Extreme Mountain biking? anyone?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by NvidiaRox, May 10, 2005.

1. ha ha missed me

ha ha missed me Master Guru

GPU:
    sapphire x800xl agp @ 435 /535 :)
    well if ya into road bikes lemond make some gorgeous ti/carbon bikes but £5-6000 ouch!! even for me and i can pay mine over 6 months as well (trek own lemond aswell btw)

2. I own a BOOMERANG with 21 Speed-Change by SHIMANO, about a year and it's great, never felt tired when climbing, although it got that hitch where sometimes the chain would slip out if i don't double-check before the ride ;)

[​IMG]

sorry for the bad quality

3. NvidiaRox

NvidiaRox Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280
    might need a tune up, haha.

4. chungdy

chungdy Master Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek PX8800 GTS
    I have a 01' Specialized StumpJumper that have been with me for the past 4 years

[​IMG]

5. NvidiaRox

NvidiaRox Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280
    dam thats nice, if only i road biked i could relate ahah

6. Ish

Ish Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    [​IMG]
    go big or go home! KoNa Dirt jumping! Thats my bike with my brother showing me hows it done. =P I LOVE the small frame on it. its not a good down hill bike but its perfect for my body size and wieght 5'6 125lbs :D

7. r3tude

r3tude Member

GPU:
    2x 6800 Ultra PCI-E
    I used to love mountain biking I was a nutcase Downhiller, fearless. I used to have a Sintesi Python XC Frame Fully custom linkage designed by myself built by local engineering firm in machined aluminium 5inch rear travel, Hope hubs Sunn DH rims Marzochi Z1s, Sold it on ebay for a quick sale £300 worth well over a grand.

I quit after I blamed myself for paralysing a lad from the neck down he was trying to copy me came off on a concrete foundation. I didn't realise it was that serous and went home for me dinner to come back later when the ambulance was just leaving.

I had no fear riding steep downhills through trees at 60mph often came off myself ended up with no end of injuries (never broke a bone though). But soon as it grasped that the 14 year old lad was copying me trying to beat me and I kept going its disturbing I now smoke 30 cigs a day so i cant ride to the next lampost without falling down exhausted now.

Just be careful not just for yourself but others discourage amatures from copying you.

8. NvidiaRox

NvidiaRox Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280
    Lol, who cares, he had it coming in the first place, dum kids.

9. Blue Raptor

Blue Raptor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Crucial 9700 Pro
    Quick video of myself about 4 months back

Click Here

and a shot of my chase 2

[​IMG]

She now has a pair of shermans and new wheels with hope hubs :)

10. NvidiaRox

NvidiaRox Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX280
    dam thats nice! liked the video keep it up, nice balance, you ever do any of the other balance related stuff like riding on thin poles and jumping from gap to gap while balancing on your rear tire? i have seen guys doing it on kranked videos and stuff but thats just crazy, maybe someday ill have that kind of balance.