fx 55 seems slow

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by dawnyworld, May 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dawnyworld

dawnyworld Member

GPU:
    asus matrix 290X +290xdc2
    its off

but thanks :)

2. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    Dual eVGA 8800 GTS 640mb / SLI
    Im just now goin with my pro 64. not many updates in auto update. minor ones only. installing HL2/CSSource/steam etc now. All seems well.

M

3. Wesley

Wesley Member

GPU:
    2x E-VGA Geforce 7800GTX
    I think my fx-55 is working fine, around 75000 in aquamark and 6200 in 3d05, no overclocking on the cpu but 540/590 on the vid card, i like the chip big price tag though.:)

4. dawnyworld

dawnyworld Member

GPU:
    that helps thanks

5. Slaymate

Slaymate Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SLI 800/2000
    I'm thinking your systems are still slow. I'm scoring in the 80000 in Aquamark and 6701 in 3DMark05 with a P4 @ 4GHz w/ a X800XT non PE. I am overclocking but all I ever hear is how much better the AMD FX is without overclocking. And for the money you all have spent I would be pissed off.
    http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=679708

6. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    woops dbl p

Last edited: May 18, 2005
  7. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    I got my OEM disc here, I had to buy a $1.99 POS keyboard with it to "Meet the requirements" lol

http://www.directron.com/winxpx64.html

I love it... almost bug free. HL2/CSSource/Doom3/Far Cry 64x version/MSOffice 2005, Nero 6, 3dMark '05 all work great. Perfect installs. It didnt like Aquamark3 though.Also, Internet Explorer (64bit) is the most buggy aspect so far. It doesnt like Java , or the google toolbar . It also goes crazy with ActiveX on everysite. But loads in a flash. Thats awesome btw. When they de_bug the 64vs of IE , im all over it. Im glad it gives you the option of either 32 or 64 Explorer. Had some onboard sound issue... manufacturors site straightened it out.

M

8. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    Hi m8 after reading almighty 1 st post (a wanker) I have not read the whole thread but, so fogive me if i echo somthing some one else has said. I would say its in your bios settings a fx 55 a8n sli and a 68gt are not slow its about as good as it gets.

I would say the trouble is in your memory timings xms is not the best mem for that motherboard but try run @ cas 2.5,2,2,8,t1 leave every thing else on auto there is a lot of new settings to do with pci-e and memory you are probably not to familiar with, you will pick up more with your cas to ras delay at 2 than cas 2 a64's love timings but you can go to tight sounds funny but its true 2.8v to the memory will also help at those settings the 55 should go to 225 to 230mhz fairly easy so just have a play. 6800gt's are not the bench mark king their strengths are in game

and nice rig m8:)

9. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    ty sir ... Ill get that translated as soon as possible :/

M

10. dawnyworld

dawnyworld Member

GPU:
    thanks phrozin

i will give it ago will post back as soon as poss but missus is in hospital :(

thanks again DW

ps Hooked you are so helpful :(

Last edited: May 19, 2005

11. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    hey, im here to learn .. im one small step above moron with this.
    please dont ever look to me for guidance again :)

M

12. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    The board does not come with overclocking features like FSB, multiplier, voltage adjustments at all. It is really a pity as we are unable to determine if there is a FIX PCI/PCI-E within the chipset that most overclockers are looking for. The only adjustments we can find are options for ASync 166,133,100 operation. HTT width can be set to operate in 8 or 16 bits. HTT freq can be set to 1GHz, 800MHz, 600Mhz, 400 MHz.

http://www.ocworkbench.com/2004/msi/ms-7093/b7.htm

What can I do with this POS mobo ?

M

13. Slaymate

Slaymate Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SLI 800/2000
    To Hooked,
    I'm a big ATi fan but at the moment I couldn't recommend a ATi chipset mobo and not feel like a loser. Your best bet is a NForce4 board from Abit or Asus. They cost a little more but it should be a drop in the bucket after shelling out so much for a FX55.

14. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    even though its a small form factor, i guess its called. mini/shuttle pc type/size? Its warrantied and I would have to send it back and wait , be overcharged ... yad yada yada ... I need to do whatever with whats in it... ty though. I totally agree

M

15. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    k, my bios is jacked. All i have is as follows.

PCI Latency Timer def@ 64 goes to 255
    DRAM config / Memclock (mhz) def@200 options 166,133,100
    CAS latency def@2.5 options for 2,2.5,3 only

?

16. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    This is not about a "slow cpu". FX-55's are the fastest out there. Something obviously isnt right with the drivers/bios. If I can get the scores I get with a 64 3200+ and AGP, I damn sure know a FX-55 with PCI-X, can out score me. Something simply isnt installed/configured right. It aint the cpu, trust me.

Totally agree. What little I have read on the ATI mobos isnt the greatest news in the world. That could be your problem. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure of it. Exchange them if you can.

Last edited: May 20, 2005
  17. rEbirTH

rEbirTH Guest

what drivers are you using?

18. dawnyworld

dawnyworld Member

GPU:
    hooked sorry m8 was a bit off with you

right set my latenceys to 2.5 2 2 8 1t

getting loads of bsod stop error 0x0000004e

pfn_list_corrupt

did search and it came back to check memory

ran memtest 86 all fine

now put back to 2 2 3 5 2t to see if it goes ok again

19. Hooked

Hooked Member Guru

GPU:
    m8 , you dont seem to understand .. the only settings i have in bios are
    DRAM config / Memclock (mhz) def@200 options 166,133,100
    CAS latency def@2.5 options for 2,2.5,3 only

The board does not come with overclocking features like FSB, multiplier, voltage adjustments at all. It is really a pity as we are unable to determine if there is a FIX PCI/PCI-E within the chipset that most overclockers are looking for. The only adjustments we can find are options for ASync 166,133,100 operation. HTT width can be set to operate in 8 or 16 bits. HTT freq can be set to 1GHz, 800MHz, 600Mhz, 400 MHz.

http://www.ocworkbench.com/2004/msi/ms-7093/b7.htm

20. rEbirTH

rEbirTH Guest

sounds like a cheesy motherboard paired with a ferrari of a CPU. just get high end nforce4 or even nforce3 mobo and youll be set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.