own music while playing a game or play the music while browsing the psps home menu... i tried to do it and everytime i started my music and tried to browse the home menu it would exit out which kinna made me mad, should be able to listen to music while gaming or surfing ur menu...

14. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    Not yet. Maybe when a new firmware update comes out.

15. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    alright thanks alot :) sony should have done most of this stuff to begin with.. i figured it would definitely be able to do all of this junk

16. Phillip04

Phillip04 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7800GT
    poor guy, doesnt know about the whole other internet world out there.

17. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    hahaha yea that is pretty funny.

18. Phillip04

Phillip04 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7800GT
    LoL you added it to your sig, thats nice.