Guru 3D SLI Users Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by MikeMK, Jan 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I have see a friend working on a hardware shop, He can sell me a real fine Watercooling system..named 1-A Watercooling...this one is specially made for OC, the system is not a kit and you can mod. the system from cheap price: 400-450 euros to more 700 Euros a real incredible system... This WC sys. is using for hardware using on animation 3d for movie...

Sorry for you i have try Everquest and have the same corruption, this is caused by the driver i think...Hmm now i just begin Guild Wars...

I remember Everquest have many tweaks for graphics in settings.
    But really i can' t help you with this...

The SLi need a type of use for the 2x graphics card:

SFR: Split frame, the 2x GPU is rendering some portion on the screen/frame.

Afr: the GPU1 render one frame, the second GPU render the 2th frame...etc...

AFR2: the GPU 2 render the first frame, the First GPU render the second frame etc...

You can only use one of this option at the same time...

Try downlod the "Nhancer* (you cand find this one in Guru download page) It' s the more easy soft for choose The type of settings for SLI, and AF..AA..optimisations etc...

Last edited: May 7, 2005
  2. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    Have you guys read the "world tour" stuff on slizone? It's pretty funny..

" CPL Turkey, Day 3: She played me all night long...

I was so happy to finally get into Istanbul. But as soon as I got to my hotel, they wanted to whisk me away up to my room like some big rock star. I guess I can't really blame them...I mean, I do rock. But before I could object, a girl showed up and took me up to her room. I didn't even have to buy her a drink! Well hellloooooooo nurse.

While it's nice to get such star treatment, I was still a little traumatized by the whole incident at customs, so what I really wanted to do was just chill. No such luck - instead of letting me relax, this girl played with me the whole night! Granted, I wasn't worried at all about how I could perform, but you would think she could give me a break right before thousands of gamers got their hands on me the next day.

Just when I thought she was done with one game, she would load up another...and then another...and then another. Maybe she heard the rumor that I was scaling up to 2x performance on over 60 games. All I could think was, honey, I got driver 71.84. Keep tryin' to play me baby - I can last all night. You'll be playing games up to next year if you want to try all of them out. In truth, I had outlasted her when the night was through - she was asleep on the bed while I had barely broken a sweat. Now that's what I call a successful benchmark!!"

http://www.slizone.com/content/slizone/tour.html

lol (sorry, kind of OT - but SLI related :))

3. AlexChan

AlexChan Member

GPU:
    PowerColour 9700 Pro 128MB
    Hmm...
    So the FX series plus the PC4000 did really make a different.
    My CPU just Athlon 64 4000+ not FX
    Do your card have HDTV out?
    I know Asus 6600GT did not have HDTV out and eVGA have HDTV out.

4. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    I thought the 4000+ cpu's were FX53's really... well, some of them. Does anyone know if is this true?

5. Elemental HQ

Elemental HQ Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x Nvidia BFG 6600GT OC 570/1.14 PCI-Express SLI
    i had watercooling on my amd xp but i do not think i wanna do it with this one. i am happy with the temps. my room was 89F today and my cpu load temp after played W.O.W. for like 3 straights hours was 46C. i am ok with that lol

6. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    Ahhh! I think I am right - check this out:

"Sporting many of the same design features as last month's Athlon 64 3800+ selection, the Athlon 64 4000+ sets itself apart not through a higher clockspeed, but with an increased L2 cache. The Athlon 64 4000+ is the only Socket 939 CPU to feature 1MB L2 cache outside of the Athlon 64 FX line, making this CPU a natural transition processor between the Athlon 64 FX and Athlon 64 series. Since we are using our own heatsink and fan for the AMD processor this month we decided to save a few bucks and go with a lower priced OEM model. At $499 this processor certainly isn't cheap, but with some extra leeway in the budget this month, and the need to match our upgraded Intel system, made this CPU the perfect choice"

taken from:
    http://www.sharkyextreme.com/guides/MHGSBG/article.php/10707_3503061__2

7. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    Yes, in real the Venice is the exact replic ofthe FX53... The 4200+
    San diego will have close performance of the FX55.

For real, i'm not sure i will build a watercooling... All my system is cooled by Zalmann, at 2640 Mhz, 1.5@1.64V my Cpu stay on idle
    under the 40°C, after some hour stay at 41°C idle... Only thing, i think to"cool" the all with this sys for SLI GPU... and why not the CPU too... My new case is big and i can build all the system in the case...

A little sys:[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    Revenant, have you try the Nhancer, is really good, all settings
    as Nvidia Panel(AA-AF) some more, and SLI settings .

I have change the memory latency of my 2 cards..work well...if you use the Ntimings soft, you can do it easy under windows, before flash the bios of cards... If this interest someone.

Ah,,, this Guild Wars is so good....really good...the story is excellent, run well, load speed, (i remember have download update for EQ2 DURING 5 hours, and it was just the trial...)
    Really a good game if you like RPG style...In real, he complete my
    addict to FPS perfectly....Hmm pehraps i need work sometimes....:D :D

9. phrozin

phrozin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980
    not sure about that Revenant their saying the g70 1 card may suck up 200watts, if so 650w wont be enough 400w for the vids only leaves 150 left 120 to 140 will go on the fx 800w is more like it but conjecture atm till we see the cards but don’t buy hardware atm for them till all the talk is reality. There is also talk to new ati's could be in the same boat :)

10. xpdawgx

xpdawgx Guest

Figured out my problem. lol it's kinda funny. My second card did not produce a video signal. It turned on and everything... but nothing else happened. So I'll be sending it back... hehe

11. revenant

revenant Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX260 SLI
    Well, I read about that - and I was jokingly saying what I did at the end of my comments...and I geuss we'll just have to see how it pans out when it hits full mass production... maybe these pre-production samples are not optimzed, etc... who knows... it's funny, that 850 watt PSU is like $500, which is now going to becoming a HUGE factor in the sale of high end SLI systems... buying the PSU is like buying one of the cards. lol. Granted, fabrication prices for them will likely fall a little as more of them are mass produced, but this market has a tendency to sort of "victemize the consumers", if you will, so prices may hold on them (PSUs), pretty well for a while... who knows. Anyways... maybe they'll have an energy concious model I will be able to use with my 650. heh...

12. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Did the second card not output a signal when it was in SLI mode or on its own when in the primary slot? The reason I ask is that its perfectly normal for the second card not to output a video signal in SLI mode. Its not meant to, only the primary card does.

13. xpdawgx

xpdawgx Guest

When it was in as a singal. Which would explain why it would render stuff in SLI mode but still be screwed up enough to make it faulty sometimes. I also tried it as the primary card in SLI mode and it did not output the signal.

14. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    cool... its definately the card then. I just wanted to make sure u didnt send a card back for no reason! ;)

15. xpdawgx

xpdawgx Guest

thanks for the concern and the help! :)

16. Noway05

Noway05 Member

GPU:
    Zotac gtx 1080 founders
    a logisys 480w psu can handle 2x6600gt sli?? i only have 1 sata hd and 2 ide devices

17. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    It should do, but just to be sure, how many amps are on the 12v rail?

EDIT: Oh, and what CPU are u running?

Last edited: May 8, 2005
  18. Noway05

Noway05 Member

GPU:
    Zotac gtx 1080 founders
    the amp i'm not sure, i don't have the psu yet and the cpu winchester 3200+

19. Noway05

Noway05 Member

GPU:
    Zotac gtx 1080 founders
    how many amp should i have in the 12v rail???

20. Marri

Marri Guest

GPU:
    Is this normal....

Unreal2004 runs better when SLI is disabled...the minimum fps stays above 55FPS on full settings..

with SLi enabled the minimum FPS goes down to 35 at points with too much smoke...this does'nt happen when disabled...

I turned on aa 4x and it tOo give better performance with SLI disabled from the Drivers multi GPU column that requires a restart every time...

Is this normal...im confused..and very worried...how do i fix this problem if its not normal...

thanks... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.